Police Shooting Declared Justifiable - Protestors Act Stupid

I haven’t complained about this one because unlike about half of the police shootings, the victim was armed. I am not happy that someone was killed, but I am not complaining about it.
So having a gun or not having one, makes a difference to you ? If shouldn't. Once a suspect's hands disappear from the view of the police, he MUST be shot. You don't know ?

No I don’t know, nor believe that.

View attachment 207748
you people are so full of shit
you talk like you are watching a movie/tv
you talk as if you would do it DIFFERENTLY !!!!
you are James Bond/Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris
you would not wear a pistol on patrol/on a call for robbery/etc
..you would side step someone attacking you [ like MBrown ] and give him a James Bond karate chop
...you would take down someone much bigger than you with a Chuck Norris punch to the chest
what bullshit---
I guess you would let some jackass like MBrown beat the shit out of you before you would use your pistol............??????
..this is REAL---not the movies/tv

Really? You know what I would do in your fantasy? In Iraq we were running a checkpoint. We were searching cars. I disarmed and searched the people, and then searched the cars. They were scavengers. Bedouin’s who were trying to find materials to use or sell. They were allowed to have the military items but not weapons or components. I found several AK magazines and a few grenades. I separated the weapons from the rest.

I had rearmed. That is to say I had the M9 Beretta I used in searching bunkers. I signaled to the family that they could have the stuff in the large pile but not the stuff in the small pile. I stood by the small pile. I turned to ask a question of a friend and saw motion. One of the males was reaching for the military weapons pile. I pulled the pistol, there were grenades there. I aimed at his head. He froze. He stopped moving. I told him no in English and he backed off.

I didn’t shoot. I didn’t have to. A possible threat. But not certain. Later there was a mix up with the prisoners and I was holding forty or so at gunpoint. A M-16A2 rifle. Again a series of motions and again I held fire. It was not necessary to shoot.

I did shoot in Panama when we were engaged. I would have shot earlier if I had seen him with a weapon. I was trained to think and remain calm. Defusing booby traps while amped up on adrenaline is not a recipe for a long life. I shot in Iraq when I had a target that qualified. An enemy with a weapon.

So how is it my real life experience doesn’t match your fantasy? In both those cases I probably could have gotten away with shooting them. But it was not necessary. I know I will shoot. I’ve done it. I know I will not shoot. I have refrained.

I carry a pistol. I have a CCW. I go to bad sections of town from time to time. I don’t pull it. I am not afraid of black guys. Unlike you hero’s.

I grew up among other places in a rough neighborhood in California. We had gang bangers. I wasn’t afraid of them either. The first time I was shot at was in Cerritos California. I ducked.

It is why I have said many times. Guns don’t scare me. The fellow behind it may have my undivided attention. But the gun doesn’t scare me. I am more than 50 years old. But I had more sense thirty years ago when I thought I was ten feet tall and bulletproof than these idiots today wearing badges.

Let me ask you this. How many unarmed civilians are the equal to saving one cop? Is it ten? Can the cops kill ten unarmed people? Is it a hundred? How many must die every year because of cops who are terrified pussies at the drop of a hat? How many are too many? I bet you won’t answer.

Lol....well we are all real proud of ya s0n!!:113::113:

But most Americans think the working class hero shit is ghey....too, most Americans think a guy running around with a gun and shooting in the air around cops is a fucked up savage beyond anybody's help. When hes put in his box, lives are being saved.... that is how the voting public looks at it. Maybe doesn't fit your makey uppey world but that's the way it is

In case folks are wondering, the intoxicated savage pulled the gun at 1:30 before the cops justly put the savage to sleep.
There is no question about the justifiability of the shooting.

The only question is about the blabbering of the manipulators (some call them "protestors") What is their game ?

View attachment 207748
Well then you better stay the hell away from cops. Don't get in any confrontations with them, because if you are too stupid to know that you MUST KEEP YOUR HANDS VISIBLE, then it is clear cut. You're going to die. Period.

Correct... and most Americans sitting watching on their TV at home will be cheering their asses off! Wont poll like that but they are cracking open a beer almost every time!:113:. When a savage goes down nobody cares.:coffee:

Really? You know what I would do in your fantasy? In Iraq we were running a checkpoint. We were searching cars. I disarmed and searched the people, and then searched the cars. They were scavengers. Bedouin’s who were trying to find materials to use or sell. They were allowed to have the military items but not weapons or components. I found several AK magazines and a few grenades. I separated the weapons from the rest.

I had rearmed. That is to say I had the M9 Beretta I used in searching bunkers. I signaled to the family that they could have the stuff in the large pile but not the stuff in the small pile. I stood by the small pile. I turned to ask a question of a friend and saw motion. One of the males was reaching for the military weapons pile. I pulled the pistol, there were grenades there. I aimed at his head. He froze. He stopped moving. I told him no in English and he backed off.

I didn’t shoot. I didn’t have to. A possible threat. But not certain. Later there was a mix up with the prisoners and I was holding forty or so at gunpoint. A M-16A2 rifle. Again a series of motions and again I held fire. It was not necessary to shoot.

I did shoot in Panama when we were engaged. I would have shot earlier if I had seen him with a weapon. I was trained to think and remain calm. Defusing booby traps while amped up on adrenaline is not a recipe for a long life. I shot in Iraq when I had a target that qualified. An enemy with a weapon.

So how is it my real life experience doesn’t match your fantasy? In both those cases I probably could have gotten away with shooting them. But it was not necessary. I know I will shoot. I’ve done it. I know I will not shoot. I have refrained.

I carry a pistol. I have a CCW. I go to bad sections of town from time to time. I don’t pull it. I am not afraid of black guys. Unlike you hero’s.

I grew up among other places in a rough neighborhood in California. We had gang bangers. I wasn’t afraid of them either. The first time I was shot at was in Cerritos California. I ducked.

It is why I have said many times. Guns don’t scare me. The fellow behind it may have my undivided attention. But the gun doesn’t scare me. I am more than 50 years old. But I had more sense thirty years ago when I thought I was ten feet tall and bulletproof than these idiots today wearing badges.

Let me ask you this. How many unarmed civilians are the equal to saving one cop? Is it ten? Can the cops kill ten unarmed people? Is it a hundred? How many must die every year because of cops who are terrified pussies at the drop of a hat? How many are too many? I bet you won’t answer.
This idiocy is the result of "our" MISeducational system being run by airheaded liberals, who know nothing about guns or law enforcement.

Probably the most important thing they could teach is how to act when in confrontation with the police, and the most important thing in that, is to ALWAYS keep one's hands visible and empty.

You can fail on a lot of things in life, but if your fail on this, you're DEAD.

It's getting entirely too common. An armed, black felon, well within hearing range of police officers, and ignoring their commands. In this case, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. the suspect Thurman Blevins was firing a gun into the ground and into the air, and when confronted by police, Blevins bolted and started running away.

2 cops ordered him to stop and show his hands. Blevins ignored that and kept running away, Then Blevins made an idiotic mistake, and started turning around toward the officers, WITH THE GUN STILL IN HIS HAND. He was shot 4 times, and died from his wounds.

The whole event was caught on video by the cop's body cam, showing the shooting to be an obvious justifiable use of force. Incredibly, protestors showed up at a news conference and shouted down the County Attorney announcing the decision of no criminal charges against the officers. They also took over the room and started holding their own press conference, moronically claiming the shooting to be "murder".

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. Do these protestors think that labeling obviously justifiable shootings, "murder", will somehow cause cops to water down their use of force or something ? Or do they just have a knee jerk reaction to any cop shooting of a black person to call that murder, whether the shooting was self-defense justifiable or not ? Or maybe they're just stupid beyond belief.

In any case, I'd say those protesters (thugs might be a better word) are lucky they weren't arrested, for their very disorderly conduct, that went way beyond the bounds of free speech.

police shooting-Minneapolis, Minnesota - Bing video
This is what happens when you have too many guns. Because we have too many guns police are themselves regularly shot and killed. Because of this they shoot kill lots of people. Wasn't long ago MN police shot that innocent woman who had called them for help. Too many guns.

As a conservative, I want these protests. The more the merrier....and I hope the protestors get violent. Shit like this weirds the fuck out of voters who then want no part of the DUMS bashing cops and supporting the scumbags. Most Americzns are not for the savages taking over towns and cities.
This is why the media is not liberal. It only appears to be liberal on things like god, gays, guns and racism. Why? Because it pays off. Racist news makes black people stay home and not vote and it drives whites to the ballot box.

There was no need to show this shooting on tv. The black guy had a gun and he was fucking with the cops. Suspect guilty and dead like he should be. Who cares that his family went nuts in the courtroom? 90% of Americans probably feel the cops were justified here.

Trump's political strategy is to divide us. The media hasn't been liberal since Clinton deregulated it.

Telecommunications Act of 1996

As a conservative, I want these protests. The more the merrier....and I hope the protestors get violent. Shit like this weirds the fuck out of voters who then want no part of the DUMS bashing cops and supporting the scumbags. Most Americzns are not for the savages taking over towns and cities.
This is why the media is not liberal. It only appears to be liberal on things like god, gays, guns and racism. Why? Because it pays off. Racist news makes black people stay home and not vote and it drives whites to the ballot box.

There was no need to show this shooting on tv. The black guy had a gun and he was fucking with the cops. Suspect guilty and dead like he should be. Who cares that his family went nuts in the courtroom? 90% of Americans probably feel the cops were justified here.

Trump's political strategy is to divide us. The media hasn't been liberal since Clinton deregulated it.

Whatever you say s0n!!:aug08_031::aug08_031:

I haven’t complained about this one because unlike about half of the police shootings, the victim was armed. I am not happy that someone was killed, but I am not complaining about it.
So having a gun or not having one, makes a difference to you ? If shouldn't. Once a suspect's hands disappear from the view of the police, he MUST be shot. You don't know ?

View attachment 207748
..you would side step someone attacking you [ like MBrown ] and give him a James Bond karate chop
...you would take down someone much bigger than you with a Chuck Norris punch to the chest
what bullshit---
I guess you would let some jackass like MBrown beat the shit out of you before you would use your pistol............??????

But most Americans think the working class hero shit is ghey....too, most Americans think a guy running around with a gun and shooting in the air around cops is a fucked up savage beyond anybody's help. When hes put in his box, lives are being saved.... that is how the voting public looks at it. Maybe doesn't fit your makey uppey world but that's the way it is

Of course you think it is made up. It doesn’t fit your world view. Because in your wild world view, if you don’t shoot the instant there is a possible threat, you are a dead person, and that is the worst possible outcome. So anything is acceptable to avoid that. The fear of your own death is enough motivation to shoot lots of unarmed civilians in your very odd view.

Yet, you have made a statement about what I would do, and I said I wouldn’t. I told you a story, I say it is true, you say it was a lie. But when I was in the 82nd Airborne, we were taught that killing an unarmed person was unacceptable. Of course, when I was a boy growing up, I was taught that and many other lessons you probably did not get. Things like all races deserve to be treated equally. That I would refer to adults no matter their color as Mr. or Mrs. or Miss. I’d call them all Sir or Ma’am.

I imagine you have a lot of trouble with that idea. I could be wrong, because here, unlike my story we are talking about my opinion, not my history. It all happened. I was mugged by a moron with a knife outside Chicago when I drove OTR trucks. I drove for Swift, and then US Xpress about twenty years ago. In fact, I was driving for US Xpress when the Y2K bug was supposed to hit. I was literally driving a load for FedEx, contract job obviously, from Memphis to Dallas when the only thing on my truck broke because it wasn’t Y2K compliant. Oddly enough, it was the mounting bracket for my Alternator. It literally broke just after midnight. I limped into a truck stop just after that and shut the truck down. The Mechanic fixed it with an obviously wicked hangover and I was back on the road.

I carry concealed. I do so because I have a right to do it under law, and I am willing to accept the responsibility for my safety and the safety of my family. To a lesser extent of those around me. But that also means I have the responsibility to use the weapon in a manner which meets certain standards. Not only hitting the target when I shoot, which isn’t a problem.

You remind me of an idiot I ran into at the range last time. According to him I wasn’t doing anything right. My weapon, a Five Shot Magnum revolver, was not serious. The way I carried it was old fashioned. And I was using the wrong targets. I was shooting bullseye instead of silhouette. He snorted and told me that the bad guy would not be wearing a bullseye if I was attacked. I had spent nine years in the Army shooting at silhouettes. I ran the target out further, more than double what he was shooting at. I reloaded my revolver, and aimed and fired. all five in the black, only one in the ten ring, the other four in the nine. I told him the bad guy might as well be wearing a target if I’m shooting at him.

By comparison he was all over the damned place, several even missing the target entirely. I told him the most awesome gun with the baddest ammunition won’t do you a bit of good if you miss the target entirely.

Yeah, I am old fashioned. I believe that you don’t shoot someone who is unarmed. An old fashioned idea that literally goes to the old west. I believe that marksmanship means I hit the target. Today it means you fire all your rounds in the general direction of the target in under two seconds. I believe that courage means facing your fear, instead of using that fear as an excuse to kill someone. I believe in a lot of old fashioned ideals.

If you had been in charge of the Marines in the 1980’s, the motto would have been dishonor before death, instead of the more commonly accepted form.

Whatever you say s0n!!:aug08_031::aug08_031:
Do you think I'm lying? Here's some proof for you.

Fatal Force: 2018 police shootings database

237 whites have been shot by police this year. Have you heard any of these stories on the news? Ask yourself why.

Blacks 112

Yet every day we seem to have someone standing ready with a camera to show us the blacks getting shot.

Sort of reminds me of Trumps fake ass news story where Assad poisoned his people and Trump got to come in and be the savior/tough guy. But a day or two before Trump told Putin to get his boys out of there. I tell you this is all theater and it's working. They have us divided on race.

View attachment 207748
what bullshit---

Of course you think it is made up. It doesn’t fit your world view. Because in your wild world view, if you don’t shoot the instant there is a possible threat, you are a dead person, and that is the worst possible outcome. So anything is acceptable to avoid that. The fear of your own death is enough motivation to shoot lots of unarmed civilians in your very odd view.

Yet, you have made a statement about what I would do, and I said I wouldn’t. I told you a story, I say it is true, you say it was a lie. But when I was in the 82nd Airborne, we were taught that killing an unarmed person was unacceptable. Of course, when I was a boy growing up, I was taught that and many other lessons you probably did not get. Things like all races deserve to be treated equally. That I would refer to adults no matter their color as Mr. or Mrs. or Miss. I’d call them all Sir or Ma’am.

I imagine you have a lot of trouble with that idea. I could be wrong, because here, unlike my story we are talking about my opinion, not my history. It all happened. I was mugged by a moron with a knife outside Chicago when I drove OTR trucks. I drove for Swift, and then US Xpress about twenty years ago. In fact, I was driving for US Xpress when the Y2K bug was supposed to hit. I was literally driving a load for FedEx, contract job obviously, from Memphis to Dallas when the only thing on my truck broke because it wasn’t Y2K compliant. Oddly enough, it was the mounting bracket for my Alternator. It literally broke just after midnight. I limped into a truck stop just after that and shut the truck down. The Mechanic fixed it with an obviously wicked hangover and I was back on the road.

I carry concealed. I do so because I have a right to do it under law, and I am willing to accept the responsibility for my safety and the safety of my family. To a lesser extent of those around me. But that also means I have the responsibility to use the weapon in a manner which meets certain standards. Not only hitting the target when I shoot, which isn’t a problem.

You remind me of an idiot I ran into at the range last time. According to him I wasn’t doing anything right. My weapon, a Five Shot Magnum revolver, was not serious. The way I carried it was old fashioned. And I was using the wrong targets. I was shooting bullseye instead of silhouette. He snorted and told me that the bad guy would not be wearing a bullseye if I was attacked. I had spent nine years in the Army shooting at silhouettes. I ran the target out further, more than double what he was shooting at. I reloaded my revolver, and aimed and fired. all five in the black, only one in the ten ring, the other four in the nine. I told him the bad guy might as well be wearing a target if I’m shooting at him.

By comparison he was all over the damned place, several even missing the target entirely. I told him the most awesome gun with the baddest ammunition won’t do you a bit of good if you miss the target entirely.

Yeah, I am old fashioned. I believe that you don’t shoot someone who is unarmed. An old fashioned idea that literally goes to the old west. I believe that marksmanship means I hit the target. Today it means you fire all your rounds in the general direction of the target in under two seconds. I believe that courage means facing your fear, instead of using that fear as an excuse to kill someone. I believe in a lot of old fashioned ideals.

If you had been in charge of the Marines in the 1980’s, the motto would have been dishonor before death, instead of the more commonly accepted form.

Well s0n, I must admit I cant compete with a legend in his own mind. In terms of that, you have no peer in here. Find one other USMB member who can write 35 paragraphs about themselves in one post! :2up:If you can, I'll give you a fine cigar!:113:

View attachment 207748
what bullshit---

Well s0n, I must admit I cant compete with a legend in his own mind. In terms of that, you have no peer in here. Find one other USMB member who can write 35 paragraphs about themselves in one post! :2up:If you can, I'll give you a fine cigar!:113:

So again, you have nothing but insults. Not surprising for a Dishonor before Death type. A coward that can cheer the deaths of others.

To a gutter scum like you, that story may have sounded heroic. But it wasn’t in those days. That was the standard. That was simply the expected behavior. I guess we had higher standards in those days. Before scum like you got involved in the process. I never thought it was heroic, and I don’t expect your adulation. I told the story so you could see it was the norm, not the exception, in those days.

As for blaming Liberals for that mentality? It was 1989-1991. After eight years of Ronald Reagan, and in Iraq, after more than two of George H. W. Bush. The Ultra Conservatives that you lionize. Those were the standards. We were not going to have any more massacres of civilians like they had in Viet Nam. We were not going to shoot first and ask questions never like happened in that God Forsaken war. We had learned. We had learned that you must act with honor. It is why we had so many of the enemy surrender. They knew we would not kill them just because. They knew we would treat them properly.

It is a lesson this generation has lost. Honor is not about how others treat you, but about how you treat others. I can see you would have trouble qualifying for even a sliver.

This is what happens when you have too many guns. Because we have too many guns police are themselves regularly shot and killed. Because of this they shoot kill lots of people. Wasn't long ago MN police shot that innocent woman who had called them for help. Too many guns.
So what do you propose to do ? Confiscate guns from law abiding gun owners ?

I'll just say I disagree, and leave it at that.

Schools need to be teaching exactly the opposite of what you said. In a confrontation, there is no such thing as an unarmed man. An opponent could be carrying a knife (you don't know), he could use a ballpoint pen to kill you. He could strangle you with with a blinds cord or any piece of string or his belt.

He could pick up a rock off the ground and smash you in the head, or hit you with a golf ball or a lead fishing sinker. He could pick up a sharp stick and jab it into your throat. And last but not least, he could disarm you, and shoot you with your own gun, which has happened to cops who were tentative, and thought like you do.

In order for cops to stay alive, they must do what they do (which airhead liberal schools don't teach). He must order the suspect to show his hands. If the suspect's hand then disappears, the cop must shoot. If this rule didn't exist, 100 cops would die every day in America. Maybe more.

Schools need to be teaching exactly the opposite of what you said. In a confrontation, there is no such thing as an unarmed man. An opponent could be carrying a knife (you don't know), he could use a ballpoint pen to kill you. He could strangle you with with a blinds cord or any piece of string or his belt.

He could pick up a rock off the ground and smash you in the head, or hit you with a golf ball or a lead fishing sinker. He could pick up a sharp stick and jab it into your throat. And last but not least, he could disarm you, and shoot you with your own gun, which has happened to cops who were tentative, and thought like you do.

In order for cops to stay alive, they must do what they do (which airhead liberal schools don't teach). He must order the suspect to show his hands. If the suspect's hand then disappears, the cop must shoot. If this rule didn't exist, 100 cops would die every day in America. Maybe more.

Yet the momentum is in exactly the opposite direction. California will in the next couple years change the laws governing use of force. From reasonable to necessary. That small change will be the catalyst. If they shoot someone who isn’t armed then the burden of proof will be on the cops, where it belongs.

And it isn’t just California. The truth about improperly trained police is getting out.

How Police Training Contributes to Avoidable Deaths

In another decade the use of force will be tighter on the cops. Shooting an unarmed man will go from a regrettable tragedy to a criminal occurrence.

View attachment 207748
what bullshit---

not the same--not even close
most of these shootings have been justified by legal courts--not protesters
these courts have a lot MORE evidence/facts/etc than you
..sorry--but there are jackasses in the world that initiate these problems
..there is no magic spell you can use to take down a non-compliant jackass
..this is how humans are---they do dumbshit that cause themselves to be a threat
it's NOT the cops fault

Forum List

Back