Popularity Of Virginia 'Don't Tread On Me' License Plates Suggest Tea Party Is Strong

They are very fine looking plates. I'm sure the Jewish hate groups - ACLU, SPLC, ADL, etc will do their best to put a stop to this.

Tread-on-Me-License-Plate.png

Popularity of 'Don't Tread on Me' plates in Virginia suggests Tea Party still strong | Fox News

Didn't Obama just win Virginia ...... again?

Didn't the Democratic Party just sweep all statewide races two months ago?

I wonder if left wing political hack governor elect Terry McAuliffe will cancel the plates. Democrat governors in the Commonwealth are generally supported by the left wing media and they are prone to some screwball ideas that don't get much attention. The last democrat governor decided to close interstate rest stops so that you can remember to vote democrat when you really gotta take a piss.

I remember that. The signs stated "due to budget cuts"....
I noted that the majority of the closed rest areas were in rural and suburban stretches of I-81 and I-95....where the voters are mostly GOP...

There's uh, no such thing as rest areas in a city. They're not needed there.

Duh.

They are very fine looking plates. I'm sure the Jewish hate groups - ACLU, SPLC, ADL, etc will do their best to put a stop to this.

Popularity of 'Don't Tread on Me' plates in Virginia suggests Tea Party still strong | Fox News

No, the democrat party didn't sweep statewide races. Republicans still have the majority in the Va senate and House of delegates. The fact that a popular democrat senator was stabbed and shot by his own son might give the republicans another seat.

No, the democrat party didn't sweep statewide races. Republicans still have the majority in the Va senate and House of delegates. The fact that a popular democrat senator was stabbed and shot by his own son might give the republicans another seat.

Those weren't statewide races.

The State where thousands of Private Companies suck off the Federal Teat?

Typically the radical left misunderstands the concept of independence. The federal teat does not contradict the independence of the "Don't Tread on Me" license plates. A strong federal government investment is a good thing. Stupid federal regulations, wasteful taxpayer bureaucracies, insulting taxation and disregard of the Constitution interferes with the milk of the federal teat and dumb asses who can't understand the concept are nothing but snakes.

When's the last time that Federal / Private relationship wasn't tainted?

I wonder if left wing political hack governor elect Terry McAuliffe will cancel the plates. Democrat governors in the Commonwealth are generally supported by the left wing media and they are prone to some screwball ideas that don't get much attention. The last democrat governor decided to close interstate rest stops so that you can remember to vote democrat when you really gotta take a piss.

I noted that the majority of the closed rest areas were in rural and suburban stretches of I-81 and I-95....where the voters are mostly GOP...

Duh.

Here's a list. Seems they're all in cities.

Interstate Rest Areas | Rest Areas along Interstate Highways

I've always really wanted that license plate. I'm hugely annoyed that it's been stolen by the teapartiers

So you want that plate on your car minus the limited government interference in your life. Interesting take you have going on here.

Well:

"

With all precincts reporting on Tuesday night, Democrat Lewis led by just 22 votes out of 20,379 cast.

The state Senate is now split with 20 Democrats and 20 Republicans. The lieutenant governor has the tiebreaking vote on most issues.

If Democrats retain Northam’s Senate seat and win a Jan. 21 special election for the Loudoun state Senate seat of Attorney General-elect Mark R. Herring, the chamber will remain split and the new lieutenant governor’s (DEMOCRAT) tiebreaking vote would tip the balance to the Democrats.

But if Republicans win either special election, they will have 21 votes, an outright majority in the Senate."

I've always really wanted that license plate. I'm hugely annoyed that it's been stolen by the teapartiers

So you want that plate on your car minus the limited government interference in your life. Interesting take you have going on here.

I want that license plate on my car minus the low-information dumbassery label that comes with being associated with tea baggers.

Duh.

Here's a list. Seems they're all in cities.

Interstate Rest Areas | Rest Areas along Interstate Highways

None of those are cities, dood. Get out of the house and travel some day.

Only votes matter.

the tea tards will cripple the republican party for decades to come if the republicans dont DUMP this fact adverse idiot base

A more accurate indicator of TPM popularity in Virginia, or the lack thereof, is the fact that a TPM candidate for governor was defeated – had republicans fielded a sane candidate more interested in responsible governance as opposed to whom you might be sleeping with, there’d be a republican governor in Virginia today.

The TPM is a threat only to republicans, not democrats; when a democrat runs against a TPM candidate, the democrat will usually win. That was demonstrated in 2010, 2012, and likely again this year.

In 2010 the tea party trounced the dems and likely will be the case this year, establishment types will lose.

Popularity Of Virginia 'Don't Tread On Me' License Plates Suggest Tea Party Is Strong
Yeah sure. That's why the tea bag candidate for governor just got trounced by a liberal. And the tea bag for AG lost too. Tea baggers are so far out of touch with reality, it's turned a red state blue. Nice.

Aren't the plates a source of revenue? He got elected when those plates were popular. I wonder if gas stations and gas station service areas saw an increase in revenue when those state rest areas shut down. I usually do the Emoria 95 or 58 to 85 south routes when we travel, so I never noticed any bad effects from the shut downs. Here's the reason Kaine shut those rest areas down:

Transportation officials facing a $2.6 billion budget shortfall expect the closings to save about $9 million a year.

Meade asks officials to look again for other options to trim the transportation budget.

Transportation Department spokesman Jeff Caldwell says the agency has cut all its programs and $2 billion in road construction projects.

Isn't the above (cuts) what some people would refer to as a "fiscally conservative" action?
No.

A fiscally conservative action would have been to put aside transportation funds from transportation taxation and used it for ONLY road construction. In addition, a well thought out conservative budget would employ strategies that would build excess funds or materials in years of feast, as a hedge against those years when resources were low or economic times were lean.

But hey, you go on with your bad self.

A more accurate indicator of TPM popularity in Virginia, or the lack thereof, is the fact that a TPM candidate for governor was defeated – had republicans fielded a sane candidate more interested in responsible governance as opposed to whom you might be sleeping with, there’d be a republican governor in Virginia today.

The TPM is a threat only to republicans, not democrats; when a democrat runs against a TPM candidate, the democrat will usually win. That was demonstrated in 2010, 2012, and likely again this year.

In 2010 the tea party trounced the dems and likely will be the case this year, establishment types will lose.

I believe you are right. All the more reason for GOP voters to support Tea Party type candidates in 2014. :D

Aren't the plates a source of revenue? He got elected when those plates were popular. I wonder if gas stations and gas station service areas saw an increase in revenue when those state rest areas shut down. I usually do the Emoria 95 or 58 to 85 south routes when we travel, so I never noticed any bad effects from the shut downs. Here's the reason Kaine shut those rest areas down:

Transportation officials facing a $2.6 billion budget shortfall expect the closings to save about $9 million a year.

Meade asks officials to look again for other options to trim the transportation budget.

Transportation Department spokesman Jeff Caldwell says the agency has cut all its programs and $2 billion in road construction projects.

Isn't the above (cuts) what some people would refer to as a "fiscally conservative" action?
No.

A fiscally conservative action would have been to put aside transportation funds from transportation taxation and used it for ONLY road construction. In addition, a well thought out conservative budget would employ strategies that would build excess funds or materials in years of feast, as a hedge against those years when resources were low or economic times were lean.

The idea of politicians putting money aside and not spending every last dime the government takes in is simply too absurd for words to describe.

Last edited:

Aren't the plates a source of revenue? He got elected when those plates were popular. I wonder if gas stations and gas station service areas saw an increase in revenue when those state rest areas shut down. I usually do the Epmoria 95 or 58 to 85 south routes when we travel, so I never noticed any bad effects from the shut downs. Here's the reason Kaine shut those rest areas down:

No.

A fiscally conservative action would have been to put aside transportation funds from transportation taxation and used it for ONLY road construction.
In addition, a well thought out conservative budget would employ strategies that would build excess funds or materials in years of feast, as a hedge against those years when resources were low or economic times were lean.

What is the function of VDOT? Is it solely "road construction"?

"The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is responsible for building, maintaining and operating the state's roads, bridges and tunnels. And, through the Commonwealth Transportation Board, it provides funding for airports, seaports, rail and public transportation."

Here's what the conservative Governor in this state enacted:

"Mr. McDonnell, now in his final year as governor, has at last acknowledged a fundamental truth: There is no way to maintain and improve the state’s crumbling transportation network, now set to run out of construction money by 2017, without higher taxes. That basic fact, in a state that has not raised any sustainable new funds for highways and roads in a quarter-century, has been rejected by the GOP for years. Now the governor has conceded the point."

"He did so by calling for a 16 percent increase in the state sales tax on all goods, in place of the current per-gallon gasoline tax, which would be eliminated. By 2018 that would yield an additional $183 million annually in revenue due to rising prices and economic activity. Add to that Mr. McDonnell’s plan for an additional $127 million annually, mainly from higher vehicle registration fees, and there you have it: $310 million in new annual revenue proposed by a Republican governor."

"Mr. McDonnell would get part of the rest of the way to the $1 billion level by raiding general-fund money — for schools, higher education, mental health, public safety and recreation — and shifting some $283 million a year to transportation."
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell?s bold and paltry transportation plan - The Washington Post

Wow! That's a lot better than closing some rest areas (which would steer people to privately owned gas stations and service areas $$$) and cutting some road projects for a finite time.

Just trying to bring some things to light and discuss a subject. ;)

Forum List

Back