Pope to Atheists - we need your help

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Pope To Atheists: We Need Your Help - Business Insider

"Peace is a daily commitment. It is a homemade peace," he said.

He said that people of other religions were also praying for peace, and - departing from his prepared text - he urged atheists to join forces with believers.

"I invite even non-believers to desire peace. (Join us) with your desire, a desire that widens the heart. Let us all unite, either with prayer or with desire, but everyone, for peace," he said, drawing sustained applause from the crowd.

Francis's reaching out to atheists and people of other religions is a marked contrast to the attitude of former Pope Benedict, who sometimes left non-Catholics feeling that he saw them as second-class believers.

He called for "social harmony in South Sudan, where current tensions have already caused numerous victims and are threatening peaceful coexistence in that young state".

Thousands are believed to have died in violence divided along ethnic lines between the Nuer and Dinka tribes in the country, which seceded from Sudan in 2011 after decades of war.

The pontiff also called for dialogue to end the conflicts in Syria, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo and Iraq, and prayed for a "favorable outcome" to the peace process between Israelis and Palestinians.

"Wars shatter and hurt so many lives!" he said, saying their most vulnerable victims were children, elderly, battered women and the sick.

What an amazing gift he is to this world.

I am beginning to hope against hope that this is the start of the Third Great Awakening.

Last edited:
How again is kissing atheists ass teaching the gospel? Is this man pope or a Kardashian?

tapatalk post

He's not kissing anyone's ass. He's asking for non-believers to participate in a shared goal of world peace. In the short term that shows his priorities and reminds us all to maintain focus on what's important. In the long term it engages people who wouldn't necessarily be receptive to his message.

Last edited:
The Pope is asking desire to be joined to prayer for peace.

That is not kissing atheist ass.

How again is kissing atheists ass teaching the gospel? Is this man pope or a Kardashian?

tapatalk post

He's not kissing anyone's ass. He's asking for non-believers to participate in a shared goal of world peace. In the short term that show his priorities and reminds us all to maintain focus on what's important. In the long term it engages people who wouldn't necessarily be receptive to his message.

Yup. He is including all, as Christ did. When a prayer need is huge, that's what we do. "Light a candle, wear a crystal, think positive thoughts in my general direction, - I do not care. Just please. Help."

He said that people of other religions were also praying for peace, and - departing from his prepared text - he urged atheists to join forces with believers.

"I invite even non-believers to desire peace. (Join us) with your desire, a desire that widens the heart. Let us all unite, either with prayer or with desire, but everyone, for peace," he said, drawing sustained applause from the crowd.

Francis's reaching out to atheists and people of other religions is a marked contrast to the attitude of former Pope Benedict, who sometimes left non-Catholics feeling that he saw them as second-class believers.

He called for "social harmony in South Sudan, where current tensions have already caused numerous victims and are threatening peaceful coexistence in that young state".

Thousands are believed to have died in violence divided along ethnic lines between the Nuer and Dinka tribes in the country, which seceded from Sudan in 2011 after decades of war.

The pontiff also called for dialogue to end the conflicts in Syria, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo and Iraq, and prayed for a "favorable outcome" to the peace process between Israelis and Palestinians.

"Wars shatter and hurt so many lives!" he said, saying their most vulnerable victims were children, elderly, battered women and the sick.

Pope Francis doesn't know God anymore than atheists do.

I see the Christ of my faith more strongly in his words and actions than I do in yours, and that by a VERY long shot.

tapatalk post

He's not kissing anyone's ass. He's asking for non-believers to participate in a shared goal of world peace. In the short term that show his priorities and reminds us all to maintain focus on what's important. In the long term it engages people who wouldn't necessarily be receptive to his message.

Yup. He is including all, as Christ did. When a prayer need is huge, that's what we do. "Light a candle, wear a crystal, think positive thoughts in my general direction, - I do not care. Just please. Help."

Exactly.

This is the Pope we've been waiting for.

Perhaps.

If that's true, then he's a true visionary that is inspiring billions to make this world a better place. I see nothing wrong with that.

Preaching the gospel of the Christ is what the pope is suppose to do. All this man does is strut like s peacock with a inflated ego.

tapatalk post

Forum List

Back