Political question for Leftists. What do you not like about the Constitution?

No, it is not restricted. During the war on terror, the US Forces had to abide by the Bill of Rights for all the people they encountered.
Have you heard of GITMO. And how the people there have never been indicted. Or tried.

Yes, and those responsible for holding people at GITMO clearly are guilty of violating US law as well as international law.
Isn't a trial necessary to deem someone guilty?

Here is what I want to have changed in the constitution:

Regularly scheduled Constitutional Conventions to further perfect the document. For example, I can't find anything in the document that says a bill must get 50% yea votes to pass. Meaning that the House or Senate or both could pass a rule on their own saying that bills must pass by unanimous votes...or they could pass with a single "yea" vote. If I'm wrong, please tell me where in the constitution does it prohibit the political hacks from doing just that?

We need to codify how congressional districts are drawn since it has become completely political. The voters are supposed to select the representatives...currently the representatives are selecting the voters they want to represent.

Right now the constitution gives each house complete control over it's own rules. So what you say can happen, but only if they can change to the new rule, while voting under the old rule. Which is why the senate required the "nuclear option" to get past the filibuster, because they don't have enough votes (66 required) to change the filibuster rule.
We should codify it so it cannot happen. Just like we should codify how the impeachment is handled. Apparently, the SOTH can hold on to the impeachment indictment for an undetermined amount of time.

As for congressional districts, they should hand that over to a computer program, that would use natural boundaries to draw the lines. Ideally representatives should represent people of like needs, as each one should vote to represent their district, and not in general.
I disagree completely.

A representative should do their best to represent whomever is in their district. The contiguous nature of districts is a joke at this point with the sole purpose of the district lines to be holding on to a seat in the Congress.

I’m cool with it as written

After all, Liberals did write the Constituition
And Leftists fled to England.
Wrong again Skippy
The Torries were the Conservatives. They went to England
A liberal and leftist are two distinct creatures, Skippy.
You can try to argue you’re just like the Founding Fathers as you strictly follow every order the government gives you suppressing your liberties and your attacks on God.

Wrong again Skippy
You can try to argue you’re just like the Founding Fathers as you strictly follow every order the government gives you suppressing your liberties and your attacks on God.
damn......what a Drama Queen

We the People (Liberals) created a more perfect union
A Government of the people, by the people and for the people

Wrong again Skippy

Ah. That’s why people going inside the peoples house scares the piss out of you.
Now follow every order the government gives you. Stay inside, see no one, wear two masks 7/24, but it’s ok to riot.

Wrong again Skippy

Ah. That’s why people going inside the peoples house scares the piss out of you.
Now follow every order the government gives you. Stay inside, see no one, wear two masks 7/24, but it’s ok to riot.
Gotta laugh at conservatives still whining about wearing a freaking mask.

You sound just like Margie Greene claiming masks are just like the Holocaust

It seems most on the left want the Constitution radically changed.

What changes do you want to make to it that will result in the USA being a better place to live?
I would eliminate the 2nd Amendment, ban the death penalty, ban discrimination based on race, creed, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or physical disability. I would dictate the minimum accommodations states must make during the conduct of federal elections (early voting, universal absentee ballots) and make federal elections direct - eliminate the Electoral College. I would require that the president's power to make nominations of any sort end 3 months prior to the next presidential election but that nomination before that point must be taken up and voted on by the Senate before the end of term.

I would clarify the power of public health authorities to temporarily abrogate civil rights of travel and the operation of businesses. I would make EUA-approved or better vaccinations against potentially lethal communicable diseases a hard criteria for attending public schools, or working in a public business.

I completely disagree with your initial premise. The events of January 6th and the majority of Republicans who think this past election was invalid show that it is the RIGHT who seek to radically change the Constitution.

True, we could see better laws written and enacted at state levels.

However, since more States are organized 50/50 half Liberal and half Conservatives, that is why I recommend delegating some social policies to be decided and managed by party precinct or district level, democratically, so people can get the solutions that represent them WITHOUT compromising or imposing one party over another.

With issues like prochoice/prolife, and now vaccines, neither side of these conflicts agrees to majority rule deciding or dictating for the other half opposed.

The state or federal levels would need to reform laws better written and crafted to accommodate people equally, majority or minority, regardless of beliefs.

The only measure of how government can treat all of us equally ... Is what they don't do for anyone ... :thup:

The problems we suffer are more closely associated with people who want to leverage opinions outside of their community.
If you want 50 people to compromise, come to agreements, and just damn learn how to live with each other ... Adding another 5000 isn't going to get you there.

It's not some big, upside down massive problem ...
It's people neglecting their responsibilities, kicking the can to next level, and bitching about their failures.

Last edited:
The first sentence simplifies what happened on Jan 6th.

What then follows is a string of strawman arguments.

Winner by judicial or majority rule
Still does not justify abusing govt to
Establish religion or faith based bias in belief in public policy where it violates beliefs of others and discriminates by creed.

We just haven't yet agreed how to manage political beliefs and creeds.

Until we do, there is competition to bully and force political beliefs through govt.

Technically this is not Constitutional, we just don't agree yet how to change or correct the system to prevent imposition.

We all want to stop abuses and corruption.

But don't agree how, where half the nation wants to reduce dependence on federal govt and half want federal govt to make the corrections as central authority.

They can make whatever corrections they want at the state level.
If they cannot manage to get what they want without leveraging the opinions of those in major metro areas outside their state,
then they need to come up with better legislation that addresses the concerns of more people within their state.

If they have to cut their wish list down to the bare necessities, so be it.
It can be done, and it can be done with fiscal responsibility.

Nothing is stopping them except their greedy desire to rule it all.
Do you suppose you could left justify your posts? It's hard to read when it's centered.

Do you suppose you could left justify your posts? It's hard to read when it's centered.

Sorry Chief ... I do that for me, not necessarily every reader ... :auiqs.jpg:
I have my faults ... If people don't want to stick with it, they may or may not miss something worthwhile.

Wrong again Skippy
Guys.

Weatherman is right that liberals and leftists are two different distinctions.

The wide-brush definition of a liberal is someone who seeks social change to fix social problems. In 1789, the social program was the distant monarchy and today they are (in the liberals' minds, you don't have to agree) social injustice, gun violence, inequality, and so on. Because they had such drastically different issues, the "classical" liberals of then had different priorities and specific beliefs than the "modern" liberals of now -- but they're all liberals, seeking change.

Leftists, again broadly speaking, believe that everyone should receive equal benefits of society, regardless of station, demographics, or contribution. Like everything in politics, these are a spectrum rather than on-off switches, so some may be more one than the other, but generally speaking these days, most liberals are leftists and vice versa.

Back to 1789, Rightwinger is correct that the Constitution was clearly a liberal and a leftist document, because it sought both change and equality. The Tories who resisted or left were defending a conservative and a right-wing (aristocratic, in this case) position.

Forgive me if I over-explain.

Guys.

Weatherman is right that liberals and leftists are two different distinctions.

The wide-brush definition of a liberal is someone who seeks social change to fix social problems. In 1789, the social program was the distant monarchy and today they are (in the liberals' minds, you don't have to agree) social injustice, gun violence, inequality, and so on. Because they had such drastically different issues, the "classical" liberals of then had different priorities and specific beliefs than the "modern" liberals of now -- but they're all liberals, seeking change.

Leftists, again broadly speaking, believe that everyone should receive equal benefits of society, regardless of station, demographics, or contribution. Like everything in politics, these are a spectrum rather than on-off switches, so some may be more one than the other, but generally speaking these days, most liberals are leftists and vice versa.

Back to 1789, Rightwinger is correct that the Constitution was clearly a liberal and a leftist document, because it sought both change and equality. The Tories who resisted or left were defending a conservative and a right-wing (aristocratic, in this case) position.

Forgive me if I over-explain.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say that Democrats lied as usual, and just started calling themselves Liberals.

What changes do you want to make to it that will result in the USA being a better place to live?
I would eliminate the 2nd Amendment, ban the death penalty, ban discrimination based on race, creed, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or physical disability. I would dictate the minimum accommodations states must make during the conduct of federal elections (early voting, universal absentee ballots) and make federal elections direct - eliminate the Electoral College. I would require that the president's power to make nominations of any sort end 3 months prior to the next presidential election but that nomination before that point must be taken up and voted on by the Senate before the end of term.

I would clarify the power of public health authorities to temporarily abrogate civil rights of travel and the operation of businesses. I would make EUA-approved or better vaccinations against potentially lethal communicable diseases a hard criteria for attending public schools, or working in a public business.

I completely disagree with your initial premise. The events of January 6th and the majority of Republicans who think this past election was invalid show that it is the RIGHT who seek to radically change the Constitution.
I respect your willingness to share your views openly and concisely, without insulting others.

I agree with some positions more than others. I shudder at words like "eliminate" and "dictate" and I think you have a few 10th Amendment issues. I would support the Crick Amendment for Presidential Nominations, though.

I respect your willingness to share your views openly and concisely, without insulting others.

I agree with some positions more than others. I shudder at words like "eliminate" and "dictate" and I think you have a few 10th Amendment issues. I would support the Crick Amendment for Presidential Nominations, though.
If you alter the Constitution to assume a new federal, power, you have not violated the 10th amendment,

But thanks for your thoughtful response.

If you alter the Constitution to assume a new federal, power, you have not violated the 10th amendment,

But thanks for your thoughtful response.

Still ... The first 10 Amendments are regarding what the Federal Government doesn't have the Power to do.
You might have missed the point the Constitution was trying to make ... :thup:

Forum List

Back