Poison Ivy

I rub poison ivy on one arm every spring. It sucks for a day or two, but then I can just ignore it the rest of the year.

About 20 years ago I got on my you know what. I’d been working in the yard and unknowingly what gotten it on my hands. Went in the house to take a leak...well some time later it got weird. I took hot showers to release the itching and fortunately I healed up quickly.

Look for TecNu products. They have something called Calagel that works as well as anything I have ever tried. TecNu also sells a wash that you can use when you know you have been exposed but before the rash appears. I keep some in my truck.

Sucks. I got it all over my arms and on my legs from the knees down. I got some Cortizone 19 but it's not working as good as I thought it would. Is there anything that works better than that?
/——/ BTDT. Try calamine lotion after an oatmeal bath. I never tried draining the blisters. So no opinion on that . Feel better.

Another thing to try if the itching is bad, put 2 damp washclothes in the freezer for about 10 or 15 minutes. Take one out and lay it across the rash. Cold knocks the itch down. Leave it on there until it warms up, then switch the cloth with the one in the freezer.

As for popping blister, I have done it. But I don't think it speeds healing. And I was told by a doctor that it opens it up for infection.

I have some Benedryl, I went to Walmart early this morning and they didn't have any rubbing alcohol.

Sucks. I got it all over my arms and on my legs from the knees down. I got some Cortizone 19 but it's not working as good as I thought it would. Is there anything that works better than that?
Best to keep a bar of Fels Naptha on hand - can ususally be found with the laundry soap.....I shower with it every time I find myself in PI country (which is all around me) as a precaution in case I came in contact.

Nothing you can really do after the breakout happens.

Email Donald Trump, since his cure for Covid is hydroxychloroquine, be assured he is an expert on other medical cures too. Remember, he's a genius who knows more than the Generals, the Medical Profession and every prior president, & keep in mind he alone has made America Great Again.

Forum List

Back