Predict how long before????

How long before the Tragedy of the Batman Movie shooting will be twisted Politically into another Anti gun Campaign by the Democrats? I'm thinking Monday Morning the pro gun ban people will be in high gear. I think that they will use the weekend to plan their strike which will commence at 9AM Monday morning on all of those usual suspect shows. They will wait until the majority of people who aren't Democrats do what they do best... Go to WORK.

Bloomberg demands gun action from Obama and Romney

CNN Political Ticker- All politics, all the time - CNN.com Blogs

How long before the Tragedy of the Batman Movie shooting will be twisted Politically into another Anti gun Campaign by the Democrats? I'm thinking Monday Morning the pro gun ban people will be in high gear. I think that they will use the weekend to plan their strike which will commence at 9AM Monday morning on all of those usual suspect shows. They will wait until the majority of people who aren't Democrats do what they do best... Go to WORK.

I hope that you are wrong.

I already am, they are politicizing it NOW.

I'm not doubting you, but how are they "politicizing" it?

I am a gun owner, a CCW permit holder, an airborne infantryman for 12 years active duty, quite comfortable with weapons, their use, and their results.

There is no constitutional protection for civilians with military type weapons.

The automatic action and magazine capacity are the issues.

Certain weapons are not the single shot weapons about which the Founders were concerned.

bigrebnc has repeatedly proved that the laws of the land prevent the militias from owning military-style weapons.

Why, Jake? Why should semi-automatics be an 'issue'? For that matter, why should full autos be an 'issue'? Gun laws only stop honest citizens from owning them. Criminals are going to have them no matter what laws you pass. If you don't believe me, look at Chicago and Washington, DC.

Last edited:
I am a gun owner, a CCW permit holder, an airborne infantryman for 12 years active duty, quite comfortable with weapons, their use, and their results.

The automatic action and magazine capacity are the issues.

Certain weapons are not the single shot weapons about which the Founders were concerned.

bigrebnc has repeatedly proved that the laws of the land prevent the militias from owning military-style weapons.

Why, Jake? Why should semi-automatics be an 'issue'? For that matter, why should full autos be an 'issue'? Gun laws only stop honest citizens from owning them. Criminals are going to have them no matter what laws you pass. If you don't believe me, look at Chicago and Washington, DC.

Oh ok, so we'll have to rely on the government (aka army) for protection? or the police force? worked out well for those movie goers.....

Do your own research, my friend. The police responded within 90 seconds. Civilians can carry in Colorado. You want your own gunship, and how would have that helped? If I had been there, perhaps I would have got him. I am sure some in the audience were armed. It still took the police to get him.

Concealed Carry, Reciprocity Maps, Concealed Weapons Permit ... Colorado is a Castle Doctrine state and does have a stand-your-ground law.

Colorado Concealed Carry Permit Information

Oh ok, so we'll have to rely on the government (aka army) for protection? or the police force? worked out well for those movie goers.....

Last edited:
And why do you have a problem with that label. I am suggesting that a minority group of individuals who profess to know what is in the best interest of the majority must obviously consider themselves intellectual elitists... Wouldn't you agree?

you act as though you are the first person I've heard on here speak in such a manner...you can backpedal and rationalize all you want...but you know damned well of what I speak.

What term would you suggest people use for a minority who desires to impose their will upon the majority, if not "intellectual elite"? I'm all ears...

funny...I'd call them tea party extremists.

Tragedies like this are support for widespread gun ownership and looser carrying laws. How many lives would have been saved if someone had been packing heat and had been able to bury one between the eyes?

steelplate lines up . . . here's the snap . . . and the kick . . . and tjvh sails into the net!

GOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Answered above in #145.

Tragedies like this are support for widespread gun ownership and looser carrying laws. How many lives would have been saved if someone had been packing heat and had been able to bury one between the eyes?

may have helped...maybe not. From what was reported...it happened during an intense action sequence and many people in the theater thought it was coming from the movie...so It's hard to say.

Do your own research, my friend. The police responded within 90 seconds. Civilians can carry in Colorado. You want your own gunship, and how would have that helped? If I had been there, perhaps I would have got him. I am sure some in the audience were armed. It still took the police to get him.

Concealed Carry, Reciprocity Maps, Concealed Weapons Permit ... Colorado is a Castle Doctrine state and does have a stand-your-ground law.

In Colorado, my understanding is you cannot carry a concealed weapon into a business establishment if the owner posts signs saying it is prohibited.

That may be but your and my understanding do not count. I think a person's right to run his private property the way he wants probably outweighs the right to CCW on it. Our colleges have the same issues, and I am divided on the issue.

In Colorado, my understanding is you cannot carry a concealed weapon into a business establishment if the owner posts signs saying it is prohibited.

wow...so what you are saying is that a business owner shouldn't have the right to set the rules in his own establishment?

So, I guess you can tell me why a M-4 should be illegal, but a consumer rifle in the sam caliber and magazine capacity wouldn't be. Is it that the M-4 will fire 3 round bursts? Or that the M-4-A1 will fire fully auto?
Remember, fully automatic weapons are already illegal (for nearly everyone)

Must be because it's scary looking and has a scary name.... "assault weapon" Dayum. It does sound scary. Scary, isn't it?

I don't think they should be illegal at all, I just think the term assault rifle should be reserved for fully automatic firearms if we must use the term at all.
Assault rifle is a misnomer anyway. The AR came from the AR 14, 15 and 16. I don't know who decided that AR stands for assault rifle, but it doesn't. It stands for ArmaLite, the company that developed the concept.

You are correct Armalite... Eugene Stoner.

Hey some people do use it

Elderly Florida man who shot cafe robbers unlikely to face charges: prosecutors - NY Daily News

What can you do Jake, I doubt many teenagers and people there had guns, I mean if you have proof lets see it. Just because they have concealed carry laws, doesnt mean people have a permit. I dont have one, I could get one, maybe I'm just too lazy.

wow...so what you are saying is that a business owner shouldn't have the right to set the rules in his own establishment?

No he just stated that the theatre owners may have a rule against it, hence no one drew and blew the guy away. Either you're stupid or just a dick, but dont be either. you knew what he meant.

I didn't say anything of the kind. I'm suggesting that it's possible firearms were completely prohibited at this theatre, and if so no one would have been armed other than this criminal.

Mebbe so, white eyes. But :lol: the fact remains, we don't know. What we do know is that the police responded in 90 seconds. What we do know is that the madman shot down 70 people in a very few seconds. If you had a sniper rifle sitting in a nest across the street for such an incident, you still might not have got him.

Elderly Florida man who shot cafe robbers*unlikely to face charges: prosecutors - NY Daily News

What can you do Jake, I doubt many teenagers and people there had guns, I mean if you have proof lets see it. Just because they have concealed carry laws, doesnt mean people have a permit. I dont have one, I could get one, maybe I'm just too lazy.

Mebbe so, white eyes. But :lol: the fact remains, we don't know. What we do know is that the police responded in 90 seconds. What we do know is that the madman shot down 70 people in a very few seconds. If you had a sniper rifle sitting in a nest across the street for such an incident, you still might not have got him.

Elderly Florida man who shot cafe robbers*unlikely to face charges: prosecutors - NY Daily News

Probably not a good place to be using a laughing smiley.

I didn't say anything of the kind. I'm suggesting that it's possible firearms were completely prohibited at this theatre, and if so no one would have been armed other than this criminal.

ok...point noted. I really did think you meant people ought to be forced to allow other people to carry on their premises.

Forum List

Back