• I'm a Republican. Yes, my party is Centrist

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I'm a Republican. No my party is not Centrist

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I'm a Democrat. Yes, my party is Centrist

• I'm a Democrat. No, my party is not Centrist

• I'm neither, and I bet both parties say they're Centrist.

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I'm told on another thread (CDZ - Could it be too late for a viable third party?) that the Democratic Party is Centrist. Of course, I've been told the same things by Republicans.

Let's find out!

And feel free to define "Centrist". The working definition for this thread will be "Centrist means that my party strikes a good balance of the priorities and wishes of the largest number of Americans."

If you don't feel your party is Centrist, then, perhaps you feel that it has strayed off too far to its end of the political spectrum and needs to rethink where it is.

Go!

Last edited:
I'm told on another thread (CDZ - Could it be too late for a viable third party?) that the Democratic Party is Centrist. Of course, I've been told the same things by Republicans.

Let's find out!

And feel free to define "Centrist". The working definition for this thread will be "Centrist means that my party strikes a good balance of the priorities and wishes of the largest number of Americans."

If you don't feel your party is Centrist, then, perhaps you feel that it has strayed off too far to its end of the political spectrum and needs to rethink where it is.

Go!

Centrist is a neat word...today’s Centrist stands for nothing and falls for everything.

Let's find out!

Go!
As described here...

Political scientists, using DW-Nominate scores, have concluded that the Republicans now in Congress are much further to the right of congressional Republicans in the 1970s and 1980s. And even anecdotally, figures like former House Speaker John Boehner, Ohio Gov. John Kasich and the late Arizona Sen. John McCain — considered solid conservatives in the George H.W. Bush era — found themselves cast as insufficiently right-wing by the party’s base in recent years.

no....I have no party.
"Centrists" are gutless, intellectually plodding, statist saps.
So if a party were to strike a good balance of the priorities and wishes of the largest number of Americans, that's a bad thing?

Mac, let go buddy...this nation is no longer likeminded at all...multiculturalism / diversity finally fucked us over.
There is no common ground...Sorry

Let's find out!

Go!
As described here...

Political scientists, using DW-Nominate scores, have concluded that the Republicans now in Congress are much further to the right of congressional Republicans in the 1970s and 1980s. And even anecdotally, figures like former House Speaker John Boehner, Ohio Gov. John Kasich and the late Arizona Sen. John McCain — considered solid conservatives in the George H.W. Bush era — found themselves cast as insufficiently right-wing by the party’s base in recent years.
Okay, so the Democrats are Centrist, they have not moved Left?

Let's find out!

Go!
As described here...

Okay, so the Democrats are Centrist, they have not moved Left?
They moved right.

Mac, let go buddy...this nation is no longer likeminded at all...multiculturalism / diversity finally fucked us over.
From your perspective, and within the context of your temperament, and within your universe, yes, I agree.

But that's not everyone. I'll hold out hope that there are still enough people who can pull this country out of the mud.

From your perspective, and within the context of your temperament, and within your universe, yes, I agree.

But that's not everyone. I'll hold out hope that there are still enough people who can pull this country out of the mud.

I should let you know that I commend you for trying your nuts off but I’m telling you, we’ve all been where you’re at some point...then we realized that ship sailed. No nation can be as diverse as this shithole has become and still be united...it’s just not a realistic expectation.
Americans have become foreign on their own soil...entire cities have been taken over by Mexico...and some white guilt whackos side against their fellow countrymen. Ain’t happening bud...real Americans are pissed and they want their country back.

no....I have no party.
So if a party were to strike a good balance of the priorities and wishes of the largest number of Americans, that's a bad thing?
There's no balance between poison and nourishment...Disease and health.

Most of the "priorities and wishes" of the (m)asses involve aggressively stealing from one individual, in order to feather the nests of another.

The State is a cancer.

no....I have no party.

You support Trump, so you are a republican. I don't blame you for being too embarrassed to admit that fact.

Let's find out!

Go!
As described here...

Total horseshit....Today's neocon republicans aren't significantly distinguishable from LBJ.

no....I have no party.

You support Trump, so you are a republican. I don't blame you for being too embarrassed to admit that fact.
I don't support him as much as I completely loathe Marxist assholes like you.

Yet you're still a republican. Embrace your true feelings, dumb ass.
I haven't been a republican, nor have voted for any, since 1994....I quit voting altogether in 2000.

Just because someone doesn't wake up every morning looking for ways that the Cheeto can piss them off, and because they don't see RUSSIANS! behind every bush, that doesn't make them a republican.

But you still are a slimy Marxist.

no....I have no party.

I don't support him as much as I completely loathe Marxist assholes like you.

Yet you're still a republican. Embrace your true feelings, dumb ass.
I haven't been a republican, nor have voted for any, since 1994....I quit voting altogether in 2000.

Just because someone doesn't wake up every morning looking for ways that the Cheeto can piss them off, and because they don't see RUSSIANS! behind every bush, that doesn't make them a republican.

But you still are a slimy Marxist.

You support his goofy agenda. You're a republican.

Let's find out!

Go!

It remains to be seen if the Democrats are centrist - they've hit their Tea Party moment and it could pull the party much further left. Then will they follow the Republican model and purge the centrists from their party?

Centrist Democrats strike back at leftward lurch

Let's find out!

Go!

It remains to be seen if the Democrats are centrist - they've hit their Tea Party moment and it could pull the party much further left. Then will they follow the Republican model and purge the centrists from their party?

Centrist Democrats strike back at leftward lurch
When 3 people have as much wealth as half the country, something's gotta give.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back