Poll: Who has enforcement authority of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution?

Who does the 14th specify as having the authority to enforce the 14th?

• Congress

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • The Maine SOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A civil court judge in Colorado.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Just because you say I have nothing, doesn't make your emotionally frail claims accurate. I never once claimed that Trump was convicted in criminal court of insurrection. I said Colorado's lower court held a hearing, looked at evidence, heard testimony, from both sides, and then determined, through their legal lense, that Jan 6th was an insurrection and that Trump engaged in it. Then Colorado's Supreme Court affirmed that ruling and SCOTUS declined to address it. If you can't accept, emotionally, that those legal processing and judgements occurred, that's your problem.
The US Supreme Court ruled Colorado has no standing regarding the 14th in this case.

So it doesn’t matter what those libtard hacks found, it is now null and void, Simp.

You still have nothing.

The US Supreme Court ruled Colorado has no standing regarding the 14th in this case.

So it doesn’t matter what those libtard hacks found, it is now null and void, Simp.

You still have nothing.
I agree what Colorado's two courts found is now moot per SCOTUS's ruling. :dunno: That's not the same thing as having the higher court over rule them on the issue of whether Trump is an insurrectionist. They didn't. It's simply a fact that two legal bodies deliberated the issue and found that Trump was indeed an insurrectionist. Be less of a bitch about that. :itsok:

By the way this to me is less important than the judgment, in a court of law, that Trump is a sexual assaulter.

I agree what Colorado's two courts found is now moot per SCOTUS's ruling. :dunno: That's not the same thing as having the higher court over rule them on the issue of whether Trump is an insurrectionist. They didn't. It's simply a fact that two legal bodies deliberated the issue and found that Trump was indeed an insurrectionist. Be less of a bitch about that. :itsok:

By the way this to me is less important than the judgment, in a court of law, that Trump is a sexual assaulter.
The USSC trashed all the shams in all states trying to keep Trump off the ballot.

You lost. You have nothing. Time to accept reality.

I have grown bored with your vast nothingness.

There seems to be some confusion on this, so I will post the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution in it's entirety so all can read from beginning to end to find the answer. I will include a link so I can't be accused of altering the text.

Fourteenth Amendment​

Fourteenth Amendment Explained

Section 1​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2​

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4​

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5​

The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Back to this amazing OP.

Do you guys think I should apply as a clerk on the Supreme Court so they would have access to my impeccable legal mind 24/7?

The USSC trashed all the shams in all states trying to keep Trump off the ballot.
What the did was simply give the power to disqualify to Washington and Congress at the expense of States rights. You appear to think that bothers me more than it does. I didn't lose anything. It wasn't my fate SCOTUS was deciding. :lmao:
You lost. You have nothing. Time to accept reality.
Trump, who this case was actually about, still has four criminal cases to navigate and has already been found to be a fraud and sexual assaulter. For most non mutants that's plenty.
I have grown bored with your vast nothingness.
I never get bored of playing with you.

Trump, who this case was actually about, still has four criminal cases to navigate and has already been found to be a fraud and sexual assaulter.
And once those get to a real court they will be bitchslapped into oblivion too.

You still have nothing, Boring Goat.

And once those get to a real court they will be bitchslapped into oblivion too.

You still have nothing, Boring Goat.
Says the guy who in the face of legal judgments of fraud and sexual assault presents to me a hope and a dream. There there. :itsok: Let me know when that happens. Until then you got nothing! :funnyface:

I could be wrong on this, but my understanding is...

The court didn't say that States cannot rule on Federal eligibility. What is really boils down to is that with out governing legislation from Congress states couldn't rule at this time because Congress has not defined (a) the criteria, and (b) the process. Congress could do that with federal legislation and empower states to make the call.

But we all know that Congress won't pass such legislation.

WW
For the 14,837th time, Congress passed the (a) the criteria, and (b) the process, actually, since before the 14th Amendment. The latest legislation they passed defining (a) the criteria, and (b) the process was passed in 1948 - 18 USC 2383

The hashtag #TrumpSmells quickly skyrocketed to the top trending topic in the United States on X after Donald Trump's team threw a stink over claims that the ex-president and criminal defendant has an "odor" that is "truly something to behold."

The Supreme Court didn't over turn their judgement that Trump is an insurrectionist, Moron. What they said was they lacked the authority to remedy it even if he is.
Wrong. They were not asked to decide that, and not one single word of the decision even referred to the so-called finding that Trump was an insurrectionist.

Had they ruled on that, the Court would have said that the State of Colorado does not have the jurisdiction to prosecute a Federal crime. That is why we have US Attorneys. That "insurrection" finding would have been reversed along with the ban on Trump running for office.

Does Colorado have a State crime of insurrection? If so, they can charge that crime and have a trial. And they could disqualify someone for State office for it, if their statute allowed that punishment.

What they can't do is what they tried to do- which is to bar a candidate for Federal office based on the 14th amendment. For whatever reason they tried, it does not matter. It's beyond their jurisdiction.

It was as bogus as it gets, and even the Colorado Supreme Court knew they were on shaky ground, which is why they stayed their own ruling pending SCOTUS review.

And the court did not say that Section 3 could not be enforced without Congressional action. That is another lie you guys are trying to perpetuate. The court said the Congress has "long given effect to Section 3 with respect to would-be or existing federal officeholders", by passing legislation that disqualifies someone who is guilty of insurrection.

Wrong. They were not asked to decide that, and not one single word of the decision even referred to the so-called finding that Trump was an insurrectionist.
The entire Colorado ruling was before them, they could of addressed whatever issues with the ruling they wanted, they chose to only decide on who has the authority to remove a candidate from the ballot. Why are you MAGAts so emotionally soft that you can't accept that courts all around the country, after hearing testimony and seeing evidence, concluded Trump was an insurrectionist? That's not even as bad to me as jury finding him to be a sexually assaulter.

Executive branch enforces.
Nope. Trump would be the elected head of the Executive Branch, if the House passed the 14th barring Trump from holding office, and he refused to leave, the House has no enforcement mechanism. That may be why we all said that the president is excluded from the 14th...

There seems to be some confusion on this, so I will post the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution in it's entirety so all can read from beginning to end to find the answer. I will include a link so I can't be accused of altering the text.

Fourteenth Amendment​

Fourteenth Amendment Explained

Section 1​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2​

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4​

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5​

The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

how many former confederates ran for office? no enforcement was necessary.

it is really up to the people to enforce the rule of law, in november,. from what i have seen we are not up to it.

how many former confederates ran for office? no enforcement was necessary.

it is really up to the people to enforce the rule of law, in november,. from what i have seen we are not up to it.
Sorry to inform you, but your NARRATIVE that there was an insurrection is DEAD.
:Boom2:The Narrative

:rolleyes:

What the did was simply give the power to disqualify to Washington and Congress at the expense of States rights. You appear to think that bothers me more than it does. I didn't lose anything. It wasn't my fate SCOTUS was deciding. :lmao:

Trump, who this case was actually about, still has four criminal cases to navigate and has already been found to be a fraud and sexual assaulter. For most non mutants that's plenty.

I never get bored of playing with you.
The SC didn’t give the power to disqualify to Congress, the 14th Amendment does. Go read my OP for your education, Boring Goat.

The SC didn’t give the power to disqualify to Congress, the 14th Amendment does. Go read my OP for your education, Boring Goat.
Now you're just being a little sour puss because you have nothing but a "wait and see" as a retort for your guy being found to be a sexual assaulter in a court of law. :itsok: What power does an Amendment have without the authorization to use it?

Now you're just being a little sour puss because you have nothing but a "wait and see" as a retort for your guy being found to be a sexual assaulter in a court of law. :itsok: What power does an Amendment have without the authorization to use it?
Um, quote my post saying we don’t have to wait and see how a future court decision turns out, Dumbass. I stated my opinion based on how weak and obviously politically motivated they are, Simp.:cuckoo:

The power to use it is spelled out in the 14th. Go read my OP for your education.

Um, quote my post saying we don’t have to wait and see how a future court decision turns out, Dumbass. I stated my opinion based on how weak and obviously politically motivated they are, Simp.:cuckoo:

The power to use it is spelled out in the 14th. Go read my OP for your education.
In otherwords you are projecting your hurt feelings over legal rulings on to me when I'm merely amused SCOTUS punted and gave authority over disqualification of insurrectionist over to the political body of Congress. Which by the way, gives Raskin and the Democratic party the power to disqualify Trump if they can manage to win a super majority in Nov. even if he wins the election. :funnyface:

In otherwords you are projecting your hurt feelings over legal rulings on to me when I'm merely amused SCOTUS punted and gave authority over disqualification of insurrectionist over to the political body of Congress. Which by the way, gives Raskin and the Democratic party the power to disqualify Trump if they can manage to win a super majority in Nov. even if he wins the election. :funnyface:
Once again Moron, they gave nothing to Congress.

Go get educated.

Holy shit you are thick.

Forum List

Back