Post Your Super Bowl Menu (and rate others)

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
Ahhh the Super Bowl spread. In my family the game is second only to Christmas and especially this year and last since we are Seahawks fans. Here is our planned spread for the party at our house (BTW I am a chef so I tend to go a bit overboard...but on the plus side I also make everything fresh and from scratch). Actually I cook more for Super Bowl Sunday than Thanksgiving. :lol:

Breakfast: This is a tradition and it's the same every year no matter who is playing. Blueberry muffins and eclairs. It's the only day my family can get me to make eclairs because they are a pain in the ass and I refuse to make them any other day.

Lunch/Dinner: People will start showing up about noon (game starts at 3:30) to a spread of crackers and cheeses (this year I am going with medium cheddar, gouda, red leicester, smoked jarlsberg, stilton, and baked brie), crudite, spinach dip with freshly baked french bread (that I will bake that morning), various chips and sliced sausages, and this year I am going to be different and set up a cheese fondue station using the bread I bake Sunday morning. Yes we will also have nacho cheese Doritos, ruffles and ranch dip...how can you not?

Pre-Game meal for my guests is a grilled beef tenderloin with scalloped potatoes (or what we call "stinky spuds"). But every year I do a different main course theme and this year I am paying respect to Julia Child and using her recipe for boeuf bourguignon (which I personally think is overrated but I had a special request from a friend who will be attending). So at halftime we will be having that with sauteed vegetables over rice pilaf.

Drinks will be ridiculously spiked fruit punch, a pony keg of Newcastle Nut Brown Ale, and for Seahawks fans I have a few bottles of Jordan and for Patriot fans I have assembled some boxed wine. If Seattle wins I have a box of cigars and some nice brandy for our victory dance. If New England wins.....well New England won't win so I am looking forward to my brandy and cigars.

So that's my spread. What is yours and on a 1-10 scale rate mine and I will rate yours and we will all rate each other's.

Your guests will be delighted! What a banquet you are preparing! I hope they appreciate all your hard work! Have fun!

I'm not having any guests over but I am looking forward to the game. I rate your menu off the charts - Definitely a 10. Sounds marvelous.

Your guests will be delighted! What a banquet you are preparing! I hope they appreciate all your hard work! Have fun!

I'm not having any guests over but I am looking forward to the game. I rate your menu off the charts - Definitely a 10. Sounds marvelous.

Thank you. BTW I am putting the Patriots fans boxed wine in the garage. I think that's fair

You are having Patriots fans over? You had better put it in the fridge with some dry hankerchiefs. ( for tears ) The bible says to let those who are depressed drink wine for their sorrow. (paraphrasing ) It's in Proverbs. I looked it up - here it is:

Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress.
- Proverbs 31:6

You are having Patriots fans over? You had better put it in the fridge with some dry hankerchiefs. ( for tears ) The bible says to let those who are depressed drink wine for their sorrow. It's in Proverbs.

Oh hell yeah I am having Patriots fans over. I am looking forward to having a cigar and drinking brandy and when they ask "can I have some" us Hawks fans can say "oooohhhhhhh........no" LOL

Be a gracious host and the LORD will reward you. I have to turn in. Good night and have a wonderful day tomorrow!

A 10 for you :)

Game starts 6:30 for us so it's dinner and all finger food.

Stromboli (pepperoni & broccoli). Chicken tenders (buying) w/ the celery carrots and blue cheese dressing. Rice balls. Pigs in blankets. Sliders on pretzel rolls. A sourdough bread bowl spinach dip, buffalo chicken dip and salsa with chips crackers etc. An antipasto tray and veggie tray.

Beer wine soda and cocktails

We watch the game on two tvs in two rooms so the set up will be various stations to promote "flow"

Not nearly as ambitios as your plans

Stromboli (pepperoni & broccoli). Chicken tenders (buying) w/ the celery carrots and blue cheese dressing. Rice balls. Pigs in blankets. Sliders on pretzel rolls. A sourdough bread bowl spinach dip, buffalo chicken dip and salsa with chips crackers etc. An antipasto tray and veggie tray.

We watch the game on two tvs in two rooms so the set up will be various stations to promote "flow"

Yeah but you get big plusses for stromboli!!!! Out west that's just like a foreign language. Your spread would be a five as typical but tossing in the stromboli ...I have to bust you up to an 8

Yeah but you get big plusses for stromboli!!!! Out west that's just like a foreign language. Your spread would be a five as typical but tossing in the stromboli ...I have to bust you up to an 8
You don't respect the rice ball :lol:

We had nachos with rotel dip. LOL My family are such Philistines.

Forum List

Back