Police never tried to open door to classrooms where Uvalde gunman had kids trapped

Remember: only the government should have guns.

Why would the police open a door to possible gunmen, I mean they could have been shot. Most likely the police were expecting the kids to rush the gunmen, & disarm them where then the police could rush in safely & save the day!!!! Elementary my dear Watson, simply elementary!

I'm pretty sure you can't be sent to prison for cowardice. If that's true, we are going to have to build a lot more prisons.
Never heard of murder by omission have you?

Then you are a fool or a liar.

Probably both, depending on the scenario. But, that doesn't change the legal requirement for an act to be "reasonable" in this case.

Look, I know it feels good to say, "lock 'em up" or "git a rope". There is something viscerally satisfying about demanding vengeance for an act that you think is wrong.

Particularly when the media has gone out of its way to get the crowd all riled up.

But, ultimately, our system is one where, hopefully, we take a look at EVERYTHING that happened (not just what the media conveniently reports) weigh the evidence and come up with either acquittal or reasonable punishment for a crime.

If evidence comes to light in the course of a full investigation that leads to someone being criminally charged for their actions, I'm all in favor of taking that to trial.

Until then, calls for vengeance are just blowing off steam.

Probably both, depending on the scenario. But, that doesn't change the legal requirement for an act to be "reasonable" in this case.

Look, I know it feels good to say, "lock 'em up" or "git a rope". There is something viscerally satisfying about demanding vengeance for an act that you think is wrong.

Particularly when the media has gone out of its way to get the crowd all riled up.

But, ultimately, our system is one where, hopefully, we take a look at EVERYTHING that happened (not just what the media conveniently reports) weigh the evidence and come up with either acquittal or reasonable punishment for a crime.

If evidence comes to light in the course of a full investigation that leads to someone being criminally charged for their actions, I'm all in favor of taking that to trial.

Until then, calls for vengeance are just blowing off steam.
Typical, loves being able to hide behind the law.

Typical, loves being able to hide behind the law.

Every citizen of this country is entitled to protection under the law. If not, then why have a country?

I'm glad however that you admit that you are advocating taking actions outside of law. At least you're under no delusions about your motives.

Every citizen of this country is entitled to protection under the law. If not, then why have a country?

I'm glad however that you admit that you are advocating taking actions outside of law. At least you're under no delusions about your motives.
Fucking liar. Pig.

It was also found that the gunman may not have even locked the door from the inside and even if he had “officers had access the entire time to a ‘halligan’ — a crowbar-like tool that could have opened the door to the classrooms even if it was locked.”

It makes sense when you think about it.....Unless a key was used to lock the door from the inside I don't suspect it would have a normal deadbolt where kids could lock a teacher out of the classroom for giggles.

Of course that does not mean the shooter did not get the key from the teacher and lock it before he killed her. More to come on that I'm sure.

As to the Halligan I'd not want to have to stand at the door during the time it takes to use it without a level 4 shield but they do work.

But the kids in Uvalde were not protected. Good job nazi.

What law?

The law is a joke in this country.

It's been usurped by partisan fuckwitry.

Fucking liar. Pig.

maxresdefault.jpg

The law is a joke in this country.

Oh, we have law. And, in most cases, considering the people most affected by it, it seems to work pretty well.

Any medium to large size city court will have an endless stream of law-breakers go through it on a normal day. A large number of cases are adjourned for one reason or another. Most are simply a conversation between judge, prosecution, and defense where the accused doesn't say a word and no witnesses are called. The entire thing looks like a nightmare version of The DMV.

But, most, definitely not all, but most, of those who go through it get what they deserve.

The omission has to be something that a "reasonable" person would do. Not sure that applies in this case.
I can understand how a command structure could have led to delays and inaction based on confusion or misinformation about whether the shooter was holding hostages vs. just killing as many as he could. What I will never understand is how all of those trained, armed men could stand outside and hear gunshots continuing and not act. If they have any honor or even a conscience, they will never be able to forget their actions that day.

What I will never understand is how all of those trained, armed men could stand outside and hear gunshots continuing and not act.

I wasn't there. In all of the YouTube videos I've seen of the incident, I hear screaming parents, but I haven't heard a single gun shot.

I don't really know what happened that day and, until the full details of all the investigations are made public, I won't.

Regardless of who is accused, I won't advocate a punishment until a conviction has been reached.

The legal system is supposed to work the same way. That is precisely why sentencing is always reserved until AFTER a conviction has been reached.

Forum List

Back