Poll of native americans shows that "Redskins" doesn't offend them

Uuummmmm...... Wonder what my redskin side has to say about this? Nope, doesn't have a problem with it....... neither does my honky side. Well I'm good to go. :thup:
I always pictured you as a Spanish pirate...
What's funny is many Hispanics think I'm Hispanic, I've had people think I'm of Swabian German descent. Was dating a Chicana in senior high, she sent a picture to her grandmother who proclaimed I looked like a nice Mexican boy........ I don't have any Spanish in me whatsoever and my grandfather was Ojibwa (Upper Michigan). :lol:

why should it, they dont' use that name for themselves.
it would be like calling a team dragon, it's just a word.

Our academic system and culture seek to create a society filled with sensitive Umbrage Takers. The Umbrage Takers' job is to find things which can be construed as hurtful and/or offensive, so that White Males can be made to look bad.

The fact that some people in the putatively offended group are not sensitive enough to take offense does not change the fact that the language (in this case, "Redskins") has been declared offensive by the cognizant Umbrage Taker.

As I have previously written in this space, if the Washington (DC) football team wishes to adopt a name that will strike terror in its opponents' hearts, there are many tasty options available:

• Revenuers,
  • Beltway Bandits,
  • Lawyers,
  • Politicians,
  • Bureaucrats,
  • Lobbyists.

Forum List

Back