Pittsburgh Post-Gazette endorses Trump for handling of economy; first GOP presidential endorsement since 1972

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Remember how nobody cared to speak out in support of Trump in 2016? Even during a pandemic, 56% say they are better off than four years ago.

Only a well timed pandemic from Communist China could hurt America. Who will U.S citizens side with?

The editorial board of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette announced its endorsement of President Trump, praising the commander in chief's record on the economy and China.

"Under Donald Trump the economy, pre-COVID, boomed, like no time since the 1950s. Look at your 401(k) over the past three years," the board wrote. "Unemployment for Black Americans is lower than it has ever been, under any president of either party."

The paper also declared that Trump "moved the debate, in both parties, from free trade, totally unfettered, to managed, or fair, trade."

"He has put America first, just as he said he would," the Post-Gazette said.

The paper had not endorsed a Republican running for president since 1972.

It also said that Trump "achieved energy independence for the first time in the liftetimes of most of us."

"Thanks to him, middle America is on the map again and the Appalachian and hourly worker has some hope," the paper added. "Has Mr. Trump done enough for these struggling fellow citizens? No. But he recognized them. Maybe he was not articulate, but he recognized their pain."

But, the paper was also critical of the president's behavior.

"We share the embarrassment of millions of Americans who are disturbed by the president’s unpresidential manners and character — his rudeness and put-downs and bragging and bending of the truth," it said.

"None of this can be justified. The president’s behavior often has diminished his presidency, and the presidency," it added.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette endorses Trump for handling of economy; first GOP presidential endorsement since 1972
And the GOP candidate they backed in 1972 was none other than Tricky Dick "I'm Not A Crook" Nixon.

BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

At least they are consistent on the rare occasion when they do endorse a gop candidate. Both nixon and trump are crooks, and both were impeached.

1604253338903.png

And the GOP candidate they backed in 1972 was none other than Tricky Dick "I'm Not A Crook" Nixon.

At least they are consistent on the rare occasion when they do endorse a gop candidate. Both nixon and trump are crooks, and both were impeached.

View attachment 409673
I have to correct myself. Nixon wasn't impeached, However, he did see the writing on the wall, and resigned before he most definitely was going to be impeached, something trump also should have done, for the good of the country.

Remember how nobody cared to speak out in support of Trump in 2016? Even during a pandemic, 56% say they are better off than four years ago.
They would have been even better off with anyone on the left as president with the continuing upward trends they inherited from the previous administration.

Right, you could say that for about 4 weeks of a new administration, not 4 years.

View attachment 409673
I have to correct myself. Nixon wasn't impeached, However, he did see the writing on the wall, and resigned before he most definitely was going to be impeached, something trump also should have done, for the good of the country.

Nixon lacked balls!
Trump has Balls O' Steel which is why the Dimm's and you got concussed.
Can you say Amy Barrett? Come on now, repeat after me, Amy Barr.......:muahaha:...

View attachment 409673
The Hussein’s crimes were 1000 times worse than anything Nixon did.

They would have been even better off with anyone on the left as president with the continuing upward trends they inherited from the previous administration.

Right, you could say that for about 4 weeks of a new administration, not 4 years.
The left would not have started a trade war to slow our economy.

The editorial board of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette announced its endorsement of President Trump, praising the commander in chief's record on the economy and China.

And Pittsburgh is like the epicenter of liberal leftism in the state along with Philadelphia. If Pittsburgh turns red, the entire blue state is doomed to go red as well. And Pennsylvania is a key must win swing state. If I were a Bidenista democrat, I'd be shitting myself.

I mean, beside having a two-time loser oaf like Biddum in the WH.

Forum List

Back