Pope's Argentina built a wall. Ditto Paraguay. Brazil and Peru. And Trump isn't a Christian? Really

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
So all these Catholic countries have built walls. In my mind the most despicable one is Peru's wall of shame. It was not built to keep out immigrants you see as a border. It was built to separate the rich from the poor.

Crickets from the Vatican?

2F90ACD500000578-0-image-m-15_1450781594267.jpg

Divide: Pictures show Peru's ten-foot high Wall of Shame topped with razor wire which divides the rich and poor to stop the less well-off stealing from the wealthy

2F90ACC600000578-0-image-a-12_1450781579145.jpg

The structure, also nicknamed 'Peru's Berlin Wall' is made out of wire and cement and splits the neighbourhoods of San Juan de Miraflores and Surco

2F90ACCB00000578-0-image-a-14_1450781579458.jpg

2F90AC3500000578-0-image-a-20_1450781700676.jpg

Kept out: The wall was initially put up over fears that the inhabitants from the poor neighbourhood would steal from wealthy fellow citizens living nearby

More at link:

Peru’s ten-foot high Wall Of Shame separating rich and poor

The pope is ok------his comments were DESIGNED to provide COMIC RELIEF

It would be interesting if the pope was on this board to defend himself and his comments. I would like to hear about the hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Jesuits invoked some rights for their slaves........for e.g., they frowned upon the whipping of their pregnant slave women.

We should all read exactly what the Pope was asked,,,and exactly how he responded. As usual this is another Tower of Babel mountain of miscommunication...used by both sides to push an agenda.

We should all read exactly what the Pope was asked,,,and exactly how he responded. As usual this is another Tower of Babel mountain of miscommunication...used by both sides to push an agenda.

Here you go.

"The Pope's dramatic intervention came in a freewheeling conversation with reporters on his flight back from a visit to Mexico.

Francis was asked about Trump and some of his statements, such as vowing to build a wall between the United States and Mexico if he becomes president."

AND

'A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,' Francis said in answer to a specific question about Trump's views. 'This is not in the gospel.'

Asked if American Catholics should vote for someone with Trump's views, Francis said: 'I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that.

'We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.'

Read more: Pope's all-out attack on Trump: 'not Christian'
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It would be interesting if the pope was on this board to defend himself and his comments. I would like to hear about the hypocrisy.

Ditto. I had read the article about Peru's wall of shame a couple of months back and the hypocrisy from so many countries condemning the idea of a wall to secure a border and yet not a peep about fencing off the most poor and vulnerable in Peru.

Blows my mind every time I look at that wall with barbed wire.

Here you go.

"The Pope's dramatic intervention came in a freewheeling conversation with reporters on his flight back from a visit to Mexico.

Francis was asked about Trump and some of his statements, such as vowing to build a wall between the United States and Mexico if he becomes president."

AND

'A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,' Francis said in answer to a specific question about Trump's views. 'This is not in the gospel.'

Asked if American Catholics should vote for someone with Trump's views, Francis said: 'I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that.

'We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.'

That is not what I call an "all out attack" on Trump. It was a fairly casual and unrehearsed response to a reporter who may or may not have had an agenda. "The Popes dramatic intervention".? My ass.

Here you go.

AND

That is not what I call an "all out attack" on Trump. It was a fairly casual and unrehearsed response to a reporter who may or may not have had an agenda. "The Popes dramatic intervention".? My ass.

BTW I was a devout Catholic for many a year. I left over divorce. But I have no ill will towards the Church.

Here's why there is such a bruhaha over this. Pope Francis specifically said Trump was not a Christian. That's huge. It's a biggie.

It's a far cry from commenting that building a wall would be UnChristianlike behavior. Pope Francis is extraordinarily intelligent. He knew exactly what he was saying.

Here you go.

AND

BTW I was a devout Catholic for many a year. I left over divorce. But I have no ill will towards the Church.

Here's why there is such a bruhaha over this. Pope Francis specifically said Trump was not a Christian. That's huge. It's a biggie.

It's a far cry from commenting that building a wall would be UnChristianlike behavior. Pope Francis is extraordinarily intelligent. He knew exactly what he was saying.
I love you TD....but everything Frank said was unrehearsed, emanated from his life experience...and was qualified. Frank and Donald need to meet at one of the Trump Hotels and talk..until they understand what each is saying. I have observed communication for 78 years. It is damn near impossible.

I too was a practicing Catholic....strayed with Vatican II....still think about it...18 years of Catholic education with nuns, brothers and Jesuits stays with you.

So all these Catholic countries have built walls. In my mind the most despicable one is Peru's wall of shame. It was not built to keep out immigrants you see as a border. It was built to separate the rich from the poor.

Divide: Pictures show Peru's ten-foot high Wall of Shame topped with razor wire which divides the rich and poor to stop the less well-off stealing from the wealthy

The structure, also nicknamed 'Peru's Berlin Wall' is made out of wire and cement and splits the neighbourhoods of San Juan de Miraflores and Surco

Kept out: The wall was initially put up over fears that the inhabitants from the poor neighbourhood would steal from wealthy fellow citizens living nearby

More at link:

You can't possibly believe Jesus wouldnt agree with the pope. It is disturbing how repubs have thrown away Christianity for the religion of republican.

More at link:

You can't possibly believe Jesus wouldnt agree with the pope. It is disturbing how repubs have thrown away Christianity for the religion of republican.
The Pope is merely a man with a pontiffs hat. He can err and he has in my opinion. Can't make the call for Jesus. He is Love, Mercy, Justice and All Knowing.

More at link:

The Pope is merely a man with a pontiffs hat. He can err and he has in my opinion. Can't make the call for Jesus. He is Love, Mercy, Justice and All Knowing.
If he was asked about the Peru wall I dare say he would have condemned it. One should not take a snippet of words and begin to draw eternal conclusions.

More at link:

If you are a Christian he speaks for God. Does God err? Building walls isn't love, mercy, or justice.

I agree with the Pope on quite a few things, but yeah, I can see hypocrisy.
Now in defense of the Pope, it was a specific question that he responded to. But then he should have kept his thoughts to himself.
On another topic, when I jumped on this thread, all of a sudden this song popped into my head:

Forum List

Back