Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
How is that? They reviewed the use of force and found one incident violated that. The city reacted by charging the cop with a misdemeanor. A charge that can only be described as minor. Simple assault.

I’m betting hundreds were struck. I’m betting over the entire time of the riots that literally tens of thousands were struck. And no charges on any of those. Just one cop. Just one incident. Just one misdemeanor charge.

Oh that is intolerable says the riot squad who quit from the outrage. I would give you all on the hypocritical Right the credit of avoiding the asinine argument that this proves the cops are held accountable and it is only a few bad apples.

Did you even read the OP? The police confronted the lowlifes because they broke windows, started a building and dumpster on fire. Police pushed them back so the fire department could do their job. When the lowlifes decided enough was not enough, they reformed and violently confronted the officers marching towards the burning building once again; one of those scums was this Jacobs bitch.

Officer Budworth and other officers used a baton push that they were trained to use to push back the lowlifes. When he pushed this pig, she went to the ground, she decided to get up to confront him again. So once again he used his baton to push her to the ground, and his hand slipped off that the baton hit her head.

This is a perfect example of why I promote the separating of our country into two countries instead: one side of the country for the commies, and the other side for us real Americans. Because every time these lowlifes get out of hand, you disciples of Satan always stick up for evil against good. It's your God's command to do so.

In a separated country, if we had a pig like this continue to confront our officers, she wouldn't have gotten an accidental hit to her head, the officer would have struck her from head to belt until the bitch stayed down. But of course in our country, that's why these things would never happen. A strong enough deterrent works against crime every time it's tried, and the rest of the officers who quit had good reasons to quit.

Yeah. Your country would have what companies in it? All the tech companies would be on our side. You would have the defense companies. No wait. They are in Blue States too. All of your cars would be imports. Schools and Universities would teach creationism and no sex Ed.

I can tell you are triggered and can't understand the concept of cops being held responsible for their actions that are wrong...You like the state to have lawless enforcers.

That's not what this is about. This is about the city restricting the officers from doing their job.

How is that? They reviewed the use of force and found one incident violated that. The city reacted by charging the cop with a misdemeanor. A charge that can only be described as minor. Simple assault.

I’m betting hundreds were struck. I’m betting over the entire time of the riots that literally tens of thousands were struck. And no charges on any of those. Just one cop. Just one incident. Just one misdemeanor charge.

Oh that is intolerable says the riot squad who quit from the outrage. I would give you all on the hypocritical Right the credit of avoiding the asinine argument that this proves the cops are held accountable and it is only a few bad apples.

We know that isn’t true. The Riot Squad proved that by resigning. Under no circumstances will they tolerate being held accountable. Not even with a misdemeanor charge. I guess they don’t have the faith in the justice system that we are told we should have when facing corrupt or lying cops.
In the current anti police environment, can you really.blame them?

Blame them? I’ve said it in this thread at least twice. Good riddance to bad rubbish. They aren’t valiant heroes. They aren’t dedicated defenders of the public. They are thugs. And I am thankful for them for showing the public that the cops are nothing but corrupt thugs who refuse to be held accountable for their actions.
So you think we should eliminate police?

Gotta love it

It is so sad that myself and 12 fellow patriots approve of this bullshit

We approve because we'd never want a loved one to suffer the horrors of you utter scum bag ITDS suffers (Infantile)

So, what are you going to do to reduce the murder rate then?

The worst murder rate in the first world, by about 4 or 5 times.

And yet any time anyone brings up sensible suggestions you knock them down.

"First world" is an arbitrary designation.

America's murder rate is actually in the middle of the pack.

Considering the Fact that so many of America's murders are committed in those areas dominated by immigrants from countrieswith high murder rates, it isn't a surprising fact. Maybe a wall to prevent these murder-hungry folks from coming across so easily- so we can vet who comes here?

In the middle of the pack if we include lots of poor countries.

Let's be arbitrary, I'm going to say Portugal and up is first world. Seems to be the lowest country on the list I might consider first world, though barely.

Portugal 0.79 murder rate
Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Bahamas 30.9 (problem here is that the Bahamas isn't really first world, it's got a high GDP per capita, but that's because there are some very rich people dodging taxes)
Spain .62

I could go on, all the countries Portugal and above that have a high GDP per capita and have a lower level of income inequality (ie, poorer people have a relatively decent standard of living) will have much lower murder rate that the US which has 4.96.

The US is 94th in the world for murder (1st being the lowest murder rate)

The countries immediately below the US (slightly lower murder) are Kenya, Angola, Micronesia, Lithuania, Niger, Chile, North Korea, Latvia, Somalia, Turkmenistan.

Above it's Cuba, Kazakhstan, Sudan, Zambia, Greenland, Argentina, American Samoa, Suriname

Hardly countries that are used to be close to the US on such lists, wouldn't you say?

And then come the excuses. I'm sure plenty of European first world countries could fiddle with their statistics and say that those immigrants, those minorities, taken out would reduce their crime and murder rates further.

The point is the US has violent areas. Why?

Lots of reasons why, but the main one would be SELFISHNESS of the people and politicians.
First those countries are the size of one of our states so comparing that way is iffy.

When it comes to any American statistics I want to see 2 numbers

1- The overall number
2- The number less the blacks

If you took the Blacks out of US crime stats, we would be higher than the highest of any one of those

Same with educational stats. If you take the black equation out, We would be way way higher than the pathetic state we're in

Same with VD

Same with bastard making sport fucking

This is not racist, it is realist

No, comparing size is not "iffy" at all. You've literally said the problems in the US are in isolated areas. Now you're saying small countries are "iffy".

Oh, if you took blacks out of the statistics, as if black people don't live in the US and aren't being kept in ghettos made by white politicians. The problem here is that you want to try and pretend part of society doesn't exist. It does, and they're part of the statistics for a reason.

The reality is without black people, the rich people would find others to take their place. Someone else to blame, someone else to claim why things shouldn't be changed. That's the reality, it's a mentality thing.

Gotta love it

We approve because we'd never want a loved one to suffer the horrors of you utter scum bag ITDS suffers (Infantile)

Considering the Fact that so many of America's murders are committed in those areas dominated by immigrants from countrieswith high murder rates, it isn't a surprising fact. Maybe a wall to prevent these murder-hungry folks from coming across so easily- so we can vet who comes here?

Let's be arbitrary, I'm going to say Portugal and up is first world. Seems to be the lowest country on the list I might consider first world, though barely.

Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Bahamas 30.9 (problem here is that the Bahamas isn't really first world, it's got a high GDP per capita, but that's because there are some very rich people dodging taxes)
Spain .62

I could go on, all the countries Portugal and above that have a high GDP per capita and have a lower level of income inequality (ie, poorer people have a relatively decent standard of living) will have much lower murder rate that the US which has 4.96.

The countries immediately below the US (slightly lower murder) are Kenya, Angola, Micronesia, Lithuania, Niger, Chile, North Korea, Latvia, Somalia, Turkmenistan.

Above it's Cuba, Kazakhstan, Sudan, Zambia, Greenland, Argentina, American Samoa, Suriname

Hardly countries that are used to be close to the US on such lists, wouldn't you say?

And then come the excuses. I'm sure plenty of European first world countries could fiddle with their statistics and say that those immigrants, those minorities, taken out would reduce their crime and murder rates further.

Lots of reasons why, but the main one would be SELFISHNESS of the people and politicians.

I don't see it.

America is one of the least selfish nations on the Face of the Earth. We give more money to charity that almost anyone. When people are needed to sponsor little starving Ethiopian children, Sally Struthers appeals to Americans, not Eurotrash.

How many countries have you been to and lived in?

The US is a massively selfish country. The US gives more money to charity because the government doesn't. Giving money is often a feel good thing for rich people. They can tell their rich buddies how much they've given. Often it's given for RELIGIOUS reasons. Buying their way into heaven.

I went to the Lusaka fair in Zambia with a dairy farmer from Australia looking to help better dairy yields in that country. He went around talking to these guys with lots of money to hand out to people who want to do something.

Problem was, you could tell there was loads of corruption. These guys with the money weren't that interested in talking, they would take their massive cut, they money would probably go to friends or farmers who'd run off with it.

Essentially lots of charity money that'd not do anything for Zambia, other that encourage corruption.

But at least a bunch of rich people will feel good about themselves.

I can tell you are triggered and can't understand the concept of cops being held responsible for their actions that are wrong...You like the state to have lawless enforcers.

That's not what this is about. This is about the city restricting the officers from doing their job.

We know that isn’t true. The Riot Squad proved that by resigning. Under no circumstances will they tolerate being held accountable. Not even with a misdemeanor charge. I guess they don’t have the faith in the justice system that we are told we should have when facing corrupt or lying cops.
In the current anti police environment, can you really.blame them?

Blame them? I’ve said it in this thread at least twice. Good riddance to bad rubbish. They aren’t valiant heroes. They aren’t dedicated defenders of the public. They are thugs. And I am thankful for them for showing the public that the cops are nothing but corrupt thugs who refuse to be held accountable for their actions.
So you think we should eliminate police?

No. I’ve never said that. What I think now, is what I’ve thought for years. We need real reform with an emphasis on holding misconduct accountable instead of downplaying it.

Do you realize we wouldn’t be discussing the cops in Portland if Chauvin had been held accountable for just one of the dozen complaints that were filed about him?

Think about that for a minute. Over his career he had many complaints. A dozen. And several of them were sustained. In other words he did it. Instead of fixing the problem they just kept patting him on the back, reinforcing the bad behavior. Until one day he went too far.

One of the reasons the Portland Police are pissed is the Legislature passed laws requiring the cops to do what they should have been doing for years. Now if you see misconduct and don’t report it you are committing a crime.

Do you know how elite units are formed in the military? Often they are created out of thin air. The officers and men are told they are elite. And they are given higher standards and told to meet those standards. In World War II the 6th Rangers started as a field artillery unit. Seriously.

The Army took away their mules and canon and the Elite Rangers were formed.

This unit pulled off the Cabanatuan Raid which rescued hundreds of POW’s. One day they were a normal unit. The next they were elite.

Holding troops to this higher standard is the first part. And when we don’t do that. We let some things slide by, we ignore some misconduct. We lose the elite mindset. And we lose the ability to do the hard things. And if you don’t uphold the bare minimum standard. You have a unit filled with trash.

Police must be held to that higher standard. We give them power over our fellow citizens. We give them authority by our collective will of the people. They must be held to that higher standard.

The police tell us they are. But when someone goes and looks this higher standard is nowhere to be found. Any standards are hard to locate.

We are told that the streets are so dangerous the cops can’t actually do what the laws and constitution says they are supposed to. That means every other story about these fine dedicated public servants is merely smoke snd mirrors. They are thugs in badges without that accountability.

And why would I cry if some thugs quit their thuggery?

If they are unable to act within the law they should resign. Good on them.
I’m not familiar with the case. Tell us what the cop did.
Or is every prosecution only against guilty people?
Be careful how you answer that, because it may not fit your narrative nor reality.

I have no idea. He is being prosecuted for assault. The force resigned over that. If they do not support the process, like I said, resign, it's the thing to do.

The men responsible for maintaining law and order, in the face of violent mobs, seem to think that they cannot do that, ie maintain law and order, under the current system.

View attachment 502776

Then it's time for them to resign. Problem solved.

Works for me.

I just don't want any pussy walking it back. No cops for the upcoming riots. NO calling in help from the state cops, no calling up the national guard.

He said he wouldn't charge people with no evidence. It happens at every protest and it needs to stop.

He said he wouldn't prosecute people charged with the crimes of "second degree disorderly conduct, interfering with police operations, or rioting."

You cannot in any way mysteriously change that into meaning he wants evidence.
You cannot mangle that into meaning he is in least bit interested in ensuring someone acts within the confines of the law.

Stop making up excuses ... They are not a rebuttal, and never will be.

I did my share of protesting back over Vietnam, civil rights, etc., and we were always charged with things like disorderly conduct, interfering with police operations, rioting, etc., and the charges were bogus and almost always had to be dropped.
Think about it.
There is never anything illegal about disorderly conduct.
Government can not require conduct to be orderly, especially when it is a protest over far greater crimes by society in general, that you want to change.
And since "police operations" can and often is totally illegal, such as preventing a legal political demonstration, you DO have a right to interfere with police operations if they are illegal.
Rioting can be anything, but unless you are harming the individual rights of another person, the police have no authority to interfere at all.

I did my share of protesting back over Vietnam, civil rights, etc., and we were always charged with things like disorderly conduct, interfering with police operations, rioting, etc., and the charges were bogus and almost always had to be dropped.
Think about it.
There is never anything illegal about disorderly conduct.
Government can not require conduct to be orderly, especially when it is a protest over far greater crimes by society in general, that you want to change.
And since "police operations" can and often is totally illegal, such as preventing a legal political demonstration, you DO have a right to interfere with police operations if they are illegal.
Rioting can be anything, but unless you are harming the individual rights of another person, the police have no authority to interfere at all.

If there is a law against it ... It is illegal.
The degree to which it is enforced, or to which it may apply is what the judicial system is for.

If you think law enforcement's job, or legal authority, is restricted to waiting for you to kill someone or burn something down ... You are incorrect.

Even if you were correct ... There would be no need for a Rapid Response Team.
Two Detectives and Social Workers could just come by the following Monday and fill out any necessary paperwork.

There is no need to make excuses.

No one said you could, but Portland's District Attorney isn't prosecuting a lot of the people arrested, while they were committing the crime they are accused of.

Furthermore he went as far as telling the public he wasn't going to prosecute any crime that was related to failing to comply with the police.
That is the exact opposite of prosecuting someone without evidence, and granting permission to break the law regardless of evidence,
and prior to a crime ever being committed.

He is not a Legislator and cannot write new law.
His job is to prosecute the law and not aid and abed the lawbreakers.

Hopefully the democrat Brownshirts burn down his home and kill him.

No one said you could, but Portland's District Attorney isn't prosecuting a lot of the people arrested, while they were committing the crime they are accused of.

Furthermore he went as far as telling the public he wasn't going to prosecute any crime that was related to failing to comply with the police.
That is the exact opposite of prosecuting someone without evidence, and granting permission to break the law regardless of evidence,
and prior to a crime ever being committed.

He is not a Legislator and cannot write new law.
His job is to prosecute the law and not aid and abed the lawbreakers.

I had Shell deliver a tanker to his address. I sure hope it’s not used to burn his house down.

Well, in any case, no one can try to stop them if they try to.

They have to wait until after his house is burned to the ground and his ass is swinging in a tree in the front yard,
before the cops can do anything about it, according to the laws he wants to enforce.

He said he wouldn't charge people with no evidence. It happens at every protest and it needs to stop.

He said he wouldn't prosecute people charged with the crimes of "second degree disorderly conduct, interfering with police operations, or rioting."

You cannot in any way mysteriously change that into meaning he wants evidence.
You cannot mangle that into meaning he is in least bit interested in ensuring someone acts within the confines of the law.

Stop making up excuses ... They are not a rebuttal, and never will be.

If the police don't want to be ruled by the law there is no reason to expect the people to.

If the police don't want to be ruled by the law there is no reason to expect the people to.

My comments aren't about the police not wanting to be ruled by the law ...
They are about the District Attorney refusing to enforce the law.

You cannot change that into something it isn't.
There is no need to pretend a failure to enforce the law, is somehow the proper execution of the law.

Stop making excuses.

My comments aren't about the police not wanting to be ruled by the law ...
They are about the District Attorney refusing to enforce the law.

You cannot change that into something it isn't.
There is no need to pretend a failure to enforce the law, is somehow the proper execution of the law.

Stop making excuses.

Until all are treated equal I hope everyone gets released.

Yeah, whatever ... Not enforcing the laws at all, is the easiest way to treat everyone equally.
I can see why that appeals to you, but it kind of makes any comment you have regarding being treated equally under the law irrelevant ... :thup:

Yeah, whatever ... Not enforcing the laws at all, is the easiest way to treat everyone equally.
I can see why that appeals to you, but it kind of makes any comment you have regarding being treated equally under the law irrelevant ... :thup:

All are under the law or yeah, I support no one being. I can't understand why anyone would support exempting some from the law.

Gotta love it

Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Spain .62

First those countries are the size of one of our states so comparing that way is iffy.

When it comes to any American statistics I want to see 2 numbers

1- The overall number
2- The number less the blacks

If you took the Blacks out of US crime stats, we would be higher than the highest of any one of those

Same with educational stats. If you take the black equation out, We would be way way higher than the pathetic state we're in

Same with VD

Same with bastard making sport fucking

This is not racist, it is realist

No, comparing size is not "iffy" at all. You've literally said the problems in the US are in isolated areas. Now you're saying small countries are "iffy".

Oh, if you took blacks out of the statistics, as if black people don't live in the US and aren't being kept in ghettos made by white politicians. The problem here is that you want to try and pretend part of society doesn't exist. It does, and they're part of the statistics for a reason.

The reality is without black people, the rich people would find others to take their place. Someone else to blame, someone else to claim why things shouldn't be changed. That's the reality, it's a mentality thing.
Well when people compare Poland to us. What is the population of Poland. The size. I pay no heed

I know they are a part of the country but the most abysmal of all in stats.

You see I never really cared. My thought processes has caused me to never have a boss, to call every shot in my life, a very early retirement and a long happy marriage.

Have your thought processes yielded you these things. Would you change your thought processes to achieve that........Life is the simplest thing I ever saw in life, if you now how to do it

Forum List

Back