Post your 1970s Sports Events

Did not see the first matchup but I did see the second Super Bowl matchup of the Steelers and cowboys.I was happy the Steelers won because while I did like the cowboys as well I was cheering on the Steelers cause I hated how everybody at school I knew all wanted the cowboys to win.

I did not want to be like everybody else so I cheered on the Steelers,was glad to see them pull it off.that was the only time in my life I liked and respected the cowboys when they had Roger staubuch at quarterback.never could stand them again once he retired.

When I wasn't watching sports, I was playing one of these sports games:

1612876731262.png
1612876774016.png
1612876888163.png
1612876940979.png

And who can forget playing baseball with yourself?
1612877198299.png

If you grew up in the 1970s this thread is for you. Let's keep this clean fans. Just events! No slamming anyone, no slandering, no foul language, just some of the great sports memories from the 1970s!

I'll get the ball rolling with my favorite baseball team and favorite player all time...to this day he is still greatly missed not just by Pittsburghers.

View attachment 454770

View attachment 454769

Amazing human being! Sadly missed...

RobertoClementeGrab.jpg

A memory I won’t forget is the summer when Pete rose was chasing DiMaggio’s record 56 game hitting streak back then it was a major big deal.had this happened now it would be an after thought and just a small piece would be talked about it on espn but man back then it was a major event. I was on a camping trip that summer and I remember you would stop by at a resteraunt and there would be a TV set there and you would hear the news media talk about it.they would even interrupt regular programming to talk about it and you would stop by at a grocery store and here people talking about it,this day and age, it would never be the big deal today it was back then.

If you grew up in the 1970s this thread is for you. Let's keep this clean fans. Just events! No slamming anyone, no slandering, no foul language, just some of the great sports memories from the 1970s!

I'll get the ball rolling with my favorite baseball team and favorite player all time...to this day he is still greatly missed not just by Pittsburghers.

View attachment 454770

View attachment 454769

Amazing human being! Sadly missed...

View attachment 455019

Oh yeah those were the days. :thup:

Something I forgot that was HUGE in the 1970s were the Saturday afternoon sports shows that were great! So many memories from them.

1613568336781.png
1613568370457.png
1613568393851.png

This is extremely touching for me. I grew up in the Bronx about 20 minutes from the Stadium. My Dad, brothers and a neighbor were on our porch listening to the game. After the first inning, we looked at each other and said, "Let's go see this!" We drove, got tickets and were there to support the Yankees and Louisiana Lightning. Fun fun memory of my Dad

This is extremely touching for me. I grew up in the Bronx about 20 minutes from the Stadium. My Dad, brothers and a neighbor were on our porch listening to the game. After the first inning, we looked at each other and said, "Let's go see this!" We drove, got tickets and were there to support the Yankees and Louisiana Lightning. Fun fun memory of my Dad

He was an awesome pitcher! I remember the season he had just 3 losses if memory serves me right.

Forum List

Back