Post your 1970s Sports Events

RobertoClementeatBatNewUni.jpg

PRINCE-BOB.jpg

Contrary to some popular beliefs the Reds won the 75 World series not the Red Sox.
The Reds then swept the Yankees in 76. Joe Morgan was NL player of the year both years. Lineup was Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, Davey Concepcion, Pete Rose, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Ken Griffey. One of the best teams of all time.

My favorite was the Reds sweeping the Yankees in four straight games in New York.

It was like watching men play boys.

LOL.

New York fans were having a fit, as they threw any trash they could out onto the field like the poor sport dirt balls they are.

Hilarious!

Not sure that has been done by any other team in NL history.

Contrary to some popular beliefs the Reds won the 75 World series not the Red Sox.
The Reds then swept the Yankees in 76. Joe Morgan was NL player of the year both years. Lineup was Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, Davey Concepcion, Pete Rose, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Ken Griffey. One of the best teams of all time.

My favorite was the Reds sweeping the Yankees in four straight games in New York.

LOL.

New York fans were having a fit, as they threw any trash they could out onto the field like the poor sport dirt balls they are.

Hilarious!

Didn't the reds sweep the As (Eckersly) in 91

I was shocked.

A reds sweep before the series paid 1000 : 1

LOL.

Hilarious!

I was shocked.

Indeed! They swept 4 straight over the A's.

Not surprising to me because I knew their pitching staff, which is about 98% of winning.

Instead, everyone was focusing on the offensive power of the A's.

Hard to do when you can't hit the ball.

Without a doubt, it was the best starting crew of pitchers and bull pen the Reds have every had, dating back to the 1800's.

You beat me to it. :thup: The Reds were my second favorite team after the Royals.Man I loved the big red machine.that was bittersweet for me when they beat the Yankees in the series sweeping them no less and as I remember,only one of the games was even close:thup::banana: I loved it so much cause I was broken hearted when the yanks beat my Royals cause I was so much looking forward to the thrill of seeing my two favorite players Pete rose and George Brett play in the samegame against each other.:( So the Reads beating them in four straight kinda took the sting out of it and made me feel better a few weeks down the Road.I could have kissed every player on the Reds team back then for doing me thst HUGE favor.

LOL.

Hilarious!

I was shocked.

Not surprising to me because I knew their pitching staff, which is about 98% of winning.

Without a doubt, it was the best starting crew of pitchers and bull pen the Reds have every had, dating back to the 1800's.

Indeed,that was WHY the Reds did not win more World Series championships than they did because they did not have the talent on the pitching staff,the offense had to carry them all the time,can you imagine how great they would have been had they had just ONE great pitcher on the team like a Nolan Ryan or catfish hunter? They would have won Multiple World Series year after year.

LOL.

Hilarious!

I was shocked.

Just sneak a peak at the trash on the field at the end of game 4.

Funny stuff.

Without watching the whole video where at the mark is it where the trash talking is?

The A's were heavy favorites in that World Series. Jose blame it on Rijo was the MVP. He won game 1 and 4.

KUDOS to everyone that has posted a memory! The response has been amazing with some really great events from that era. Keep ‘em coming!

If you grew up in the 1970s this thread is for you. Let's keep this clean fans. Just events! No slamming anyone, no slandering, no foul language, just some of the great sports memories from the 1970s!

I'll get the ball rolling with my favorite baseball team and favorite player all time...to this day he is still greatly missed not just by Pittsburghers.

View attachment 454770

View attachment 454769

Amazing human being! Sadly missed...

“Big Red Machone”

what a great team. Powerful.

Forum List

Back