Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

I don't live in a house. Also, I take it you are also against electric cars. Tell me, about how much do you spend on gasoline each month. I bet it comes out to a pretty penny. Just imagine if you didn't have to pay that each month. And what if you had solar panels to recharge it. Even more money saved. Also, any number of things can go wrong with an internal combustion engine or transmission. Though it rarely happens, when it does, it costs plenty to fix. With an electric car you don't have to worry about any of those expenses. Or antifreeze, oil change, or air or oil filter. Which means even more money saved.

Oh, let's see. EV's destroy their tires in 8,000 miles, mine last a minimum of 55,000, so you have to buy tires 7 times to my one. OOOOOPS, there went your supposed savings on EVERYTHING else.

Add to that if you are in a wreck your EV gets totalled far more often then mine does.

A friend in carson city has a jeep gladiator and he got rear ended by a Tesla.

There was a mark on his bumper (he has an aftermarket steel rear bumper) while the Tesla was a write off.

No savings there!

1. A can't afford a car of any kind.

2. That's what storage batteries are for.

3. Solar panels are usually mounted at an angel. At an angle, the snow would fall off. As for the other part, storage batteries. Also, what if the company you worked for had solar panels over their parking area. You could then charge your car at work.
No, the snow doesn't fall off. Add to that a simple coating of dust lowers efficiency by 10% or so and you better keep them clean, bucko.

this fits here>>>

If we took a average common solar panel installed in the last 15 years, smashed it up in a big bucket of water, the contents would likely include the following:

Organized alphabetically:

- Aluminum (Al)

- Aluminum-doped Zinc Oxide (AZO)

- Boron (B)

- Cadmium Sulfide (CdS)

- Cadmium Telluride (CdTe)

- Copper (Cu)

- Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)

- Gallium (Ga)

- Glass

- Hydrogen (H)

- Indium (In)

- Indium Tin Oxide (ITO)

- Lead (Pb)

- Molybdenum (Mo)

- Phosphorus (P)

- Plastic and Polymers

- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)

- Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)

- Selenium (Se)

- Silicon (Si)

- Silicon dioxide (SiO2)

- Silver (Ag)

- Sodium (Na)

- Tedlar (PVF)

- Water (H20)

- Zinc Oxide (ZnO)

Which of these chemicals and constituents are you fine with in your residential water supply?

~S~

this fits here>>>

If we took a average common solar panel installed in the last 15 years, smashed it up in a big bucket of water, the contents would likely include the following:

- Aluminum (Al)

- Boron (B)

- Cadmium Sulfide (CdS)

- Copper (Cu)

- Gallium (Ga)

- Glass

- Hydrogen (H)

- Indium (In)

- Indium Tin Oxide (ITO)

- Lead (Pb)

- Molybdenum (Mo)

- Phosphorus (P)

- Plastic and Polymers

- Selenium (Se)

- Silicon (Si)

- Silicon dioxide (SiO2)

- Silver (Ag)

- Sodium (Na)

- Tedlar (PVF)

- Water (H20)

- Zinc Oxide (ZnO)

Which of these chemicals and constituents are you fine with in your residential water supply?

~S~
Don't forget Samarium. Used more and more in CIGS films.

Probably more than that west......but now think what it takes to mine and process all of it

This is all hazmat.....

~S~
Yup. I know. That was my business for over 30 years, cleaning up environmental disasters. First as an environmental geologist for Dames & Moore, then on my own.

These fanatics don't get it. They think these batteries and panels last forever, but like the batteries in everything, they wear out and have to be replaced at tremendous costs to the consumer and the environment.
Very true. Trading one form of pollution for another isn't really stopping the polluting.

Something these clods can't seem to figure out.

Yup. I know. That was my business for over 30 years, cleaning up environmental disasters. First as an environmental geologist for Dames & Moore, then on my own.
Anecdotally, I was a FF on one of my states first hazmat teams as a lad long ago West ......

I learned a lot

The identification of what is hazardous materials alone , as simple as that may seem, escapes the general public

Something i'll wager a geologist is well aware of... ;) ~S~

this fits here>>>

- Aluminum (Al)

- Boron (B)

- Cadmium Sulfide (CdS)

- Copper (Cu)

- Gallium (Ga)

- Glass

- Hydrogen (H)

- Indium (In)

- Indium Tin Oxide (ITO)

- Lead (Pb)

- Molybdenum (Mo)

- Phosphorus (P)

- Plastic and Polymers

- Selenium (Se)

- Silicon (Si)

- Silicon dioxide (SiO2)

- Silver (Ag)

- Sodium (Na)

- Tedlar (PVF)

- Water (H20)

- Zinc Oxide (ZnO)

~S~

Horsefeathers ... you're saying if we grind up a solar panel and dump it in a bucket of water, we'll detect water in the bucket? ... that's crazy talk ...

No trace of iron? ... but you had the nerve to list SiO2 ... I'm guessing you put zero thought into this list ... Hydrogen is unstable everywhere in our solar system ... good luck finding it in a bucket of water ...

What do you get when you do the same to a nuclear fuel rod? ... or an F-150? ... how about the computer you're using right now ... and why are you putting this in your water supply ... aren't all those agricultural pesticides bad enough ... now you're putting SiO2 in too? ...

Anecdotally, I was a FF on one of my states first hazmat teams as a lad long ago West ......

I learned a lot

The identification of what is hazardous materials alone , as simple as that may seem, escapes the general public

Something i'll wager a geologist is well aware of... ;) ~S~
It does. It also escapes a lot of people who really should know what they are dealing with, but don't.

Those are the ones who get people killed.

You are living in a dream world. Solar panels are a huge success. What needs to happen with them is to get them funded by concerns that don't want them to fail. Neither are they destructive to the Earth at all. Fossil fuels are. In a BIG way.
Hahaha, how come nobody buys them or builds them without government money.

Forum List

Back