Politics and Inflation

Bill Gates would think the same about you. It is all about perspective. If you grew up with parents on food stamps in the projects, getting paid to stay there isn't such a bad option as compared to not having any more money and having to work for it.
Do you say this from experience or speculation?

It's not a time to reduce spending, it's a time to increase spending and especially on the infrastructure, on which both sides are in agreement.
Along with that comes some inflation of course.
For America to catch up with the necessity is going to bring substantial inflation.

And here come the excuses for inflation.

You can now thanks to Biden. It is fully refundable and the earned income requirement has been removed.

Damn, I did not realize that. Thanks. No longer have dependents and I have not been without a job except 4 weeks since I was 15...thus I do not really pay attention to such things.

Yes, a family of 5 on welfare and SNAP, getting stimulus and child tax credits is doing pretty well. There is very little incentive to work a job that doesn't pay at least 50k/yr and these folks don't typically have the skills to do such jobs.
I have a family member that hasn’t worked in years. Lives with his parents who pay all the bills. He made out pretty well…two stimulus checks and unemployment. The government vetted the recipients about as well as they vetted all the illegals they let loose in the country.

They're not willing to work for wages on which people can't survive. A minimum wage would help but inflation comes with it.

I can guarantee you they would work if they weren't given more money to stay home.

WTG Klanocrats, inflation destroys people's savings and it hurts poor people
Yes! But it's come down to a point at which spending can't be put off much longer. Take the infrastruture for example.

America should have stayed abreast of the necessary spending and it wouldn't be in a 'catch up' situation now.

The Trump Jan.6th. charge against government was only a taste of what's to come from Americans that are discontent. It will happen again if the problem isn't addressed and the next leader might not go home and watch his plan play out on t.v.

Do you say this from experience or speculation?

Did you make your statement from experience or speculation? Your standard of living is likely quite a bit lower than Bill Gate's. He would probably have a difficult time losing some of his luxuries.

I can guarantee you they would work if they weren't given more money to stay home.
Maybe some would but taking away social programs only results in more crime and corruption.

In truth, a price must eventually be paid and you are right about it bringing inflation.

Do you know of any countries in the world where your plan has been proven to work?

Oh no, heaven forbid we provide food stamps to help poor people eat and feed their families... What a waste of money as those funds nourish the pour and go to grocery stores so they can keep their shelves stocked and so they can pay their employees all of which ends up being taxed and paid back to the government as those funds cycle through the economy. Sounds like the devils work to me!!!! Wanna go protest? I'll make signs!
It goes to the point of the conversation that with the Stimulus,Child credits,xtra unemployment… plus the increase in food stamps. People were making well over 40/50K to stay home. More than they could ever make working. And they will continue to stay home as long as the extra money keeps flooding in.

Did you make your statement from experience or speculation? Your standard of living is likely quite a bit lower than Bill Gate's. He would probably have a difficult time losing some of his luxuries.
America's standard of living or quality of life has declined to 14th. in the world. There's a good reason why people could be persuaded to march on Jan.6th and be led by an expressed plan to overthrow government!

Pretty rude to answer a question with a question. Let me set an example for how to give a direct response to a direct question before asking one of your own.

My girl has worked for a school district that is 90% government assistance as a counselor for years. I hear on a near daily basis the struggles that these kids and families go through. I am fortunate enough to coach for a very well funded school so I see the opposite side of the coin and a completely different set of issues the kids deal with. And yes, many kids from welfare families don't know how to budget and they don't aspire for college or careers because they think the gov will send them a check. I'm not dismissing that as a problem. I'm saying there is much more to the puzzle.

Now I'll ask again... When you say that a family of 5 is doing just fine living off welfare is that from experience or speculation. Be honest please

Do Democrats still remain in the dark regarding the actual cause of inflation and that it here to stay as long as the giveaway from Democrats continue? I have been talking about inflation being a long term issue for quite some time while the Democratic "experts" were behind the curve, as usual. The Fed is still behind the curve here. Inflation is here to stay as long as the Democrats are running the show. Mac, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Inflation hits 30-year high in key gauge watched by Fed
Do the Republican's understand the fundamentals of what causes inflation because they were part of the great spending spree along with creating deficient and debt spending in the US along with the Dems...

Maybe some would but taking away social programs only results in more crime and corruption.

In truth, a price must eventually be paid and you are right about it bringing inflation.

Do you know of any countries in the world where your plan has been proven to work?

You mean the plan NOT to pay people to stay home? Maybe you should name a country where your plan for paying people not to work has been a successful strategy.

And here come the excuses for inflation.
You were right about inflation coming and you will be right about the excuses and reasons for inflation too.

Is the rotting and crumbling infrastructure an excuse or is it a genuine reason whey some inflation must be accepted?
Or would you try to do a 180 on inflation and say it won't be coming?

America now needs big spending and it's not just on the infrastructure.

The world is full of examples of democracies falling for lack of!

Why is it that the government's pouring $600B/yr into the military industrial complex never causes conservatives to worry about inflation, but putting $350B/yr into projects that directly benefit the American people makes them pitch fits about inflation?
It would be nice if the spending would directly benefit the American people. Do you even know what's in it?

You can now thanks to Biden. It is fully refundable and the earned income requirement has been removed.
you continue to mix and match child tax credits and EITC. They are not the same. Under both the dems recovery and build back america bills, child tax credits do phase down for higher earners.

It's debatable whether the income limits are overly generous

If the government flooding the economy with $5.5T will cause massive inflation, then the solution would be to pull an equal amount of money out of the economy by taxing the wealthy.
1. You couldn't get that much out of the wealthy.
2. What you could get would be gotten once, then it would disappear. John Kerry would make his wealth vanish.

What, you think they're stupid and will just sit there waiting to be taxed into oblivion?

I wasn't arguing about inflation due to supply chain issues. Try to follow the context of the argument.

Giving all the world's wealth to a bunch of lazy assholes sitting at home in their mansions and making no real contribution to the economy is the REAL problem.
The funny thing is, no one's GIVING any wealthy person anything, they're earning it. The other thing is, the idle rich are awesome. Paris Hilton can pump more money into the economy on a weekend shopping trip than I can all year.

The wealthy people of the world do not earn their money. They are expert thieves and trust fund babies.

The $5.5T in infrastructure spending isn't going for federal assistance programs (so cut the BULLSHIT), its going to fund infrastructure projects. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs and increase the total value of the American economy far more than it costs.
1. There's no $5.5 T going into infrastructure. You need to disabuse yourself of that fallacy.
2. The first generation wealthy of the world earn every penny they have. The second and third generation wealthy may or may not earn more, depending on their character.

You mean the plan NOT to pay people to stay home? Maybe you should name a country where your plan for paying people not to work has been a successful strategy.
Unfortunately America needs more spending on the welfare of the people now, not less. Stopping paying people not to work, as you describe social assistance, is only going to increase if it's not addressed by social change.
The OP got it right about the coming inflation.
Pay then a minimum of 15 bucks and some will go to work. And then accept the inflation that comes with that.

Forum List

Back