Poll: McConnell-Backed Candidate Slumps in Alabama as Pro-Trump Mo Brooks Surges in Final Days

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Republicans oppose Trump at their peril. The days of the establishment are numbered.

About a week out from the all-important GOP primary for the U.S. Senate seat in Alabama vacated by now-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Washington, DC, establishment candidate is slumping as two pro-President Trump conservatives surge. A new poll provided exclusively to Breitbart News by JMC Analytics, a Louisiana-based polling firm, shows Luther Strange tapering off in the polls as Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) surges behind him and former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore remains steady in first place.

The poll shows Moore at 30 percent, Strange at 22 percent, and Brooks at 19 percent. Others combine for a total of 12 percent, while 17 percent are undecided. The poll of 500 Alabamians likely to vote in next Tuesday’s primary was conducted from August 5 to August 6—during the weekend—with a 95 percent confidence interval and a margin of error of 4.4 percent. Assuming these numbers are accurate, they show Brooks surging behind Strange inside the margin of error in the final days—a silent majority similar to the one that elected President Donald Trump—while Moore maintains a solid lead at the top.

Republicans oppose Trump at their peril. The days of the establishment are numbered.

About a week out from the all-important GOP primary for the U.S. Senate seat in Alabama vacated by now-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Washington, DC, establishment candidate is slumping as two pro-President Trump conservatives surge. A new poll provided exclusively to Breitbart News by JMC Analytics, a Louisiana-based polling firm, shows Luther Strange tapering off in the polls as Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) surges behind him and former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore remains steady in first place.

The poll shows Moore at 30 percent, Strange at 22 percent, and Brooks at 19 percent. Others combine for a total of 12 percent, while 17 percent are undecided. The poll of 500 Alabamians likely to vote in next Tuesday’s primary was conducted from August 5 to August 6—during the weekend—with a 95 percent confidence interval and a margin of error of 4.4 percent. Assuming these numbers are accurate, they show Brooks surging behind Strange inside the margin of error in the final days—a silent majority similar to the one that elected President Donald Trump—while Moore maintains a solid lead at the top.

The establishment has to understand that the anti-establishment sentiment is evident on both sides of the aisle. Voters want change, and those not willing to support policies of change as outlined in the Federal election are going to pay the price.

In my opinion such change is inevitable if the West wishes to remain free and successful, whether Trump or someone else, it must be done. As it stands, Trump is the best chance especially with his relentless willingness to fight back.

Last edited:
I am voting for Brooks, but he has been seriously damaged by the attack ads run by Luther Strange

I WILL NOT vote for "Big Luther"

we ARE getting a runoff on this - book it

Unfortunately, I think the runoff will be between Moore & Strange & I will have to pull the lever for the judge

Strange is a worthless piece of shit and as far as I am concerned he can DIAF

he slow rolled an investigation into our corrupt governor in exchange for the appointment to the Senate

he has run a fraudulent ad campaign that is nothing but lies & distortion

interestingly, Chuck Norris endorses Roy Moore today

Have to admit this surprises me

It will probably help him a lot

Celebrity endorsements don't always help much, but I think this one will

LINK

quote:
"Judge Roy Moore is the real deal," Norris said in a statement announcing his support Monday. "He's tough, tested, and has a spine of steel."

Forum List

Back