Post virus/pandemic TV shows and movies.

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
A lot of us are spending more time at home these strange days, so what better way to pass the time than by watching creepy shows about communicable diseases?

Since I'm the OP, I'll start by posting this one. "The Stand", based on a novel by Stephen King. Since all of the libraries are fucking closed due to the viral pandemic, you are going to have to settle for the 4-part miniseries that first aired in 1994.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
flu_buddy_ad_by_roperseid_d5r48as-fullview.jpg

I've been watching replays of old sporting events on Sportsnet. It's what they have been filling their schedule with minus any live events. Tonight was game 6 of the '93 World Series where Carter hit the walk off HR. Also, I'm sure they showed the '92 win against the Braves last week. One of the games in the series anyways. Also, the Alomar HR against Eckersley that year, which really was the turning point in the franchise to finally beat the mighty A's.

We've had some good old hockey games too, but none in which the Leafs won the Cup of course. Definitely a reminder to how violence and physical the sport was in the 1990's and early 2000's though.

It's sad, to just relive old sporting events, but Netflix has been hit and miss for me thus far.

I've been watching replays of old sporting events on Sportsnet. It's what they have been filling their schedule with minus any live events. Tonight was game 6 of the '93 World Series where Carter hit the walk off HR. Also, I'm sure they showed the '92 win against the Braves last week. One of the games in the series anyways. Also, the Alomar HR against Eckersley that year, which really was the turning point in the franchise to finally beat the mighty A's.

We've had some good old hockey games too, but none in which the Leafs won the Cup of course. Definitely a reminder to how violence and physical the sport was in the 1990's and early 2000's though.

It's sad, to just relive old sporting events, but Netflix has been hit and miss for me thus far.
What does that have to do with a pandemic or virus? :dunno:

Could you elaborate?

What does that have to do with a pandemic or virus? :dunno:

The Blue Jays were a pandemic for the Phillies and Brave fans I guess.

Sorry, I'm tired, I quickly read the headline and the movie descriptions.

The last movie I saw that was somewhat related to this type was probably World War Z. Not even sure if it's offered on Netflix still, this was years ago.

Here's another classic.

The Last Man On Earth, starring Vincent Price.

In this 1954 movie, a pandemic causes everyone on Earth to become the living dead, except for our protagonist.

Here's another good one.

Contagion

(you have to click on the functions 3 times to make them work) ie 1st click on the play button gets you a pop up in a new tab, close that, 2nd click on play button gets you another pop up in a new tab, close that, 3rd click on play button usually plays the movie. Be persistent.

There are a lot of empty and near empty places that can be recorded or filmed before the restart occurs. All for potential catastrophe movies.

MY FAVORITE was a 10 episode British one called
Survivors (2008 TV series)
You'll thank me for this gem of a find.

I got a new one, ironically this was one I had left to finish watching many months ago and it wasn't until today that I pick up watching to notice it's eerie similarities to today's pandemic including it being about a respiratory virus from China brought over by a mule carrier.
It's a series called 'Dead Zone' about a man who can see visions of future events ;)
Dead Zone series
Season 2 Episode 14. "the Plague"
Of all the episodes left hanging that had to be the one-figures!

Forum List

Back