Portland man accused of killing 2 during hate-filled rant guilty of 1st-degree murder

The media concentrates on the nut case's anti Islam rants but he killed a middle aged white guy and stabbed another white guy. Thank you liberals that the death penalty is unlikely to be administered. Y'all Oregonians are going to have to listen to this guy's crazy rants for about the next fifty years if they give him that much time.

My deepest sympathies to the families of the two victims.

The suspect is obviously mentally ill. I assume that his lawyer may use that defense.

The bottom line: Should one intervene when one sees bullying going on?

Well, if I am being bullied, I would certainly appreciate any help that I can get from good people.

But I am personally too cowardly to intervene when I see bullying. (Although I might find enough courage to call the cops!)

You really need to read the article or at least the title of the thread.

He was found guilty.

He already had his chance to plead mental illness. I don't know if his lawyer did. The article didn't say one way or the other.

He was found guilty on all counts by a jury of his peers.

Appeals don't usually allow new evidence or a new defense.

After very recently watching a documentary that showed the events of 9/11 as they unfolded, complete with footage of jumpers and dead bodies being carted off from the WTC, I can say honestly I don't give a rats fucking ass about any fucking muslim for the rest of my life and the more dead ragheads we have, the happier I will be.

REMEMBER 9/11 AND WHAT RELIGION WAS BEHIND IT.

maxresdefault-1024x575.jpg

This seems to do little to salve the wound he has inflicted

Jeremy Christian shouted hate speech that included anti-Muslim comments on a Portland light-trail train in 2017 before the stabbings.
200221-jeremy-christian-ac-749p_43d082dbca07f3a88f8dec4e4b06f634.fit-760w.jpg

Jeremy Christian, 37, attends jury selection for his trial in Portland, Oregon, on Jan. 27.John Rudoff / AFP - Getty Images file
Feb. 21, 2020, 5:01 PM PST
By Alicia Victoria Lozano
The man accused of fatally stabbing two people and injuring a third during a hate-filled rant aboard a Portland, Oregon, train in 2017 was found guilty Friday on all 12 charges, including two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of second-degree intimidation.

Jurors also found Jeremy Christian, 37, guilty of assault, unlawful use of a weapon and menacing passengers. He will be sentenced during a separate hearing.

Authorities said Christian shouted hate speech that included anti-Muslim comments on a light-rail train. Some of the rants were directed at two teenage girls, one of whom was wearing a head scarf. In Oregon, second-degree intimidation includes hate speech.

During his tirade, Christian also spoke of beheadings and shouted "Go home, we need America here!," the Oregonian reported.

The girls moved to the back of the train to get away from Christian, and three people tried to intervene. Two of them, Rick Best, 53, an Army veteran and father of four, and Taliesin Myrddin Namkai Meche, 23, were stabbed and killed. A third victim, Micah Fletcher, who was 21 at the time, narrowly escaped death.

Authorities said in court documents that Fletcher’s stab wound missed being a fatal injury by mere millimeters.

During a court appearances in 2017, Christian repeatedly yelled that he was not guilty and had only been defending himself against "violent aggression" by Fletcher. In a separate hearing, he also shouted "free speech or die" and "death to the enemies of America."

Speaking in court earlier this week, Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Jeff Howes said Christian's self-defense claim made no sense.

"A reasonable person wouldn’t have killed two people instantly," Howes said, according to KGW, an NBC affiliate in Portland, Oregon. "There's no rationalization to lead someone to believe [what Christian did] is an appropriate response."

Christian's family said in a 2017 statement that they could not "begin to understand this senseless act" and denounced racism.

"The Christian Family offer their heartfelt condolences to those men who lost their lives at the hands of their son on May 26, 2017," the statement said.
Did the mods create special exemption for you to cut and paste entire articles?

This practice is something the rest of us are not permitted to do.
.smells like black privilege to me
Why does it have to be because I'm black? Why can't it be because I'm nice?

After very recently watching a documentary that showed the events of 9/11 as they unfolded, complete with footage of jumpers and dead bodies being carted off from the WTC, I can say honestly I don't give a rats fucking ass about any fucking muslim for the rest of my life and the more dead ragheads we have, the happier I will be.

What are your thoughts on why WTC7 collapsed?

Jeremy Christian shouted hate speech that included anti-Muslim comments on a Portland light-trail train in 2017 before the stabbings.

Jeremy Christian, 37, attends jury selection for his trial in Portland, Oregon, on Jan. 27.John Rudoff / AFP - Getty Images file
The man accused of fatally stabbing two people and injuring a third during a hate-filled rant aboard a Portland, Oregon, train in 2017 was found guilty Friday on all 12 charges, including two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of second-degree intimidation.

Jurors also found Jeremy Christian, 37, guilty of assault, unlawful use of a weapon and menacing passengers. He will be sentenced during a separate hearing.

Authorities said Christian shouted hate speech that included anti-Muslim comments on a light-rail train. Some of the rants were directed at two teenage girls, one of whom was wearing a head scarf. In Oregon, second-degree intimidation includes hate speech.

During his tirade, Christian also spoke of beheadings and shouted "Go home, we need America here!," the Oregonian reported.

The girls moved to the back of the train to get away from Christian, and three people tried to intervene. Two of them, Rick Best, 53, an Army veteran and father of four, and Taliesin Myrddin Namkai Meche, 23, were stabbed and killed. A third victim, Micah Fletcher, who was 21 at the time, narrowly escaped death.

Authorities said in court documents that Fletcher’s stab wound missed being a fatal injury by mere millimeters.

During a court appearances in 2017, Christian repeatedly yelled that he was not guilty and had only been defending himself against "violent aggression" by Fletcher. In a separate hearing, he also shouted "free speech or die" and "death to the enemies of America."

Speaking in court earlier this week, Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Jeff Howes said Christian's self-defense claim made no sense.

"A reasonable person wouldn’t have killed two people instantly," Howes said, according to KGW, an NBC affiliate in Portland, Oregon. "There's no rationalization to lead someone to believe [what Christian did] is an appropriate response."

Christian's family said in a 2017 statement that they could not "begin to understand this senseless act" and denounced racism.

"The Christian Family offer their heartfelt condolences to those men who lost their lives at the hands of their son on May 26, 2017," the statement said.

So you understand that it is not permitted to copy and paste full articles, but you do it anyway and are fine with that?

I may try it on my next thread and see how long my thread stands without getting clipped

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Last edited:

Just curious did you feel the same way after the Oklahoma city bombing?

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

What religion was behind that bombing?

So you understand that it is not permitted to copy and paste full articles, but you do it anyway and are fine with that?

I may try it on my next thread and see how long my thread stands without getting clipped

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
No, I've just noticed that you've mentioned twice in the last week that I've done so. I'll try to remember not to do so in the future, it's not intentional.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

Did you?

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

Don't know, don't care hes dead.

If all Muslims were dead I'd be equally as happy.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I know it is that's why we're at war with them. They attacked us, we didn't attack them. Fuck ragheads.

You want to sit there and defend mother fuckers that killed 3000 Americans on 9/11 you can stand in that fucking boat alone mother fucker.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

So no you didn't, the 9'11 culprits are dead as well.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

To compare one whackjob with a Uhaul truck to 19 FUCKING RAGHEADS hijacking airplanes and slamming them into buildings killing 3000 Americans shows you fucking stupid you are and how far you have to reach to try to justify your stupid fucking point. There was no religion behind OKC. That was one whack job. 9.11 was a highly coordinated attack by 19 MUSLIMS.

Like I said, you want to defend fucking Muslims then fuck you you fucking raghead loving muslim loving fuckhead.

Change your name to "SUPERSTUPIDFUCKA"

Last edited:

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

None. That was an anti-fed extremist.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

To compare one whackjob with a Uhaul truck to 19 FUCKING RAGHEADS hijacking airplanes and slamming them into buildings killing 3000 Americans shows you fucking stupid you are and how far you have to reach to try to justify your stupid fucking point. There was no religion behind OKC. That was one whack job. 9.11 was a highly coordinated attack by 19 MUSLIMS.

You dumb fuck it's always some WHACK job when the terrorist is a fucking American, tell that to the families of the dead who were left behind I am pretty sure they would disagree with your dumb ass analogy.

Like I said, you want to defend fucking Muslims then fuck you you fucking raghead loving muslim loving fuckhead.

Change your name to "SUPERSTUPIDFUCKA"

Unlike your stupid ass I want whoever kills innocent folks brought to the Bar of Justice. You need to change your name to Dumb ass Mechanic.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

None. That was an anti-fed extremist.

It never is when the perp is white.

oklahoma19n-5-web.jpg

Atheism. He called himself an Atheist

But his motive wasn't religion. It was retribution for Reno and Clinton murdering 86 of the Branch Davidians. They burned these people alive!

Forum List

Back