Police Officer Fired For Donating $25 To Kyle Rittenhouse

It is illegal to fire someone for making a political donation since that is a protected political right.
But he could be fired for doing it in public as part of a campaign that would reflect on other cops.
He didn't do it in public. He was told it was confidential.

Then he was also guilty of gross stupidity because the use of a work email address for personal political reasons is NOT a private correspondence. He made matters worse when he offered his personal opinion, because by using his city email address, he gave the appearance that he was speaking for the rank and file police officers as if he was the spokesperson for the police department.
It was supposed to be confidential, idiot.

It’s acceptable because the fascists are in total control of the country.

Yep, the city manager in Brooklyn Center was fired for merely mentioning due process and one of the city council members admitted she did so out of fear.

And then this from the shit-head mayor of Brooklyn Center.

If it is so bad in America for blacks then fucking emigrate.

Floyd and Wright both had criminal records...didn't they ?
Is DEATH ON SIGHT the proscribed punishment for having a criminal record?
What about Ashly Babbit? What was her criminal record?
What was Babbit's crime that she deserved to be shot for is also a good question.
She was the first person to breech the door into the congressional chamber, where the mob's stated purpose was to kill Nancy Pelosi, and hang Mike Pence.

That did not happen ....got any more outrageous lies?
You don't have access to all the videos that are available showing that is exactly what happened?
Where did the mob state that its purpose was to kill Nazi Piglosi or hang Mike Pense.

Was that in front of the door that Ashly Babbit tried to climb through?

Grabbing at straws again, aren't you dumb ass?

No, you are. Do you imagine that Babbit is responsible for anything anyone said over the entire capitol?

That's what you're implying.

You are a never ending source of stupid.

Which is your way of saying...he's got you dead to rights.

Was Babbit part of the mob or not?

You mean was she present in an area of several square miles?

How does that make her responsible for anything any of the people located their said?

Just shut up. You're dumb, and your caretaker dresses you funny.

You should work to be a little more clever when trying to extract yourself from a conversation where you are getting your fanny kicked.

Thank you. You can't imagine how much I value the opinion of someone like you.

Yes, I realize your statements about alternate reality are just projections of your own situation.

And since you aren't more clever, it will continue to be obvious that you are not very good at this.

It is illegal to fire someone for making a political donation since that is a protected political right.
But he could be fired for doing it in public as part of a campaign that would reflect on other cops.

Then he was also guilty of gross stupidity because the use of a work email address for personal political reasons is NOT a private correspondence. He made matters worse when he offered his personal opinion, because by using his city email address, he gave the appearance that he was speaking for the rank and file police officers as if he was the spokesperson for the police department.

Your work email is not confidential, and it's not personal,, and it's not private. It is only supposed to be used for official business, and making a political contribution while offering a personal opinion is NOT official police or city business.

I have no doubt that he was informed of that fact at the time he was hired, and that he was required to initial a form that officially acknowledged he understood that was the case.

Your work email is not confidential, and it's not personal,, and it's not private. It is only supposed to be used for official business, and making a political contribution while offering a personal opinion is NOT official police or city business.

I have no doubt that he was informed of that fact at the time he was hired, and that he was required to initial a form that officially acknowledged he understood that was the case.
Spare me. No one likes authoritarian blowhards like you. You're real problem is that you hate Rittenhouse.

Who do you think you're fooling?

There has to be more to the story. I can't believe he would not be able to sue and clean up after this.

It seems the Guardian was the one who traced the e-mails back to the donators.

This is acceptable....why ?
The police chief recommended he be fired. He was placed on administrative leave pending and investigation. Chances are that there is a lot more to it than just making a $25 donation. As usual, the news media misleads the public.

Spare me. No one likes authoritarian blowhards like you. You're real problem is that you hate Rittenhouse.

This thread is not about Rittenhouse; It's about the LT. The fate of Rittenhouse will not be decided by me or you. It will be decided by a court of law.

Regardless, I'm far from being an authoritarian. I'm a firm believer in personal freedom. But personal freedom doesn't translate to mean that anyone can do anything they want anytime they so choose or anyplace they please. That's simply due to the fact that personal freedoms have public limitations, and your place of employment is a perfect example of a public limitation.

I'll give you an example. Freedom of religion does not grant any person the right to proselytize to his or her coworkers or their employer's customers on the job, especially if it's against their wishes.

Last edited:

How they came into possession of information regarding his donation is still up for legal discussion.

However, I will say that it is tough to believe they fired him over the statements he made. There has to be more to it than this.

There has to be more to the story. I can't believe he would not be able to sue and clean up after this.

The police chief recommended he be fired. He was placed on administrative leave pending and investigation. Chances are that there is a lot more to it than just making a $25 donation. As usual, the news media misleads the public.
The Police chief is just another woke politician.

This thread is not about Rittenhouse; It's about the LT. His fate will not be decided by me or you. It will be decided by a court of law.

Regardless, I'm far from being an authoritarian. I'm a firm believer in personal freedom. But personal freedom doesn't translate to mean that anyone can do anything they want anytime they so choose or anyplace they please. That's simply due to the fact that personal freedoms have public limitations, and your place of employment is a perfect example of a public limitation.

I'll give you an example. Freedom of religion does not grant any person the right to proselytize to his or her coworkers or their employer's customers on the job, especially if it's against their wishes.
It's about Rittenhouse.

Who are you trying to fool?

This thread is not about Rittenhouse; It's about the LT. His fate will not be decided by me or you. It will be decided by a court of law.

It's about Rittenhouse.

Who are you trying to fool?

The LT violated the terms of use of his city/police official email account and was fired most likely for violating their code of conduct which he likely acknowledged when he was hired.

However, the LT would have a viable and perhaps a very strong case for reinstatement under one of two conditions which are similar in nature.

The first condition would be if the LT could show that other employees used their city emails for political purposes that were the opposite of his views, and the city knew about it and did nothing. That would show that his political views were singled out.

The second (and weaker) condition would be if the LT could show that other employees had used their emails for personal use and the supervisors knew about it and took no action which would mean that he was singled out for retribution. It would be a weaker case if the email was for something fairly innocuous like telling his spouse when he expected to get off work.

However, if the LT can't show that he was knowingly treated differently, and hence singled out for retribution or punishment, he doesn't have a case.

Last edited:

That is not at all true.
Email at work has never been restricted to official business.
In fact it is required by law to allow for things like unions organizing, political expression, various appropriate social events like births, birthdays, etc.

It is true it is not confidential, but it is supposed to be private and not given to others unless necessary for some reason.
The firing for a political contribution is totally and completely illegal.
The only way it could have been bad is if the one cop was attempting to speak for the whole department or something that could reflect badly on the whole department. As long is was accurate as just one individual, then firing him was a crime.

(And by the way, I am very much against what Rittenhouse did.)

This thread is not about Rittenhouse; It's about the LT. The fate of Rittenhouse will not be decided by me or you. It will be decided by a court of law.

Wrong.
Your place of employment does not automatically justify any restrictions at all.
It is only if you harm others that you can be restricted at work.
You do have freedom to express religious and political ideas at work.
It is illegal to prevent that.
But it is true that if told by others they were not interested, then it could be harmful to persist and then and only then could you get disciplined.

GiveSendGo, ths donation site which was hacked and resulted in Lt. William Kelly's anonymous donation to Kyle Rittenhouse being made public, has decided to do something nice for Lt. Kelly.

The site started a fundraiser in his name...

I don't really care about Rittenhouse or Kelly, and disagree with them.
But the police department clearly violated individual rights of political expression.
There is no way a person should be able to get fired for making a political donation of any sort.
Freedom of political expression can never be just for those you agree with.

Forum List

Back