Politics and Inflation

Trump was the shittiest president I've ever seen. Biden is painful as well but he is safe and boring and isn't going to fuck up as much as Trump. And of course Trumps promises were deliberate lies, I don't think he spends more than a minute trying to figure out how things actually work. He says what he thinks sounds good and will make people cheer and then he relies on his "team" to get it done. If they don't he blames them or somebody else... Never his fault

Pure ignorance. What specific polices of Trump damaged America? Please don't start with the tweets and racism elementary garbage. Seems to me that Biden removed as many Trump policies as he could but not because they were bad but just because he had to appease the far left and the mental midgets that fell for the "orange man bad" mantra the MSM shouted for years. Biden withdrew every Trump policy on the border and look what is going on.

Trump was the shittiest president I've ever seen. Biden is painful as well but he is safe and boring and isn't going to fuck up as much as Trump. And of course Trumps promises were deliberate lies, I don't think he spends more than a minute trying to figure out how things actually work. He says what he thinks sounds good and will make people cheer and then he relies on his "team" to get it done. If they don't he blames them or somebody else... Never his fault
1. Trump had the best economy in history before Covid hit. Record low unemployment and increasing wages.
2. Trump had the southern border solved
3. Trump developed vaccines in record time
4. Trump brought jobs back to the US
4. Trump's promises kept list is an amazing accomplishment

Now take a look at Xiden's list of failures and catastrophes:
Everything Xiden touches turns to shit
The Brits hold him in CONTEMPT
The French pulled their ambassador
He pissed off the Canadians by killing the KeystoneXL pipeline
He sold us out to Putin by approving the Nord Stream 2 pipeline giving Putin cash to modernize his military. That's why Xiden is "Putin's Whore".
Hope he enjoys the $millions the Moscow Mayor's wife sent the Bidens
Hope he enjoys the $1,500,000,000 that China gave Hunter to "invest"
The southern border is another Xiden catastrophe after Trump had it SOLVED
Runaway inflation will just get worse if the dems pass their "infrastructure" bills, that will be Solyndra on steroids, not to mention the $200,000,000 for Nancy’s park in San Francisco.
Xiden is ruining the US energy sector with his stupid EOs.
Xiden is so dumb he can't even do fake press conferences to answer "ice cream" questions.
Xiden is a gaffe machine, his brain is defective, and he has the nuclear football, WTF???
I could go on and on, but you see Trump was at least 1,000,000x better as president than stupid Joe

And I complimented you on your math and then responded with thoughts about real life experience vs antidotal speculation. You think the family of 5 is living the good life with their benefits because of your math and how you think they are living... Then go see for yourself if your theory is true and if they really are living the good life... Why wouldn't you want to see it with your own eyes?

They shouldn't be living the good life. In the hypothetical I gave the adult is not working and has 5 kids. What do you expect? Should she be driving a Mercedes? Give me that income with that family and we would be living a decent life all the while not working. The difference is I wouldn't be spending my stimulus check on the next iPhone or buying a car I really couldn't afford. Therein lies why some of us are successful and some aren't.

DBA There is this show called "30 days" that used to air in the early 2000's. The host would pick hot topic issues and then go live them for 30 days to actually experience what they are like. He would do it personally for some episodes and then for many episodes he would follow others doing it. For example, he got a border patrol agent and illegal immigration hard ass to live with a family of illegals for 30 days. And an religious anti-gay person to live with a gay family for 30 days... etc. Its an interesting show about perspective and real life experience. I recommend you check it out.

1. Trump had the best economy in history before Covid hit. Record low unemployment and increasing wages.

He sold us out to Putin by approving the Nord Stream 2 pipeline giving Putin cash to modernize his military. That's why Xiden is "Putin's Whore".
Runaway inflation will just get worse if the dems pass their "infrastructure" bills, that will be Solyndra on steroids, not to mention the $200,000,000 for Nancy’s park in San Francisco.
Xiden is so dumb he can't even do fake press conferences to answer "ice cream" questions.
Xiden is a gaffe machine, his brain is defective, and he has the nuclear football, WTF???
I could go on and on, but you see Trump was at least 1,000,000x better as president than stupid Joe

I can't figure you out. You like Trump but you didn't like the tax cuts I presume?

Yep, the Laffer Curve is total bullshit:
Conservatives everywhere condemn the use of tax increases for fear of the Laffer Curve. This is the idea that if taxes are too high, people will lose the incentive to work and therefore tax revenue will actually decrease. It is most famous for its counter-intuitive argument that a tax cut could increase revenue. Unfortunately there is little or no evidence to support this claim. History clearly shows that cutting taxes does not increase revenue. The Laffer curve is a political idea used to justify tax cuts for the rich. It is not based on sound economics.

When Reagan cut taxes that spurred economic growth after Carter's "malaise" and "stagflation".
But that was the only time cutting taxes ever increased tax revenue.
There is, however, a range of tax rate percentage that will produce the maximum revenue. Obviously, there has to be because if the rate is 0%, it will generate no revenue and if it is 100% it will also produce no revenue. That means that somewhere between the two extremes is a range of tax rates that will maximize revenue while minimizing the disincentive to work. Unfortunately, Congress isn't interested in maximizing revenue.

And Trump was "popular" with allies? LOL

I do agree that but for covid, he'd probably have been reelected. Now as for Trump bringing back jobs, or solving immigration or the "best econ" evah .... those are subjective/debatable.

DBA There is this show called "30 days" that used to air in the early 2000's. The host would pick hot topic issues and then go live them for 30 days to actually experience what they are like. He would do it personally for some episodes and then for many episodes he would follow others doing it. For example, he got a border patrol agent and illegal immigration hard ass to live with a family of illegals for 30 days. And an religious anti-gay person to live with a gay family for 30 days... etc. Its an interesting show about perspective and real life experience. I recommend you check it out.

Ok, but you know I was waiting tables when I got out of college making next to nothing at that time. I never filled my car up with gas because I didn't have the money. What I didn't do was ever expect help from the government and what I did do was make sure that waiting tables making what I was making was not going to be my last resort. Maybe it would do those on government assistance some good to work a day in the life of someone who is working to get some perspective on what they would need to do to make the money they are being given.

I can't figure you out. You like Trump but you didn't like the tax cuts I presume?
Correct. I like the corporate tax cuts to keep corporations from moving out of the US, but the personal tax cuts were a mistake. Someone needs to pay the bills, I like when the folks that own 90% of everything pay up. Remember when Leona Helmsley said "only little people pay taxes"? Here is how much better the wealthy have done over time:
1633371699435.png

I posted the facts about what they receive. You are attempting to make the argument that evidently that is not enough because they still have a horrible life. What more do you want us to do? Maybe if we gave them the equivalent of 150k/yr they would do better? What the heck, according to the Democrats the cost is zero as long as the "rich" pay for it.
I have never once said that what they should get more money. I'm actually not a fan of just sending people checks, I think there should be resources provided so they don't lose their homes or starve their children but there needs to be accountability and a system that promotes self reliance. I'm simply telling you that you sound like you lack perspective and real life experience and that simply cutting welfare is going to have many negative consequences that it doesn't sound like you're considering. There is a better route with reform and additional resources that will better serve that situation. I though this thread was about inflation though

Pure ignorance. What specific polices of Trump damaged America? Please don't start with the tweets and racism elementary garbage. Seems to me that Biden removed as many Trump policies as he could but not because they were bad but just because he had to appease the far left and the mental midgets that fell for the "orange man bad" mantra the MSM shouted for years. Biden withdrew every Trump policy on the border and look what is going on.
Why not bring up the tweets and personality stuff? Thats the heart of why I think he was a horrible leader and damaging president.

My family works hard and is rewarded accordingly, minus the already very high taxes we pay. I prefer this system unless the taxes continue to rise. If so, we can cut back on work and move to Canada, albeit taking a hit on the quality of life our current income affords. No reason to work simply to pay for those that won't. If I might add, the US is much more culturally diverse than Canada. Despite all the leftists blabber, that diversity actually makes it quite a bit more difficult to come together and agree to a system that works for everyone and still maintains the tenants of our society which made the US the greatest country on earth.
That which became the greatest country on earth has fallen behind on appropriate government spending, at which you're hinting of coming.

I'll take your word for being financially above the problem, even though inflation sinks all boats.
But there's no way of glossing over the fact that America's working people have been short-changed.

If Trump succeeds at becoming president again, the biggest leg up he can get is Biden's succeeding on something close to the 3.5 trillion. If not then Trump inherits a huge issue that will be against his grain to even acknowledge.

How is America more culturally diverse than Canada?

You're wrong.
The only western country to break into the top 20 most diverse is Canada. The United States ranks near the middle, slightly more diverse than Russia but slightly less diverse than Spain.

Last edited:
Do you know how much money Trumps tax cuts shaved off the deficit? and how much money he took off our debt during his 4 years?

Again, how does the Build America Back Better Act make it MORE likely that people who worked before the pandemic (and govt shut down while Trump was potus) will choose to remain unemployed?

Why not bring up the tweets and personality stuff? Thats the heart of why I think he was a horrible leader and damaging president.

Not for a pragmatic person. Would you choose the nice, gentile surgeon who is partially blind with a terrible track record vs the surgeon with no bedside manner who can be a jerk but has a great track record. The proof is in the pudding with regards to Trump as it is with Biden. Biden seems nice, in a Walmart greeter kind of way, but that doesn't make him a good president, in fact, FAR from it.

Do you know how much money Trumps tax cuts shaved off the deficit? and how much money he took off our debt during his 4 years?

Both parties spend too much, no doubt about that. Not sure why you would even bring this up if you support Biden.

Dude, really?!
1. The USA had the best economy in history, Trump did not turn a magic key, the economic output and employment was on a 10+ year run that started will before Trump
2. Look at the border numbers in 2018-2019... Surging... Nothing was solved
3. Drug companies developed vaccines, not Trump. Trump cut red tape so the drugs could hit the market quicker than usual but by they time they hit he had his supporters so full of hate and mistrust of the government that we are still looking at 70 million eligible people who won't take the shot, many of which are Trump supporters. #Fail
4. I applaud his efforts to bring jobs back to America... Biden is doing the same thing
5. Haha, his list of lies and distortions is even more of an amazing accomplishment, I think it was up to 30K during his presidency

Correct. I like the corporate tax cuts to keep corporations from moving out of the US, but the personal tax cuts were a mistake. Someone needs to pay the bills, I like when the folks that own 90% of everything pay up. Remember when Leona Helmsley said "only little people pay taxes"? Here is how much better the wealthy have done over time:
View attachment 547403

And the "wealthy" in your mind are those making over $400k/yr?

Dude, really?!
1. The USA had the best economy in history, Trump did not turn a magic key, the economic output and employment was on a 10+ year run that started will before Trump
2. Look at the border numbers in 2018-2019... Surging... Nothing was solved
3. Drug companies developed vaccines, not Trump. Trump cut red tape so the drugs could hit the market quicker than usual but by they time they hit he had his supporters so full of hate and mistrust of the government that we are still looking at 70 million eligible people who won't take the shot, many of which are Trump supporters. #Fail
4. I applaud his efforts to bring jobs back to America... Biden is doing the same thing
5. Haha, his list of lies and distortions is even more of an amazing accomplishment, I think it was up to 30K during his presidency

Good God you are so confused. Too much CNN will do that to you.

And Trump was "popular" with allies? LOL

I do agree that but for covid, he'd probably have been reelected. Now as for Trump bringing back jobs, or solving immigration or the "best econ" evah .... those are subjective/debatable.
Trump made the deadbeat "NATO allies" pay $100b, and that made NATO stronger, so said NATO Secretary Stoltenberg. So I don't care how "popular" Trump was, he was good for NATO.

Did you miss my Xiden list? Maybe you don't know:

As for the best economy, the unemployment rate before Covid hit was the best in about 50-years, almost the best ever.
1633372105155.png

Trump did have the border solved, CPB sent the illegals back to Mexioco to wait for their hearing.
It was perfect. Now Xiden has millions of infected migrants invading. Total failure.

Forum List

Back