Political leanings on the USMB Board

Nope. You are dissembling in a pathetic attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that you have not been able to provide a list of Successful Nationwide Liberal Talk Radio Stations.

That's cause such a question was never asked retard.

BTW, there's no such thing as a "nationwide conservative talk radio station" either, ya fuckin' moron.

Comparing a single program to Air America is specious.

Well, good thing no one was doing that then, huh?

What was going on was comparing liberal talk to liberal talk, and showing the AA did not fail because it was a liberal talker, but failed 'cause they had basically no frickin' business model and were throwing things on the air under the "if you build it, they will come philosophy".

Nope. You are dissembling in a pathetic attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that you have not been able to provide a list of Successful Nationwide Liberal Talk Radio Stations.

I am going to edit my comment here. I get mad, and write things I later regret: not the factuality but the emotion. OK. RadiomanATL is correct. You attempted to misframe the comment, and he corrected you. He was right, you are wrong, based on the evidence. Now let's move on.

What he said.

And I don't agree with Jake very often. :lol:

What was going on was comparing liberal talk to liberal talk, and showing the AA did not fail because it was a liberal talker, but failed 'cause they had basically no frickin' business model and were throwing things on the air under the "if you build it, they will come philosophy".

A single program is not a radio station. You can twist words however you wish. I've showed the post where you claimed that there were successful "ones". As Air America was the stated failure - I expected you to provide examples of equivalent efforts that were successful. You haven't done so.

A single program is not a radio station.

Never said they were.

You can twist words however you wish. I've showed the post where you claimed that there were successful "ones". As Air America was the stated failure - I expected you to provide examples of equivalent efforts that were successful. You haven't done so.

No one is twisting words here except you. As shown again and again.

A single program is not a radio station. You can twist words however you wish. I've showed the post where you claimed that there were successful "ones". As Air America was the stated failure - I expected you to provide examples of equivalent efforts that were successful. You haven't done so.

You didn't ask the question. Cecile did. So if a poster is answering someone else's question, what does it matter what YOU expect?

Again:

Well, thats wrong too then. So add a d) to my previous post.

No, it's not wrong. Air America was not the first attempt at leftist talk radio. It was just the largest. And every damned one of them failed

Except for the ones that didn't.

Air America is a station - and Cecilie was clearly discussion stations (as the prior comments leading up to that post also did).

You did not provide "the ones that didn't".

You didn't ask the question. Cecile did. So if a poster is answering someone else's question, what does it matter what YOU expect?

Because I was involved in the thread - and had brought up the bad business models for both NPR and Air America that contributed to Cecile's comment.

Last edited:

Because I was involved in the thread - and had brought up the bad business models for both NPR and Air America that prompted Cecile's comment.

And if you're involved in the discussion and want a specific question answered, ask the damn question already. If you don't get an answer to your question, take him to task. But making stuff up that isn't there and insulting people for answering what actually was asked is completely dishonest.

We have different interpretations of the intent of the question - and what was requested.

If that's dishonest to you, so be it.

I won't lose any sleep over it.

Again:

No, it's not wrong. Air America was not the first attempt at leftist talk radio. It was just the largest. And every damned one of them failed

Except for the ones that didn't.

Air America is a station - and Cecilie was clearly discussion stations (as the prior comments leading up to that post also did).

You did not provide "the ones that didn't".

Except she clearly said "leftist talk radio", thus changing the argument. To which I responded.

Words have actual meanings ya know :thup:

Yes. Words have meaning - especially in context. Given that we were discussion stations up to that point, downsizing to programs as the equivalent is a twisting of words.

Because I was involved in the thread - and had brought up the bad business models for both NPR and Air America that contributed to Cecile's comment.

Yah, yer bad business model for NPR was shown to be full of shit too. It amounted to "They take donations, so they suck", completely ignoring the fact that by definition because they are non-commercial they MUST take donations to support their overhead.

NPR exists based on a huge charitable donation from Ray Croc's widow - McDonalds money.

It can't generate enough profit from its programming to be self-sufficient.

Yes. Words have meaning - especially in context. Given that we were discussion stations up to that point, downsizing to programs as the equivalent is a twisting of words.

We were discussing liberal talk radio.

You are the one that focused in on stations. And, again BTW, there's no such thing as a national conservative station either. And given the state of the current contracts of national conservative radio personalities, such a station would fail too.

Yah, yer bad business model for NPR was shown to be full of shit too. It amounted to "They take donations, so they suck", completely ignoring the fact that by definition because they are non-commercial they MUST take donations to support their overhead.

You might as well stop feeding the troll at this point. I smell a last word whore. You'll be here all night.

NPR exists based on a huge charitable donation from Ray Croc's widow - McDonalds money.

It can't generate enough profit from its programming to be self-sufficient.

It doesn't get profit from it's own programming idiot. It's non-commercial. Thats the whole fucking point.

Really? Yer this stupid? Arguing the business of radio....with a radio professional?

You might as well stop feeding the troll at this point. I smell a last word whore. You'll be here all night.

I got nothing better to do. I'm working at the radio station all night tonight.

lol. :lol:

I got nothing better to do. I'm working at the radio station all night tonight.

lol. :lol:

:eusa_shhh:

:rofl::rofl:

Forum List

Back