Polls Are Useless Unless Political Party Is Identified of Every Responder

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Wow. I am so tired of hearing about Joe Biden being ahead of President Trump in the polls. Horsefeathers. First of all, expect a big lead for Biden in any poll that has the word "University" in its name. Wanna guess how many of these responders are Democrats ? Let's start with 90% and go up from there.

And University or not, generally, polls are responded to by Democrats, and not much by Republicans. That's because in large part, Republicans don't respond to polls. And that's because polls generally come from the mainstream media, which is regarded by most Republicans as enemies.

Even the typically right-wing regarded Fox News, doesn't have a likely even-matched poll response. A few days before the 2016 election, Fox had Hillary Clinton at 4 % points higher than Trump. Sure, because even with their polls, mostly Democrats are the responders.

When has anyone heard a poll mentioned on TV, where it was stated how many Democrats and how many Republicans did the poll's response consist of ? Show me that with the poll results, or I'm not interested.

I'd wager Trump is way ahead of Biden among Americans, right now, with the main reason that Trump has accomplished a lot on the economy (and the coronavirus), and Biden's brains are falling out of his head.

Aside from Bidum's brains draining out through his ears, no registered voter poll is worth a shit. They oversample Democrats then target liberal leaning areas to poll independents.

Only likely voters polling is somewhat reasonable.

And if you want to understand some real facts about the silent majority you can watch this vid for some real eye opening facts.

Wow. I am so tired of hearing about Joe Biden being ahead of President Trump in the polls. Horsefeathers. First of all, expect a big lead for Biden in any poll that has the word "University" in its name. Wanna guess how many of these responders are Democrats ? Let's start with 90% and go up from there.

And University or not, generally, polls are responded to by Democrats, and not much by Republicans. That's because in large part, Republicans don't respond to polls. And that's because polls generally come from the mainstream media, which is regarded by most Republicans as enemies.

Even the typically right-wing regarded Fox News, doesn't have a likely even-matched poll response. A few days before the 2016 election, Fox had Hillary Clinton at 4 % points higher than Trump. Sure, because even with their polls, mostly Democrats are the responders.

When has anyone heard a poll mentioned on TV, where it was stated how many Democrats and how many Republicans did the poll's response consist of ? Show me that with the poll results, or I'm not interested.

I'd wager Trump is way ahead of Biden among Americans, right now, with the main reason that Trump has accomplished a lot on the economy (and the coronavirus), and Biden's brains are falling out of his head.
90% Democrats? The excuses are getting thicker the more desperate the Trumpistas become!

Polls don’t work like that

You don’t aim for a 50 percent Dems and 50 percent Republicans. That way you know what the results will be.

Polls should be random samples that represent the population you are drawing from

You don’t aim for a 50 percent Dems and 50 percent Republicans. That way you know what the results will be.

Polls should be random samples that represent the population you are drawing from
But because Republicans don't answer them, you get heavily weighted Democrat response. That's why the silly things (even Fox News) all assured us just before the 2016 election, that Hillary was going to win.

Pretty amazing that so many people are still talking about polls.

But because Republicans don't answer them, you get heavily weighted Democrat response. That's why the silly things (even Fox News) all assured us just before the 2016 election, that Hillary was going to win.

Surprisingly, polls are usually right

They were right in 2008, right in 2012, right in 2018

Due to some last minute Shenanigans from James Comey, the 2016 polls were not correct.

If Trump wants to assume that polls are never right and run accordingly, it is fine by me

I predict that after the November election the pollsters will weigh their polls evenly between the Dems and republicans and independents....how many times do they have to be wrong before they wake up and poll fairly and accurately?....

Due to some last minute Shenanigans from James Comey, the 2016 polls were not correct.

If Trump wants to assume that polls are never right and run accordingly, it is fine by me
Actually, the 2016 polls were correct: a majority of voters didn’t want Trump to be president, consistent with the popular vote.

Actually, the 2016 polls were correct: a majority of voters didn’t want Trump to be president, consistent with the popular vote.

The problem in 2016 is they stopped the polling at the state level two weeks before the election.

They missed the shift after the Comey bombshell

Wow, that's not how polls work. At all. Surveying is a science, using carefully worded and arranged questions specifically to AVOID any suggestive or leading questions or bias. Moreover the methodology for the poll IS PUBLISHED WITH IT as proof of that.

All "universities" have to do with them, when they do, is to get college students involved as a cost-cutting measure as well as to give them hands-on experience. But the script is the script. Deviations are not allowed.

And further, party affiliation usually *IS* listed anyway, so you have no point here.

I predict that after the November election the pollsters will weigh their polls evenly between the Dems and republicans and independents....how many times do they have to be wrong before they wake up and poll fairly and accurately?....

Let’s see?

If you poll exactly 50 percent Democrat and 50 percent Republican

What do you expect to see as a result?

Wow, that's not how polls work. At all. Surveying is a science, using carefully worded and arranged questions specifically to AVOID any suggestive or leading questions or bias. Moreover the methodology for the poll IS PUBLISHED WITH IT as proof of that.

All "universities" have to do with them, when they do, is to get college students involved as a cost-cutting measure as well as to give them hands-on experience. But the script is the script. Deviations are not allowed.

And further, party affiliation usually *IS* listed anyway, so you have no point here.
YOU have no point here. Unless every responder is identified - name, address, political party (which is unheard of), the poll is useless and worthless.

And some polls are deliberately DESIGNED FOR suggestive or leading questions or bias. And many of these are published with everyone seeing the bias.
What else is new ? Ho hum.

Let’s see?

If you poll exactly 50 percent Democrat and 50 percent Republican

What do you expect to see as a result?
Why ask that question ?

What do you expect to see when polls are polled as they are ?

Easy question. You'll see a Democrat advantage, because that's who overwhelmingly answers polls.

These are not real polls. They are fabricated propaganda to support a narrative that was written before the poll was taken. Hence the intentional oversampling of Dems and rigging of the polls.

YOU have no point here. Unless every responder is identified - name, address, political party (which is unheard of), the poll is useless and worthless.

And some polls are deliberately DESIGNED FOR suggestive or leading questions or bias. And many of these are published with everyone seeing the bias.
What else is new ? Ho hum.

You don't identify respondents by name, that's fucking stupid. Clearly you have no training in this area.

And once AGAIN the whole point of publishing the methodology, including exact scripts AND rotations, is to demonstrate objectivity. Now if you have a robo-poll that asks "would you be less likely to vote for John McCain if you knew he fathered an illegitimate black baby?", it's crystal clear that's a fake poll. It's called a "push" poll, as its object is not to poll at all but to plant bullshit in respondents' minds.

Wrong.

1. A majority of Trump haters responded negative to Trump, but many of these did not vote.

2. The popular vote included millions of illegal aliens who shouldn't have been voting at all.

3. Trump won both the electoral vote, and the popular AMERICANS vote. Doesn't matter what illegal aliens want.

Forum List

Back