Poll shows more Americans want Black Lives Matter riots investigated than Jan. 6 Capitol riot — and it's not close

Investigate all you want, it's not going to change the fact that the protests (that have actually went on for years now) have made great strides to address our unjust justice system.

Investigate all you want but we are still going to hold officers accountable. not give up on expanding body camera's. We are no longer going to simply take the word of police officers.

Investigate all you want.
Liberals don't accept even what they see on body-worn cameras such as when a cop shot a knife-wielding teenage girl who was about to stab another teenage girl.

The truth is you blame cops for doing their jobs.

Strangely the GOP didn't want to do the investigating in the Summer of 2020, Fall fo 2020, Winter of 2020.... They did control the Senate...didn't they?

Hmmm... go figure.
The GOP wanted the riots to stop...even offered federal help in stopping them. The Democrat Party butt-lickers described the riots as "mostly peaceful" as they stood with a background scene of a burning building.

Hmmm...go figure.

Daily Wire ^

As Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi picks members of a select committee to investigate the riots of January 6, a new poll finds that many Americans believe she’s focusing on the wrong riots.

One-third more Americans believe Congress should hold investigative hearings about last summer’s “Black Lives Matter protests that sparked violence” than think lawmakers ought to probe the riot at the capitol on January 6.

In all, two out of three likely U.S. voters say they believe Congress should open an official investigation into “the violent protests” which blazed a trail of arson and looting through major and mid-sized cities nationwide. On the other hand, fewer than half (49%) of Americans support Pelosi’s investigation of the D.C. riot in which rioters protesting the 2020 presidential election results stormed the capitol.

Support for a federal inquiry into the riots that engulfed U.S. cities after the death of George Floyd cut deep across racial and political lines. “Sixty-seven percent (67%) of whites, 64% of black voters, 66% of Hispanics and 62% of other minorities think Congress should investigate the 2020 riots in U.S. cities,” reported Rasmussen Reports. “Seventy-five percent (75%) of Republicans, 60% of Democrats and 63% of voters not affiliated with either major party say Congress should investigate last year’s violent protests.”

The Speaker’s controversial select committee stands on shakier ground. Americans were almost evenly divided on whether members of Congress should launch another examination of the Capitol riot, which Pelosi and her fellow Democrats label an “insurrection”: 42% of respondents told pollsters that the event does not merit a national inquest, with 49% in favor. By contrast, only 21% of Americans said Congress should not investigate the riots surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement.

The riots were the most expensive in U.S. history, costing insurance companies an estimated $1 billion to $2 billion, according to Property Claim Services. That estimate only includes the share of the damage insurance companies cover.

The riots also left hundreds of policemen and civilians injured, and dozens killed, in their wake. “Approximately, 72% of major city law enforcement agencies had officers harmed” during last summer’s riots, according to the Major Cities Chiefs Association. A single police agency “reported that 462 of [its] officers were injured during the protests in [its] jurisdiction.”

Tragically, at least 27 people died during the riots.

“Many elected officials of both parties and at all levels followed up, not by apologizing to their citizens for failing to uphold the law, but by accusing police officers of systemic racism, being in need of reform, reimagining and defunding,” said Sgt. Betsy Brantner Smith (Ret), a spokesperson for the National Police Association, in a statement.

The poll also found:

62% of voters believe politicians who downplayed the riots should be criticized, 11 points higher than those who believe politicians should be called out for minimizing the importance of the D.C. riot; 63% believe looters and rioters who broke the law last summer should be charged and criminally prosecuted; 65% say President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris should meet with the family of former St. Louis Police captain David Dorn, who was slain by rioters; 68% believe failing to prosecute “quality of life” crimes like shoplifting make criminals more likely to reoffend; and 76% of likely voters say young people ought to be taught to obey police officers’ lawful commands instead of resisting or fleeing arrest. The results, which come from a poll released by Rasmussen and the National Police Association last Wednesday, follow a poll in April that found 55% of likely voters believe anti-police rhetoric makes police officers’ jobs more dangerous.

----------

NOT Good Enough, I want EVERY Elected Official that Collaborated with them Charged Accordingly
‘black lives matter’ is a racist statement. Boycott blm.

As you know, the Rasmussen polls have been the most accurate since well before the failed Obama administration.

If you don't want to continue showing your ignorance, about this topic, prove the FACTS are wrong rather than whining about the source. All that does is confirm that you have nothing and can only wail in anger.
Rasmussen is the most acurate the same way fox is fair and balanced. That's what they claim to be, but reality says different.

The GOP wanted the riots to stop...even offered federal help in stopping them. The Democrat Party butt-lickers described the riots as "mostly peaceful" as they stood with a background scene of a burning building.

Hmmm...go figure.
That is true...congrats...you made what I'm sure was an uncontrollable carom into the truth.

Its also not what we're talking about in terms of investigating the riots at a congressional level.

That is true...congrats...you made what I'm sure was an uncontrollable carom into the truth.

Its also not what we're talking about in terms of investigating the riots at a congressional level.
...because the Democrat Party is fearful of getting into the summer riots. Their servants, BLM and ANTIFA would be exposed as the instigators/rioters/arsonists and their favorite supporting po-ass victim class as the looters.

...and I'm happy to see you agree with my Democrat Party butt-lickers label for the fake news reporters.

...because the Democrat Party is fearful of getting into the summer riots.
Again, the GOP controlled the Senate up until January of this year. Where was the investigation?
Their servants, BLM and ANTIFA would be exposed as the instigators/rioters/arsonists and their favorite supporting po-ass victim class as the looters.

...and I'm happy to see you agree with my Democrat Party butt-lickers label for the fake news reporters.
LOL...

Butt-licker? You've got Trump's pubic hair in your eyes again I see.

You are still expecting some audit to prove he won one of the states he lost, right? LOL

Rasmussen is the most acurate the same way fox is fair and balanced. That's what they claim to be, but reality says different.
How many Republicans and/or Conservatives are regulars and appear regularly on CNN's, MSNBC's opinion shows daily? You can't name one, can you?

...because the Democrat Party is fearful of getting into the summer riots. Their servants, BLM and ANTIFA would be exposed as the instigators/rioters/arsonists and their favorite supporting po-ass victim class as the looters.

The only real thing they are scared of now is President Trump going on the campaign trail with other Republicans in 22, and even worse yet for them, him running in 2024. The communists in NYC are trying to get his tax returns and so are the communists in Congress. I've been following politics a long time, and I've never seen a party so deathly scared of one person in my entire life.

Jan 6 were a bunch of over excited idiots that dispersed after a few hours.

BLM is a terrorist group that wreaked havoc on multiple cities across the country for over a year, destroyed public and private property, has single handedly caused more racism than anyother group in America's, stole, destroyed, lied, took funding that didn't actually do anything except go in the pockets of BLM leaders, and a whole lot more.

Liberals don't accept even what they see on body-worn cameras such as when a cop shot a knife-wielding teenage girl who was about to stab another teenage girl.

The truth is you blame cops for doing their jobs.
Ya...kinda like you blame the Capitol police.

Are you really this ignorant or are you pretending? The governor's nor the mayor's nor anyone else in those cities would even allow the fed. government to intervene to stop the rioting.
You actually have a point there.

The topic was the congressional investigations. You guys should have had some when you controlled the Senate if you're that eager to have investigations about the BLM riots last summer.

Are you really this ignorant or are you just pretending?

Ya...kinda like you blame the Capitol police.
I blame those that controlled the Capitol police, namely Nancy Pelosi via the Sergeant at Arms and the Chief of Capitol Police in refusing the initial request for National Guard presence before the session began. I don't blame the line officers for following orders to welcome the protestors into the building and hold doors open for them. They were just doing their jobs. I do blame Officer Michael Leroy Byrd for murdering Ashli Babbitt.

How many Republicans and/or Conservatives are regulars and appear regularly on CNN's, MSNBC's opinion shows daily? You can't name one, can you?
Not really sure what hat has to do with rasmussen numbers always being higher for right wingers, and lower for Democrats than any of the other polling sources. ------ every time.

Not really sure what hat has to do with rasmussen numbers always being higher for right wingers, and lower for Democrats than any of the other polling sources. ------ every time.
Perhaps because Rasmussen takes polls from a balanced sampling whereas the other are weighted heavily with liberal respondents.

Forum List

Back