Police officer to Virginia politicians: We took an oath, and real cops won’t confiscate firearms.

From your (belated) link:

Democrat Delegate Lee Carter of Manassas sponsored HB 67, which would apply to any law enforcement official, noting that those who “willfully refuses to perform the duties of his employment,” will be terminated and ineligible for future law enforcement employment for another year.

The bill was filed just days after Gov. Ralph Northam warned against the more than 100 counties and municipalities that already adopted Second Amendment or Constitutional sanctuary resolutions.

Every public servant, including cops, is sworn, before anything else, to uphold and defend the Constitution. Any who had willing part in enforcing blatantly unconstitutional acts to violate the people's right to keep and bear arms, as affirmed both in the federal Constitution, as well as in Virginia's own state constitution, would be the ones against whom this act, as written would end up applying.

The indisputable fact remains that it is Virginia's governor, and its corrupt legislator, who are threatening to act illegally, by enacting legislation which blatantly violates both the state Constitution, and the federal Constitution; and then by trying to demand that the state's law-enforcement officers act illegally in attempting to enforce these illegal laws.

A delegate has no hiring/firing authority over any police personnel, nor does the State House nor the Governor nor the Attorney General. Local sheriffs and chiefs are elected officials, neither can they be fired.

The Democrats can pass all the illegal bills they like, but if 95% of the Commonwealth resists, there's essentially nothing they can do.

"
In light of all the 2nd Amendment debate and the debacle that is Virginia and its governor (who I don’t respect enough to even know his name) spouting off about “If we have constitutional laws…” blah, blah, blah. Listen up.

I work in civilian law enforcement. I am also a veteran.

I work with many veterans, some of whom still serve in the reserves or National Guard. In both oaths, military and civilian, we all swore to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

We did not swear to obey a tyrant or dictator.

I’ve been in law enforcement for over 21 years. In all that time I have met not one law enforcement officer who was anti-gun. Oh, I know they exist, but they are not being intellectually honest.

You see, law enforcement officers everywhere KNOW that guns save lives.

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Guns even the odds between the criminal and his would-be victim.

Guns stop stalkers when a piece of paper doesn’t. (Shout out to my dear friend Ann who shot and killed her estranged husband when came to attack again.)

Real cops, not politicians, KNOW that more honest gun owners mean less crime.

If there is anyone wearing a badge that disagrees with this they are a liar- statistics prove this time and again. Literally every state that loosens gun carry restrictions nearly immediately sees a drop in violent crime.

When I am on patrol, I take time to reach out and thank civilians for exercising their 2A rights- yes, even the open carriers. I have detained or arrested thousands of people.

Not one legal carrier has ever threatened me or my partners.

I even joke about one particular restaurant in my town where veterans meet for breakfast. I say if anything ever pops off in here we are all going to die in the crossfire!

The populace has so many guns they cannot be counted. They couldn’t be confiscated even if the government threw every available resource at it."

The National Guard won't do it either. Mr Northam was is plan C?

You have provided no link to any police officer in Virginia stating that he will not enforce the law.

Your title is a lie.
One County Sheriff - so far - has said he’ll deputize every gun owner in the County if he has to.

Richmond is under siege again and still on the wrong side of history.
They need a recall vote for all who voted for this abomination... they need to remove these pieces of shit from office.
Has it occurred to you that the majority of the people voted them in? The people decide.....good or ill....
Deep State of DC voted them in.
Time for pitchforks and torches.

It is the Constitution itself that is the highest law, and not any corrupt court's “interpretation” of it. No court, nor any other part of government, has any authority whatsoever to “interpret” the Constitution away from its clear, explicit meaning.
The SCOTUS begs to differ....

Of course it does. Any corrupt institution that is driven to usurp power that does not rightfully belong to it, will “beg to differ” with anyone who speaks against that corruption and usurpation.

"
In light of all the 2nd Amendment debate and the debacle that is Virginia and its governor (who I don’t respect enough to even know his name) spouting off about “If we have constitutional laws…” blah, blah, blah. Listen up.

I work in civilian law enforcement. I am also a veteran.

I work with many veterans, some of whom still serve in the reserves or National Guard. In both oaths, military and civilian, we all swore to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

We did not swear to obey a tyrant or dictator.

I’ve been in law enforcement for over 21 years. In all that time I have met not one law enforcement officer who was anti-gun. Oh, I know they exist, but they are not being intellectually honest.

You see, law enforcement officers everywhere KNOW that guns save lives.

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Guns even the odds between the criminal and his would-be victim.

Guns stop stalkers when a piece of paper doesn’t. (Shout out to my dear friend Ann who shot and killed her estranged husband when came to attack again.)

Real cops, not politicians, KNOW that more honest gun owners mean less crime.

If there is anyone wearing a badge that disagrees with this they are a liar- statistics prove this time and again. Literally every state that loosens gun carry restrictions nearly immediately sees a drop in violent crime.

When I am on patrol, I take time to reach out and thank civilians for exercising their 2A rights- yes, even the open carriers. I have detained or arrested thousands of people.

Not one legal carrier has ever threatened me or my partners.

I even joke about one particular restaurant in my town where veterans meet for breakfast. I say if anything ever pops off in here we are all going to die in the crossfire!

The populace has so many guns they cannot be counted. They couldn’t be confiscated even if the government threw every available resource at it."

The National Guard won't do it either. Mr Northam was is plan C?

You have provided no link to any police officer in Virginia stating that he will not enforce the law.

Your title is a lie.

They are enforcing the law, asshole, the second amendment is part of the constitution and the supreme law of the land. It's the anti gun assholes who are breaking the law. Every gun law in this nation is unconstitutional so is therefore illegal and un enforceable. No one needs anyone to interpret the 2nd because it is so brief, clear and plainly stated. Hell it's only one single sentence and easy for anyone but a halfwit to commit to memory.
Unenforceable eh? I bet there are quite a number of people doing time on gun charges..who would be surprised that their crime was 'unenforceable'! Given your statement that 'every gun law' in this country is unconstitutional...I would assume you also meant those laws restricting felons? then there are those who are doing time for illegally modified weapons...they would be quite surprised, I bet! Possession of Fully auto weapons without permit and tax stamp...ditto.....carrying concealed without a permit..ditto--silencers..ditto..and yet..every morning..they get up..look at the fence and razor wire--and go to breakfast.

Looks pretty damn enforceable from where I stand..on the outside of the fence....LMAO!

Forum List

Back