Poor Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Democrats are running scared from everything these days.
Which is why I posted this OP. It is newsworthy when one's own party turns against them for any reason. ;)

I guess it's "newsworthy", but I still don't understand why you'd care.

DNC Chair is an administrative position for a party that you clearly don't belong to. It's as irrelevant to you as who the current President of National Right to Life is to me.

I'll remember that next time your in an abortion or life to life thread.

Actually the democrats are running scared from abortion topics too. It seems that the entire democrat freaking agenda is on hold hoping that people forget how sinister they are until after the mid terms when they can go back to being ....democrats.
Seems the party of Democrats is as split these days as the party of Republicans. :alcoholic:

She been an embarrassment for quite some time. The best thing the DNC can do is hand this woman her hat.

I agree, to an extent. I don't think she's done a good job.

In terms of her being an "embarrassment", I don't think that's the issue though.

Depends on what you see as the job of a "party leader". If it's merely cheerleading and frat pranks -- you are correct. She is perfectly divisive and annoying and vitriolic. And the Repubs should return in kind. I suggest P.J. O'Rourke. :D If he could stay sober long enough and the dementia hasn't kicked in.

BUT -- if the job is really to formulate and hone policies that win hearts and minds and produces a more focused and coherent message for America -- she is a f'ing disaster..

My party sticks to the message and the issues. So none of this makes sense to me. But the circus atmosphere it projects -- affects us all..

She been an embarrassment for quite some time. The best thing the DNC can do is hand this woman her hat.

In terms of her being an "embarrassment", I don't think that's the issue though.

Depends on what you see as the job of a "party leader". If it's merely cheerleading and frat pranks -- you are correct. She is perfectly divisive and annoying and vitriolic. And the Repubs should return in kind. I suggest P.J. O'Rourke. :D If he could stay sober long enough and the dementia hasn't kicked in.

BUT -- if the job is really to formulate and hone policies that win hearts and minds and produces a more focused and coherent message for America -- she is a f'ing disaster..

My party sticks to the message and the issues. So none of this makes sense to me. But the circus atmosphere it projects -- affects us all..

The job of party chair is to be the official spokesperson for the party, and to formulate strategies to get Democrats elected.

I don't think she's good at either one.

The job of party chair is to be the official spokesperson for the party, and to formulate strategies to get Democrats elected.

I would HOPE that would be her job description, rather than being the trained attack dog at the front door of party.. But it does affect EVERYONE with a political interest in America in that a job with that description OUGHT to be done with a lot more dignity and sensitivity to the tone of the debate that it sets. Everything you and I probably hate about the level of political debate in this country is on display with her..

I don't hate her --- I hate the insincerity and the purposeful angst she brings to what passes to political discussion..

The need to reduce division and create an atmosphere which compromise and stability can grow is greatly lacking. We have several political lightning rods in that regard and Wasserman is part of the problem. The antitea party so to speak.

I would HOPE that would be her job description, rather than being the trained attack dog at the front door of party.. But it does affect EVERYONE with a political interest in America in that a job with that description OUGHT to be done with a lot more dignity and sensitivity to the tone of the debate that it sets. Everything you and I probably hate about the level of political debate in this country is on display with her..

I don't hate her --- I hate the insincerity and the purposeful angst she brings to what passes to political discussion..

Well, "attack dog" could absolutely be part of the job description of party chair, if that's the strategy they've worked out. I don't think it works, most of the time.

This is the thing - it's not her job to be nice. She didn't invent the political climate we live in, and she's not answerable to "the people" in her position as DNC chair - she's answerable to the DNC.

She's not about to lose her job because Republicans don't like her, she's about to lose her job because she's not that good at it.

If she was better at her job, Republicans would probably hate her even more.

The need to reduce division and create an atmosphere which compromise and stability can grow is greatly lacking. We have several political lightning rods in that regard and Wasserman is part of the problem. The antitea party so to speak.

It's not the DNC chair's job to "reduce division" - it's their job to make sure the division favors their side.

It's not the DNC chair's job to "reduce division" - it's their job to make sure the division favors their side.

Well said.....completely cynical.....but well said. :cry:

Well said.....completely cynical.....but well said. :cry:

I don't think I'm being cynical - it's literally the in the job description.

Well, "attack dog" could absolutely be part of the job description of party chair, if that's the strategy they've worked out. I don't think it works, most of the time.

This is the thing - it's not her job to be nice. She didn't invent the political climate we live in, and she's not answerable to "the people" in her position as DNC chair - she's answerable to the DNC.

She's not about to lose her job because Republicans don't like her, she's about to lose her job because she's not that good at it.

If she was better at her job, Republicans would probably hate her even more.

I'm not about to stop the DNC from taking her off the leash without shots. But it sure as hell would be refreshing to find (and i can't believe i'm suggesting this :lol:) a more Bill Clinton type of face for their efforts.

She's a caricature of political hate and deception. And I honestly believe that leftists are driven not by any coherent political convictions -- but only the desire to win power. They currently OWN the Dem brand. And when Dems poke fun at the TParty rift in the other useless party, they ignore the fact that they have been hijacked by their own wingers for about 8 years now..

This is what you get when "wingers" are in charge without principles or a compass..

Obama needs to stop whining about division then.

I think the quotes got a little messed up, so I copypasta'd your last post, @flacaltenn :

I'm not about to stop the DNC from taking her off the leash without shots. But it sure as hell would be refreshing to find (and i can't believe i'm suggesting this :lol:) a more Bill Clinton type of face for their efforts.

She's a caricature of political hate and deception. And I honestly believe that leftists are driven not by any coherent political convictions -- but only the desire to win power. They currently OWN the Dem brand. And when Dems poke fun at the TParty rift in the other useless party, they ignore the fact that they have been hijacked by their own wingers for about 8 years now..

This is what you get when "wingers" are in charge without principles or a compass..

I don't know if I agree with the definitions of terms you're using.

I use the term "leftist" to describe myself, and I can tell you for sure that I don't "OWN" the Democratic Party. They don't represent me at all.

Why?

What does Obama have to do with anything?

Why?

What does Obama have to do with anything?

He's probably even wondering that about now.

Forum List

Back