Post Christian ethics

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

An alarming number of secular citizens are gravitating towards supporting elective euthanasia for the mentally ill and poor.

Understandable really since morality 50 shades of Marxist gray for many secular humanists.

How many here support it as well?

An alarming number of secular citizens are gravitating towards supporting elective euthanasia for the mentally ill and poor.

Understandable really since morality 50 shades of Marxist gray for many secular humanists.

Hopefully these secular citizens will find the one true God.

It is something I disagree with because the mental state of the person seeking to have assisted death may not be a rational state of mind due to a lot of factors. I also disagree with the statement it is individualism coming to its ultimate conclusion. One can still have compassion and understanding for one's fellow man. Self-preservation is a natural state of mind so ''wanting to die'' is not a''' rational state''.

It is something I disagree with because the mental state of the person seeking to have assisted death may not be a rational state of mind due to a lot of factors. I also disagree with the statement it is individualism coming to its ultimate conclusion. One can still have compassion and understanding for one's fellow man. Self-preservation is a natural state of mind so ''wanting to die'' is not a''' rational state''.

Having struggled in the past with depression, which is now completely cured, I thank God this option was not offered to me at certain times of my life.

If someone wants to kill themselves, let them do it. Its none of anyones business.
It used to be that people who wanted to kill themselves would be rescued by others who helped them out of their darkness, but today they are telling them to embrace it.

In fact, we see the state foster a self genocide of society, as they foster policies such as abortion, gender confusion, black on black violence, etc.

The genocide is merely expanding.

If someone wants to kill themselves, let them do it. Its none of anyones business.

That's the kind of attitude that causes a lot of problems down the road. The "it doesn't bother me let them do what they want".

True it doesn't effect you, but it will over time in directly. It's letting a godless society run rampant and gradually it will get worse and worse.

Just like the trannies and kid sex shit going on right now is because back when it started out people "it doesn't effect me. Let trannies do what they want". Well this is what happens when you let hedonistic godless people do what they want.

All of a societies problems always start very small. Almost unnoticeable but they grow if you don't stop them when you see them.

Elective euthanasia for the mentally ill quickly becomes the person being too mentally ill to make that decision so it must be made for them. For their own good of course. Same with the poor. If the poor person were rational, they would choose death rather than poverty. A rational government must make that decision for them.

Hopefully these secular citizens will find the one true God.

odin-wanderer-from-poetic-edda.jpg

Elective euthanasia for the mentally ill quickly becomes the person being too mentally ill to make that decision so it must be made for them. For their own good of course. Same with the poor. If the poor person were rational, they would choose death rather than poverty. A rational government must make that decision for them.
That is where we are headed, the government making these decisions for us.

They would love that.

That is where we are headed, the government making these decisions for us.

They would love that.

And we are too busy fighting each other over beer cans and mermaids to stop it from happening.

Only solution is to find a new place with less stupid regulations and government intrusion

I actually support helping the people. Let’s take a favorite of the Right. The Opioid Crisis. Since there is a problem with illegal opioids they restrict access to legal opioids. It becomes harder for the patients with chronic pain to get help. It makes it harder for them to be treated for their never ending agony. That agony is torture.

Think for a moment. How are people tortured? You hurt them. You do things to hurt them so they will break and give information. So they will break and do anything to end the pain. Anything.

Yet we in the interest of helping people force them to be in agonizing pain. We force them to endure torture. Risk of suicide in pain patients is extraordinarily high. But we already know that don’t we? We supported enhanced interrogation or torture because we believed it would work.

If your doctor prescribed pain meds then he will get a letter from the FDA and DEA letting him know you are getting too much. How do they know? Have they seen you? Doctors are persecuted and prosecuted for helping patients. Doctors are shut down for helping people. And patients are left swinging in the wind without any help.

Eventually they have to stop the pain. They take their own lives in desperation. They are suffering torture every minute, every second of the day. There is no relief. No help. Nobody can help.

It’s always curious to me. How so many who aren’t in the situation are so certain how those in the situation really feel. Men who have never been pregnant act like it is no big deal. People who are not in agonizing pain every day say the person should seek other options. Opioids are bad and you can overdose.

The good people pushing those in agony towards suicide do it with good intentions. With an arrogant belief that they know what is best. Now when assisted suicide is discussed it is outrageous. We should help the person beyond that desire.

Make the people suffer. That is what is best for them. Let them suffer like the Bible says. Job. Tortured for the amusement of Satan and God. That is what God really desires.

They already do that with abortion today, their excuse is how miserable a child's life will be when being born to a mother that doesn't want them or is incapable of financially supporting them, their reasoning is that the child is better off dead. Wouldn't take much to extrapolate that to other scenarios as well.

Just to make sure we're on the same page......the farther we go into the US past, the more Christian values played a role in society, yes?

Forum List

Back