Poles angry as German tanks are junk

Not only Poles, but almost all of the Warsaw Pact. The East German soldiers should have taken part in that also, but it was decided to keep them in reserve along the border.

¿"It was decided"?

England and Scotland formed the Union a couple of centuries ago, when no tank had been ever projected.

As far as I know after World War 1 were sent British tanks to Glasgow to bring under pressure the Scots. The exact reasons for I don't know. And as far as I know it was a very brutal act to make the Union between Scotland and England.

Last edited:
Woke countries are Broke countries

Woke Armies are Dead armies

And stupidities are stupidities. Do you know for example that the Prussian emperor over Germany Wilhelm II (William II) had not only been a stupid Prussian but had also been a proud Brit who had been educated from Queen Victoria? He supported with his British "Hun speech" the British drug dealers in China. And not only he did do so. Here an "heroic" song of the supporters of the British drug dealers in China:

Last edited:
¿"It was decided"?

As far as I know after World War 1 were sent British tanks to Glasgow to bring under pressure the Scots. The exact reasons for I don't know. And as far as I know it was a very brutal act to make the Union between Scotland and England.
Yes, decided. Read about the Operation Danube. The East Germans should have crossed the border with other troops of the Warsaw Pact. But this decision was cancelled and they stayed alongside the border. I don't know the details, though.

Yes, decided.

A decision without decider?

Read about the Operation Danube.

Operation what? When flowed the Danube through Chechoslovakia?

The East Germans should have crossed the border with other troops of the Warsaw Pact. But this decision was cancelled and they stayed alongside the border. I don't know the details, though.

I also not. And I have absolutelly not any idea what you like to say with this all.

A decision without decider?

Operation what? When flowed the Danube through Chechoslovakia?

I also not. And I have absolutelly not any idea what you like to say with this all.
The invasion on the Warsaw Pact troops into Czechoslovakia was called the Operation Danube. If you want to know more details, you can read about it from various sources. Good luck.

The invasion on the Warsaw Pact troops into Czechoslovakia was called the Operation Danube.

Strange. Has absolutelly nothing to do with the Danube - except they had planned to attack other countries so they used in the origin another plan and modified it. Perhaps it had been in the origin a plan how to overtake Austria.

If you want to know more details, you can read about it from various sources. Good luck.

When I was young I saw what had happened on the German side. On every hill stood a tank, gun barrel direction Czechoslovakia. Many Czechs had hoped for help from the West - but this help never came. No one liked to risk a nuclear war. In the following years every Czech moved to the other side of the street when a Russian came along on their side. They did not like to speak with Russians anymore.

Last edited:
Gives: useless weapons
Gets: less oil and gas

What a deal!

The fault of the USA. In 2007, 2008, 2009 we had been able to support East-Europe including the Ukraine by sharing our energy-reserves. This had been a reason for the Nord Stream 2 project which had been decided in 2018. The USA under Donald Trump tried to block this project what costed a little more than a year time so it never started. I guess if this project had started under normal conditions the crisis between the Ukraine and Russia not had got the awful dimension which it has now and we had been able to support the Ukraine with Russian gas. But now this all happens the US-American way what also means "the only good Germany I ever saw was dead", isn't it, allied enemy of Germany?

Just a moment ago I took a look and saw that the prices for energy now are nearly 4 times higher (=400%) than it had been before the war in the Ukraine had started. The really strange thing: The world production of energy is the same as it had been before this war. That's the ultimate deal: to get 4 times more money for nothing.

Last edited:
The UA army is keen to get whatever it can, and the more the better. There isn't too much choice.
The 100pcs. are new builds and won't start arriving for 2 years at least. It's not something that is going to alter the current situation.

These were always going to be the most difficult to support due to the spares and logistics req's. The UA isn't breaking them- they are wearing out parts that they don't have replacements for. The fire control computer alarms out and halts the loading cycle to protect the gun.

The way they are being used- there is maybe 2-3 weeks and they are ready to be returned to the depot for overhaul. The UA doesn't have that luxury right now, but it shouldn't be interpreted as the guns are not delivering what they promise.

The 100pcs. are new builds and won't start arriving for 2 years at least. It's not something that is going to alter the current situation.

These were always going to be the most difficult to support due to the spares and logistics req's. The UA isn't breaking them- they are wearing out parts that they don't have replacements for. The fire control computer alarms out and halts the loading cycle to protect the gun.

The way they are being used- there is maybe 2-3 weeks and they are ready to be returned to the depot for overhaul. The UA doesn't have that luxury right now, but it shouldn't be interpreted as the guns are not delivering what they promise.
I want to underline that I wasn't complaining. I understand that Ukraine gets hardware that isn't new and that has certain limits in operation. But anyway that still is the best what it can get in the current circumstances.

I will tell you even more, this support even somewhat exceeds my expectations I had several months ago.

Not only Poles, but almost all of the Warsaw Pact. The East German soldiers should have taken part in that also, but it was decided to keep them in reserve along the border.

England and Scotland formed the Union a couple of centuries ago, when no tank had been ever projected.
But England managed to make Scotland Bankrupt when she went off on some colonising. No money. The Scottish people did not have a say and were not for Union but the Parliament both needed and took the money. Money can work better than tanks.

But England managed to make Scotland Bankrupt when she went off on some colonising. No money. The Scottish people did not have a say and were not for Union but the Parliament both needed and took the money. Money can work better than tanks.
Maybe, I can't comment on this. I know that the Irish and Scots don't have too warm feelings for the English. They have a reason, I suppose.

I want to underline that I wasn't complaining. I understand that Ukraine gets hardware that isn't new and that has certain limits in operation.

The problem - except that Poland is always happy about to be a problem for Germany - is in a totally other way. First problem: Germany needs the own weapons - specially also on reasons of our duties for the NATO-shield. Second: Our best weapon systems need a lot of know how and a long vocational training in theory and practise. Third: The Ukrainians needed very fast weapons - and much more important: They need also the whole spectrum around weapons: logistics, training, amunition, repair parts and so on and so on. That's why we had the idea of a so called "ring-exchange". Some nations gave weapons to the Ukraine they are easily are able to use and which we replaced and/or will replace adequate with German and/or NATO weapons.

If I am right then this what the stupid and criminal Polish government calls "junk" is one of the most effective weapons - more modern than antiquated - which are used from Ukrainians who got a shortened training. Under constant fire without optimal service it may happen that such a weapon has to be repaired. And in general are also older weapons which are reactivated not "junk". This is comparable with aeroplanes who are always "young" or "new" as long as every part is replaced before it will reach its limits of use. Whatever will happen with whatever German system of weapons - I hope the Ukrainians will directly inform our government and/or our army - or our newpapers if no one of them reacts. For sure the Ukraine not needs a Polish guardian if "the Ukraine" - whoever this is - likes to tell us something.

Last edited:
Oh by the way undear Poles and undear US-Americans and/or undear Russians and undear Chinese. You waste much too much time to attack Germany and/or Europe. Anyway you will lose World War 3.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Albert Einstein

The problem - except that Poland is always happy about to be a problem for Germany - is in a totally other way. First problem: Germany needs the own weapons - specially also on reasons of our duties for the NATO-shield. Second: Our best weapon systems need a lot of know how and a long vocational training in theory and practise. Third: The Ukrainians needed very fast weapons - and much more important: They need also the whole spectrum around weapons: logistics, training, amunition, repair parts and so on and so on. That's why we had the idea of a so called "ring-exchange". Some nations gave weapons to the Ukraine they are easily are able to use and which we replaced and/or will replace adequate with German and/or NATO weapons.

If I am right then this what the stupid and criminal Polish government calls "junk" is one of the most effective weapons - more modern than antiquated - which are used from Ukrainians who got a shortened training. Under constant fire without optimal service it may happen that such a weapon has to be repaired. And in general are also older weapons which are reactivated not "junk". This is comparable with aeroplanes who are always "young" or "new" as long as every part is replaced before it will reach its limits of use. Whatever will happen with whatever German system of weapons - I hope the Ukrainians will directly inform our government and/or our army - or our newpapers if no one of them reacts. For sure the Ukraine not needs a Polish guardian if "the Ukraine" - whoever this is - likes to tell us something.

I know that the Germans don't like the Poles too much, and they have similar feelings. I haven't communicated with the Poles enough to have my reasonable opinion about them. From what I heard from others.. Well, opinions vary.

But nevertheless, I think that if Ukraine manages to preserve its territory and sovereignty in more or less affordable way, it will have to create some sort of a union with Poland. There is no other way.

Maybe, I can't comment on this. I know that the Irish and Scots don't have too warm feelings for the English. They have a reason, I suppose.
Yes, but they were some centuries ago. ;)

Ireland much closer.

I know that the Germans don't like the Poles too much, and they have similar feelings. I haven't communicated with the Poles enough to have my reasonable opinion about them. From what I heard from others.. Well, opinions vary.

But nevertheless, I think that if Ukraine manages to preserve its territory and sovereignty in more or less affordable way, it will have to create some sort of a union with Poland. There is no other way.

I guess Putin and perhaps also the criminal government of Poland will be on your side with your politics of the egocentralized colonial empires: The "There is no other way - because I have absolutelly not any idea what I really try to speak about - but I will do so"-politics. The Ukraine is not only in a shock of war now - she is also in a shock because the Russians - their "natural" allies - had attacked the Ukraine - what had been for the most Ukrainians an unthinkable thing before it had happened. But they did not waste their time with nonsense and are now in a situation where "to win" - whatever this will be concrete in the end - seems not to be an impossibility any longer. And fortunatelly has the Ukraine a lot of help from many nations. The most important now is that this sick war - which is for not anyone in the whole world any advantage - will end as soon as possible and the Russian aggressors do not win. It's not tolerable what the Russians are doing in the Ukraine. The Ukraine has the right to be a free country in a free world.

In memoriam: "Hier spricht RIAS Berlin. Eine freie Stimme der freien Welt". ("Here speaks RIAS-Berlin. A free voice of the free world.")

Last edited:
I guess Putin and perhaps also the criminal government of Poland will be on your side with your politics of the egocentralized colonial empires: The "There is no other way - because I have absolutelly not any idea what I really try to speak about - but I will do so"-politics. The Ukraine is not only in a shock of war now - she is also in a shock because the Russians - their "natural" allies - had attacked the Ukraine - what had been for the most Ukrainians an unthinkable thing before it had happened. But they did not waste their time with nonsense and are now in a situation where "to win" - whatever this will be concrete in the end - seems not to be an impossibility any longer. And fortunatelly has the Ukraine a lot of help from many nations. The most important now is that this sick war - which is for not anyone in the whole world any advantage - will end as soon as possible and the Russian aggressors do not win. It's not tolerable what the Russians are doing in the Ukraine. The Ukraine has the right to be a free country in a free world.

In memoriam: "Hier spricht RIAS Berlin. Eine freie Stimme der freien Welt". ("Here speaks RIAS-Berlin. A free voice of the free world.")

'The criminal government of Poland', yes. Putin, no. They can't be allies for someone at the same time. They pursue opposing goals.

For Ukraine, the task number one is to halt Russian advance. To make sure that the Russians are bogged down on the frontline and can't carry out any significant offensive operations. Everything else is derivative from that.

'The criminal government of Poland', yes. Putin, no.

?

They can't be allies for someone at the same time. They pursue opposing goals.

For Ukraine, the task number one is to halt Russian advance. To make sure that the Russians are bogged down on the frontline and can't carry out any significant offensive operations. Everything else is derivative from that.

?

I guess you have an opinion - or something what looks like an opinion. I know we need oil and gas and it looks like nearly everyone seems to be a criminal who sells oil and/or gas. And I doubt Putin is the very worst criminal under all this criminals.

?

?

I guess you have an opinion - or something what looks like an opinion. I know we need oil and gas and it looks like nearly everyone seems to be a criminal who sells oil and/or gas. And I doubt Putin is the very worst criminal under all this criminals.
If we take a look solely at the European continent (and exclude all "external' players), then three forces can be seen there that have their own interests and goals.

The Western Europe. This region pursues 'pragmatic' approach toward Russia. The countries there didn't view Russia as a threat since early 90s at least. And instead of thinking about mutual defence, they sought economic cooperation with Russia. This cooperation consisted of basically two things - getting Russian energy on affordable price and having access to the Russian market.

The Eastern Europe. These countries (the vast majority of them at least) keep viewing Russia as a direct threat to their security and sovereignty. They are more inclined in participating in a military alliance against Russia and viewed European reliance on Russian energy as a direct threat.

Russia itself. Or more correctly, the elites that rule this country. These elites were more than okay with money they get from Europe for selling Russian recourses there. But at some point of the time they got a feeling.. no, not of a threat, despite all that biolabs and nuclear rockets in Ukraine gibberish. They got a feeling of inferiority, maybe, a feeling that they aren't treated as they deserve in their eyes in European affairs. This feeling resulted in December's ultimatum, which of course was rejected by the West.

As a result of that, we have now what we have.

Forum List

Back