Popularity Of Virginia 'Don't Tread On Me' License Plates Suggest Tea Party Is Strong

A more accurate indicator of TPM popularity in Virginia, or the lack thereof, is the fact that a TPM candidate for governor was defeated – had republicans fielded a sane candidate more interested in responsible governance as opposed to whom you might be sleeping with, there’d be a republican governor in Virginia today.

The TPM is a threat only to republicans, not democrats; when a democrat runs against a TPM candidate, the democrat will usually win. That was demonstrated in 2010, 2012, and likely again this year.

In 2010 the tea party trounced the dems and likely will be the case this year, establishment types will lose.

If you're middle-class you'd better hope not! The Koch bitches are once again talking ut of both sides of their mouth. Paul, was against immigration, now he's for? Must have been a new memo from the Pimp Daddies!

Aren't the plates a source of revenue? He got elected when those plates were popular. I wonder if gas stations and gas station service areas saw an increase in revenue when those state rest areas shut down. I usually do the Emoria 95 or 58 to 85 south routes when we travel, so I never noticed any bad effects from the shut downs. Here's the reason Kaine shut those rest areas down:

Transportation officials facing a $2.6 billion budget shortfall expect the closings to save about $9 million a year.

Meade asks officials to look again for other options to trim the transportation budget.

Transportation Department spokesman Jeff Caldwell says the agency has cut all its programs and $2 billion in road construction projects.

Isn't the above (cuts) what some people would refer to as a "fiscally conservative" action?
No.

A fiscally conservative action would have been to put aside transportation funds from transportation taxation and used it for ONLY road construction. In addition, a well thought out conservative budget would employ strategies that would build excess funds or materials in years of feast, as a hedge against those years when resources were low or economic times were lean.

But hey, you go on with your bad self.

The idea of politicians putting money aside and not spending every last dime the government takes in is simply too absurd for words to describe.

We have a number of bills to pay due to your dismal voting record.

They are very fine looking plates. I'm sure the Jewish hate groups - ACLU, SPLC, ADL, etc will do their best to put a stop to this.

Tread-on-Me-License-Plate.png

Popularity of 'Don't Tread on Me' plates in Virginia suggests Tea Party still strong | Fox News

The State where thousands of Private Companies suck off the Federal Teat?

Name one company anywhere in the US that doesn't.

I wonder if left wing political hack governor elect Terry McAuliffe will cancel the plates. Democrat governors in the Commonwealth are generally supported by the left wing media and they are prone to some screwball ideas that don't get much attention. The last democrat governor decided to close interstate rest stops so that you can remember to vote democrat when you really gotta take a piss.

Aren't the plates a source of revenue? He got elected when those plates were popular. I wonder if gas stations and gas station service areas saw an increase in revenue when those state rest areas shut down. I usually do the Emoria 95 or 58 to 85 south routes when we travel, so I never noticed any bad effects from the shut downs. Here's the reason Kaine shut those rest areas down:

Transportation officials facing a $2.6 billion budget shortfall expect the closings to save about $9 million a year.

Meade asks officials to look again for other options to trim the transportation budget.

Transportation Department spokesman Jeff Caldwell says the agency has cut all its programs and $2 billion in road construction projects.

Isn't the above (cuts) what some people would refer to as a "fiscally conservative" action?
No.

A fiscally conservative action would have been to put aside transportation funds from transportation taxation and used it for ONLY road construction. In addition, a well thought out conservative budget would employ strategies that would build excess funds or materials in years of feast, as a hedge against those years when resources were low or economic times were lean.

Roads are the only means of transportation?

No.

The idea of politicians putting money aside and not spending every last dime the government takes in is simply too absurd for words to describe.

They are entirely due to liberal fucktards like you. How am I in anyway responsible for any of the debts incurred by the federal government?

A more accurate indicator of TPM popularity in Virginia, or the lack thereof, is the fact that a TPM candidate for governor was defeated – had republicans fielded a sane candidate more interested in responsible governance as opposed to whom you might be sleeping with, there’d be a republican governor in Virginia today.

The TPM is a threat only to republicans, not democrats; when a democrat runs against a TPM candidate, the democrat will usually win. That was demonstrated in 2010, 2012, and likely again this year.

In 2010 the tea party trounced the dems and likely will be the case this year, establishment types will lose.

If you're middle-class you'd better hope not! The Koch bitches are once again talking ut of both sides of their mouth. Paul, was against immigration, now he's for? Must have been a new memo from the Pimp Daddies!

The idea the big spending liberals are the friends of the middle class is about as credible as Barack Obama or an AGW cult member.

They are entirely due to liberal fucktards like you. How am I in anyway responsible for any of the debts incurred by the federal government?

If you voted Republican anytime in the last 40 years, it's your fault.

The idea the big spending liberals are the friends of the middle class is about as credible as Barack Obama or an AGW cult member.

So how many Republicans in the last 40 years have pushed through bills helping the middle-class without giving greater gain to the rich? Zero?

There's uh, no such thing as rest areas in a city. They're not needed there.

Duh.

Here's a list. Seems they're all in cities.

Interstate Rest Areas | Rest Areas along Interstate Highways

None of those are cities, dood. Get out of the house and travel some day.

Interstate 95 Rest Areas | Interstate Rest Areas

Genius...Dale City, Culpepper and Fredericksburg are very large communities.
Perhaps YOU should get out more often.

I wonder if left wing political hack governor elect Terry McAuliffe will cancel the plates. Democrat governors in the Commonwealth are generally supported by the left wing media and they are prone to some screwball ideas that don't get much attention. The last democrat governor decided to close interstate rest stops so that you can remember to vote democrat when you really gotta take a piss.

I remember that. The signs stated "due to budget cuts"....
I noted that the majority of the closed rest areas were in rural and suburban stretches of I-81 and I-95....where the voters are mostly GOP...

There's uh, no such thing as rest areas in a city. They're not needed there.

Duh.
That comment is so vapid it is beneath the dignity of a response

Tea Party candidate rejected in special election for Virginia's SD-33 senate seat

Forum List

Back