Portillos

Man oh man...good food.
Just dropped into Chicago...food was great.

Wish we had one of these down south.

Unique restaurants are the best. I am not a fan of chains.
Best Chicago dogs! We don't have them in my area. I order 10 dogs at a time online. They get to you in two days if you order on the right days and they are still frozen. Shipped with directions on how to make them. MMM MMMM.

Man oh man...good food.

Portillos is a Chicagoan's favorite. Unlike In-N-Out Burger, Portillo's lives up to the hype. My only regret is it is starting to go nationwide. I know it is in AZ, LA. Dallas, IN, FL, IN, IA, MI, MN, and WI. Wish it would stay a Chicagoland staple.

In-N-Out is sssssooo overrated… fries suck and the burgers are ordinary and nothing special. I prefer Burger King!
Nothing wrong with a Whopper.
Good Burger too.

Favorite Burger from McDonalds........Big Mac > 1/4 Pounder.

I still prefer a local drive in burger over anything from MD's.

Double-Double. Yum.
Wendy's has good Fries.

Man oh man...good food.

I think that's a new place. The last time I was in Chicago I got a Chile dog and some fries there. And the last time I was in the Detroit area the was a Portillos there too. Their Chili dogs remind me of the Rudy's Chili dogs that I can get here in Toledo.

GettyImages-115124867.jpg

Portillos is a Chicagoan's favorite. Unlike In-N-Out Burger, Portillo's lives up to the hype. My only regret is it is starting to go nationwide. I know it is in AZ, LA. Dallas, IN, FL, IN, IA, MI, MN, and WI. Wish it would stay a Chicagoland staple.
Fries were better than expected...that spicy stuff they put on them was good.
I didn't know that it had been expanding.

I seen a line almost a half mile long for the drive through...it was at least 10-20 cars deep. But when I went inside it was a ghost town. Are people that nuts?
Waiting 30min just to place an order...
Whatever. I'm OK with that cuz I went straight in placed an order and was eating before some in that drive through were placing their order. When I left it was even worse.
Not my town but Whatever.

Chains schmains...I much prefer the independent businesses.

and as far as burgers go Whataburger has the catsup...and shakes. Otherwise it's ordinary.

But...can we put what whataburgers catsup on a Hardee's burger? Might have something there.

I think that's a new place. The last time I was in Chicago I got a Chile dog and some fries there. And the last time I was in the Detroit area the was a Portillos there too. Their Chili dogs remind me of the Rudy's Chili dogs that I can get here in Toledo.

GettyImages-115124867.jpg
Portillos is not so much for the hot dogs as their sign would suggest...but they got the Italian sausage and beef. That's where they shine.

Forum List

Back