POLL: Serious question for conservatives: Have you given up?

Is the ideological war over, or has it just begun?

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

Real conservatives can win but the Tea Party nonsense and reactionaries have had their 15 minutes of fame.

Time to bring back the GOP big tent, and the Dems have a lot of work to do as well.

I think the R's had one too many presidential candidates of the same ole same ole in the beginning, also, the R's gaining full control of the House and Senate and still being a ''do nothing Congress'' has come back to bite them, making Trump stand out, as an outsider, more appealing than normal.

I think the R's had one too many presidential candidates of the same ole same ole in the beginning, also, the R's gaining full control of the House and Senate and still being a ''do nothing Congress has come back to bite them, making Trump stand out, as an outsider, more appealing than normal.
cool. Now explain Bernie.

YOu're missing the point.

The fight will continue no matter what path the nation takes, or how far it sinks.

The Left will ensure that by increasing over reach and abuse of (mostly) White Americans.

It will just get more and more ugly as time goes on and power continues to shift.

People are tired of not being considered anymore. It isn't about conservatism or liberalism. It is about being an American. BOTH sides are reaching near lunacy. I don't think they care. I mean, I get it. What would be different besides the type of lunacy? Is American focused lunacy worse than corporatism and plutocrats?
I will vote for lunacy over the same old bullshit.

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.

I think the R's had one too many presidential candidates of the same ole same ole in the beginning, also, the R's gaining full control of the House and Senate and still being a ''do nothing Congress has come back to bite them, making Trump stand out, as an outsider, more appealing than normal.
free college, appealing to college age students and the parents of college age student's pocketbooks.

free college

oh noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! the horror!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite a lot of the people who call themselves conservatives these day don't know a conservative principle when it bites them in the crotch.

I have just about given up. The love of Trump and Putin has made me feel everything is hopeless.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.
"they believe in individual liberty? What radical nut jobs! They are so anti-American believing in the whole concept of America and what-not"

Quite a lot of the people who call themselves conservatives these day don't know a conservative principle when it bites them in the cock.

I have just about given up. The love of Trump and Putin has made me feel everything is hopeless.
PERFECT example of a Reagan conservative. AKA Corporate Democrat :)

Am I right or wrong?

"they believe in individual liberty? What radical nut jobs! They are so anti-American believing in the whole concept of America and what-not"

their liberty stops at others' noses.

and no, I don't want to live in a world where I can't be served because some freak doesn't like jews.

PredFan's calling for revolution while simultaneously hoping for a Sanders win. There must be a name for that kind of cognitive dissonance, but I haven't found it yet.

Am I right or wrong?

========

Republicans are like little 4 year old girls throwing a tantrum in the grocery store === laying on the floor === kicking their heels and screaming at the top of their voice === because Mommy won't buy them candy, because they can't make sure the Supreme Court stays packed in their favor.

Am I right or wrong?

========

Republicans are like little 4 year old girls throwing a tantrum in the grocery store === laying on the floor === kicking their heels and screaming at the top of their voice === because Mommy won't buy them candy, because they can't make sure the Supreme Court stays packed in their favor.

I really wish that wasn't true. but the "Base" is like that. I feel badly for actual conservatives.

free college

oh noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! the horror!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is why that scares some of the wags here:

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov... in 1980​

The Limblobian cult absolutely depends on a culture of ignorance.

Forum List

Back