PIRATES DECLARE THEY INTEND TO RETALIATE! Oh my...

What if:

We hijack a pirate vessel and demand warlords randsom. Would they pay us $3 million for their boat and their pirates?

Let's see if they care about the lives of those boys.

The Somali pirate are going to retaliate?

Yeah, right.

Now had you told me the Vikings were pissed, then I might have been concerned.

Those guys are Thor losers.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
What if:
We hijack a pirate vessel and demand warlords randsom. Would they pay us $3 million for their boat and their pirates?
But Somalia is a really poor nation. Maybe we could give then some stimulus or TARP money to pay us with? Just an idea.

I have a better idea.

Let's hire Blackwater or Halliburton to hijack our ships for them.

Milo Minderbinder was just ahead of his time.

Comcast.net: US captain freed; Somali pirates vow to retaliate

NAIROBI, Kenya — Three flawless shots. Three pirates killed. Bracing themselves on a rolling warship in choppy seas, U.S. Navy snipers took down a trio of Somali pirates with single shots, freeing the American sea captain being held at gunpoint, a Navy commander said Monday.

Angry pirates vowed retaliation for the deaths, raising fears for the safety of some 230 foreign sailors still held hostage in more than a dozen ships anchored off the coast of lawless Somalia.

"From now on, if we capture foreign ships and their respective countries try to attack us, we will kill them (the hostages)," Jamac Habeb, a 30-year-old pirate, told The Associated Press from one of Somalia's piracy hubs, Eyl. "(U.S. forces have) become our No. 1 enemy."

Well we're in for it now... :eusa_eh:

LOL... Oh who's kiddin' who, I can't EVEN keep a straight face on this one...

The "We just make it easier for them to recruit Pirates..." and the "This is why they HATE US!" crowd can now begin to rally around this one...

Enjoy...

Discuss and spew... which ever is called for by your respective natures...

DITTO--I am having a little fun with this one also. What about--"have we created more pirate/terrorists because we killed some"? Wasn't that what Obama & his followers said over the last 8 years when we were killing insurgents & terrorists? "We were only creating more terrorists."

Where is the "America is too blame crowd right now"? Where are the cries from the left that the only reason they captured our ship--was because we have "starved" them out? And now we're killing them.

Nope--they're out their rallying behind the commander & chief--stating he did the right thing. Well, YEAH--I don't think there was ever a President in U.S. history that would have given a command NOT TO SHOOT--if a hostage were in imminent danger.

The rules of engagement have just changed back to the George Bush rules of engagement. PUT THE COMMANDERS THAT ARE THERE IN CHARGE. And the left in this country is just perfectly O.K. with it now.

NAIROBI, Kenya — Three flawless shots. Three pirates killed. Bracing themselves on a rolling warship in choppy seas, U.S. Navy snipers took down a trio of Somali pirates with single shots, freeing the American sea captain being held at gunpoint, a Navy commander said Monday.

Angry pirates vowed retaliation for the deaths, raising fears for the safety of some 230 foreign sailors still held hostage in more than a dozen ships anchored off the coast of lawless Somalia.

"From now on, if we capture foreign ships and their respective countries try to attack us, we will kill them (the hostages)," Jamac Habeb, a 30-year-old pirate, told The Associated Press from one of Somalia's piracy hubs, Eyl. "(U.S. forces have) become our No. 1 enemy."

The "We just make it easier for them to recruit Pirates..." and the "This is why they HATE US!" crowd can now begin to rally around this one...

Enjoy...

DITTO--I am having a little fun with this one also. What about--"have we created more pirate/terrorists because we killed some"? Wasn't that what Obama & his followers said over the last 8 years when we were killing insurgents & terrorists? "We were only creating more terrorists."

Where is the "America is too blame crowd right now"? Where are the cries from the left that the only reason they captured our ship--was because we have "starved" them out? And now we're killing them.

Nope--they're out their rallying behind the commander & chief--stating he did the right thing. Well, YEAH--I don't think there was ever a President in U.S. history that would have given a command NOT TO SHOOT--if a hostage were in imminent danger.

The rules of engagement have just changed back to the George Bush rules of engagement. PUT THE COMMANDERS THAT ARE THERE IN CHARGE. And the left in this country is just perfectly O.K. with it now.

they're in the kitchen spicing some crow.. Old man irony done come to visit em! :lol::lol:

Yeah, right.

These Thor losers as you refer to them, are extremely well-armed in case you didn't notice. I saw a couple of 50 caliber machine guns & each & every one is carrying an ak-47, along with grenade rocket launchers. Don't fool yourself--they can do some serious damage.

How the remaining hostages will be treated is unclear as yet. But no matter what I do approve of the action. We can't let rogue militia's run about the world inflicting terror on everyone else. It's time they had a dose of their own medicine.

But, one thing for certain--they aren't done yet.

Last edited:

Enjoy...

they're in the kitchen spicing some crow.. Old man irony done come to visit em! :lol::lol:

Yep--what goes around comes around.

Oreo seems to be having a lapse of memory:

Had the HIGH COMMAND been listened to by the Bush II admin BEFORE we went into Iraq, we'd have had enough boots on the ground to not only win that war quickly, but to secure the peace quickly.

So your theory that Bush II was the sort of leader who knew when to listen to his generals is basically groundless.

Yeah, right.

These Thor losers as you refer to them, are extremely well-armed in case you didn't notice. I saw a couple of 50 caliber machine guns & each & every one is carrying an ak-47, along with grenade rocket launchers. Don't fool yourself--they can do some serious damage.

How the remaining hostages will be treated is unclear as yet. But no matter what I do approve of the action. We can't let rogue militia's run about the world inflicting terror on everyone else. It's time they had a dose of their own medicine.

But, one thing for certain--they aren't done yet.

Then neither are we.

Enjoy...

I don't think anyone's going to compare actions taken in a hostage situation with pirates to the sorry clusterfuck in the Middle East.
Besides, this operation was a success...they actually took out the bad guys and didn't instead invade Spain or some other such stupid shit.

Although there's one valid comparison...like Iraq under Saddam, in spite of all the posturing and sabre-rattling, the pirates aren't any real threat to our nation.

They will likely be a threat to U.S. ships in that part of the world, though...I think our ship's crews should be armed and trained to repel attacks. The next crew these characters get their hands on will likely be slaughtered in retaliation...we should make sure our sailors have the capability to defend themselves.

NOooooooooooo ...

I'm sure that Muslim Pirates, are COMPLETELY distinct from Muslim terrorists... and US "SHIPPING" is WHOLLY DISTINCT FROM THE "US"... so NO ONE COULD EVER claim that a THREAT TO US SHIPPING IS A THREAT TO THE US...

WHO COULD EVEN COMPARE THE TWO? They're INCOMPARABLE... except for the singularity.

LOL... Leftists...

I mean just because it's Muslims demanding that people react to their complaint and PAY THROUGH THE NOSE... for their dispair... THATS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM TERRORISM....

Sure...

I see what you're saying...

But then idiocy is idiocy and the COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TAKE BY THE MUSLIM WORLD ON THINGS LIKE HUMAN RIGHTS AND THE INTRINSIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THOSE RIGHTS... needs to be taken into consideration and we in the west just need to understand that THEY SEE IT DIFFERENTLY THAN WE DO....

Here's the thing... FUCK THEM AND THEIR WAY OF THINKING.

We don't actually have to lend 'their way of thinking' ANY CREDENCE... just like 'we', speaking as an AMERICAN do not have to lend credence to ANY FACET OF LEFT-THINK...

Any questions? .
And we don't care if Europe doesn't 'like us...' or that Australians feel we're 'cowboys...' we don't require the respect of idiots and for the record what, except an idiot, would?

Last edited:
Be serious, Pubes, this isn't gonna get the pirates more recruits. I think STARVATION and a NON-STATE has that pretty much covered.

Ahhhh... well there ya have it kids... a LEFTISTS coming to imply that THE NEED OF THE PIRATES overcomes the rights of those who 'have' what would otherwise 'FILL THEIR NEED'...

Now when I speak to those who promote the interests of the ENEMY... ^^^ That is what I am speaking of...

Though I do agree with Teq_Esq, in the case of Somalia, it's gonna remain like this unless the whole international community gets serious about dealing with the problem, and I'm talking troops, nation-building, a mini-marshall plan, the whole thing to get the place cleaned up and going. Wouldn't be cheap, but if we all put in a bit we can diffuse the losses, and who knows, how much is it gonna cost to keep having skirmishes every summer for the next 200 years? I say we deal with it now.

Yes... Kids don't you realize that 'we' must rebuld Somalia... to GIVE THEM A DEMOCRATIC NATION... where the rights of the individual are respected... I mean sure... It might look A LOT like what we did in Iraq... which of course this idiot PROTESTED TO THE EXTENT OF HER MEANS... but 'we' need to save the Somali people, from their OWN OVERT, VEHEMENT, DISRESPECT OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL...

Everyone got that? And "NO KILLING OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS..." to be sure... setting aside that whole thing where the three Pirates we killed Saturday were Innocent Civilians... considering that they were poor and all... and were just working a 'sound business model' so they wouldn't STARVE...

Oh it's so VERY COMPLEX!

Last edited:
Oreo seems to be having a lapse of memory:

Had the HIGH COMMAND been listened to by the Bush II admin BEFORE we went into Iraq, we'd have had enough boots on the ground to not only win that war quickly, but to secure the peace quickly.

So your theory that Bush II was the sort of leader who knew when to listen to his generals is basically groundless.

We had more troops on the ground in Iraq to win the war quickly than we had when we 'secured the peace'...

Don't revise history dickless... Bush went on defense post Abu Gahrib and THAT is where the peace lost its security... HAD Bush 'captured' the reporters that 'broke' Abu Gahrib 'story'... sent their sorry ass to Gitmo; and NOT spent one second worrying about the the left's reaction to US troop presence on "INNOCENT IRAQI CIVILIANS" TAKEN GROUND AND HELD GROUND... there would have been NO INSURGENCY, thus no troop pull down, thus no need for a 'surge.'

Where Bush failed in Iraq he failed due to his reaction to leftist crying...

Which is as predictable as the sun rising and the FAST LANE TO 27% popularity.

Arrrrrg I hope they aren't offended by me talking like a pirate. Bring em on I says !!!
and blow the shit out of countries that are financing em too by paying King's Ransoms !
Shiver me timbers--me eye patch is slippin and my *!@&#!**# parrot bit my ear off .

I wonder if Latrell Spreewell post-NBA career was working as a pirates. Wouldn't surprise me. After all,

His last contract offer, the former Minnesota Timberwolves' player Latrell Sprewell turned down a four-year, $40 million contract offer, citing, "I have mouths to feed."

Enjoy...

Iraq didn't attack us.

The pirates attacked first.

That's why in Iraq we could be painted as the aggressor, but in the case of the pirates, they were the aggressor. In the latter case, we had every right to act. In Iraq, we were the invaders.

See the difference? I know its a subtle distinction.

Enjoy...

The first rule of war is to understand your enemies. The comparison of pirates and Islamic terrorists is very weak. Piracy exists because it is profitable. Terrorism exists because zealots don't like it when "infidels" interfere in their affairs. Very few, if any, attack us because they “hate freedom,” rather they attack us because they believe we want to destroy Islam. Attacking Islamic countries mostly makes it easier to convert devout Muslims to violent extremism. That doesn’t mean we should avoid attacking them under any circumstances, but it does represent an extra cost that vastly outweighed the likely yield of, say, attacking Iraq. Invading Somalia and attempting to establish a nation there would probably eliminate the piracy at a very high cost, and would probably serve as yet another recruiting tool for Islamic extremists who say we're systematically destroying Islam and trying to replace it with democracy and secularism.

Piracy is defeated by removing its profitability despite what statements may be said in the interim out of anger. The armed forces did a flawless job here, but the solution is going to have to involve target hardening - much cheaper than invading Somalia. Lets not pay to destroy and rebuild another fucking country.

You know many countries do not allow weapons on civilian ships right? Are you suggesting we should just not have trade with those countries or we violate their laws?

Those laws need to change because of piracy, not that they made any sense to begin with. As the largest economy America should have considerable influence in this.

In other news...

A group of bank robbers vow to fight back against the police that killed one of their team members.

"From now on, if we are robbing a bank and the city cops try to stop us, we will kill them (the hostages)," Bob Smith, a 30-year-old bank robber, told The Associated Press. "(The city cops have) become our No. 1 enemy."

What these pirate don't seem to realize is that there are consequences to breaking the law.

The pirates were just morons. Usually they do a better job than this. Their plan was a longshot and they died of stupidity, not criminality per se. What we need is to make it so that piracy is never or at least rarely a fast way to gain 3 million dollars. The success rates of the pirates are remarkably high so far, though recent incidents suggest an encouraging trend of dead pirates.

Enjoy...

Iraq didn't attack us.

The pirates attacked first.

That's why in Iraq we could be painted as the aggressor, but in the case of the pirates, they were the aggressor. In the latter case, we had every right to act. In Iraq, we were the invaders.

See the difference? I know its a subtle distinction.

We already KILLED the pirates who did it. Quit profiling. Leave the rest alone----they haven't done anything else to America you imperialist bastard !!

Forum List

Back