Pink Floyd: "Rolling Stones should boycott Israel"

Pink Floyd?s Roger Waters and Nick Mason: Why Rolling Stones shouldn?t play in Israel - Salon.com

Good for them.

No doubt we will hear from the usual suspects that Roger Waters is an anti-Semite.
Now Hear This, JoeB. If he is Pro BDS it stands to reason he is Anti Israel. What do you think BDS stands for, except a training platform for Jew-hating sonsabitches?

I think it stands for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions- Peaceful ways to get a country that is acting badly to modify its behavior.
Except for Iran, N Korea, and about a few dozen more back assward cesspools. But then, Israel catches the flak instead.

Now Hear This, JoeB. If he is Pro BDS it stands to reason he is Anti Israel. What do you think BDS stands for, except a training platform for Jew-hating sonsabitches?

I think it stands for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions- Peaceful ways to get a country that is acting badly to modify its behavior.
Except for Iran, N Korea, and about a few dozen more back assward cesspools. But then, Israel catches the flak instead.

Um, sorry, guy, N. Korea and Iran are on the banned list, we can't trade with them and we don't let anyone else trade with them. Please, if the Zionist Entity was treated as harshly as NOrth Korea, they probably wouldn't think they were the Sky Pixie's special boys and girls.

Um, sorry, guy, N. Korea and Iran are on the banned list, we can't trade with them and we don't let anyone else trade with them. Please, if the Zionist Entity was treated as harshly as NOrth Korea, they probably wouldn't think they were the Sky Pixie's special boys and girls.

You really think Jewish Israelis see themselves as special?
You couldn't be more wrong.
If you did a poll and asked Israelis if they believe that they are chosen ones and therefore special, you would be surprised by the answers.

Sure, there are some Jews who feel that way, but they are certainly a very small minority.

In fact, I hear Israel/Jew haters talk about it all the time whereas Jews never do.

If you did a poll and asked Israelis if they believe that they are chosen ones and therefore special, you would be surprised by the answers.

Sure, there are some Jews who feel that way, but they are certainly a very small minority.

In fact, I hear Israel/Jew haters talk about it all the time whereas Jews never do.

When you run over peace activists with bulldozers, you probably think you are God's very own special psycho.

When you run over peace activists with bulldozers, you probably think you are God's very own special psycho.

And that's the example you use? It happened once and there's nothing that proved he did it intentionally.
You make it sound like it's happened several times. Really pathetic post and you also didn't address what I said.
You've never been to Israel but you talk as if you know so much about them.

Most Jews don't feel that way about themselves.

Joe, hate to butt in here, but are you ever going to mention the armed terrorist who was hiding in the office of Rachel Corrie's group? The guy came all the way from Great Britain and eventually went to Mike's Place in Tel Aviv and blew himself up, killing several people and wounding several others. Maybe you condone something like this because you never mention this. After all, these people in Mike's Place were just enjoying a peaceful day and they never expected someone who hid out with the International Solidarity Movement to come do them harm.

Pink Floyd?s Roger Waters and Nick Mason: Why Rolling Stones shouldn?t play in Israel - Salon.com

With the recent news that the Rolling Stones will be playing their first-ever concert in Israel, and at what is a critical time in the global struggle for Palestinian freedom and equal rights, we, the two surviving founders of Pink Floyd, have united in support of Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS), a growing, nonviolent global human rights movement initiated by Palestinian civil society in 2005 to end Israel’s occupation, racial discrimination and denial of basic Palestinian rights.

The BDS movement is modeled on the successful nonviolent movements that helped end Jim Crow in the American South and apartheid in South Africa. Indeed, key figures who led the South African freedom struggle, like Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Mandela’s close associate, Ahmed Kathrada, have come out in support of BDS for Palestinian rights. BDS offers us all a way to nonviolently pressure the Israeli government to fully realize that its injustices against the Palestinian people are legally and morally unacceptable and unsustainable.

Good for them.

No doubt we will hear from the usual suspects that Roger Waters is an anti-Semite.

So what about the other 3 members of Pink Floyd what did they have to say.

And yes Waters is a rabid Jew hater and does not hide the fact. That is why he is a run down old has been with very few followers.

Waters and Mason do not constitute Pink Floyd, they were there at the beginning but Waters sought to take the ball and go home. The surviving members would be Gilmour and Mason.
With the passing of Rick Wright in 2008 (RIP) and Gilmour's dissolution announcement in 2006, there is no Pink Floyd. There have been subsequent inclusive appearances but they were as individuals not as the Floyd.

You see, I have a different view. What made Pink Floyd was the artistic vision of Waters. Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and of course, The Wall were all him.

Nobody thinks that the Gilmour/Mason led Floyd produced anything of note. The Division Bell and Momentary Lapse of Reason are uninspired albums.

Not to true Floyd followers as Division Bell is iconic and has sold more that the other albums

When did this BDS thread become a testimonial to a raft of meth freaks, crackheads and dead druggies,?
Mind you, I'm speaking as an old Bing Crosby fan.
So then you wouldn't have an opinion on the merits of The Floyd's St. Tropez over Steely Dan's East St. Louis Toodle Oo?
I probably would have a favorable opinion of one over the other if I had to smoke weed to possess music appreciation. I think I'll just hang with Hank Williams and the Grand Ol' Opry. I can listen to that with a good cigar or a pinch of snuff. :D

Like Hank and the boys did not do drugs.

[q

Joe, hate to butt in here, but are you ever going to mention the armed terrorist who was hiding in the office of Rachel Corrie's group? The guy came all the way from Great Britain and eventually went to Mike's Place in Tel Aviv and blew himself up, killing several people and wounding several others. Maybe you condone something like this because you never mention this. After all, these people in Mike's Place were just enjoying a peaceful day and they never expected someone who hid out with the International Solidarity Movement to come do them harm.

nope, not going to mention it because it isn't that important.

You stole their land. Of course, they are going to try to blow you up.

Why the hell wouldn't they?

Don't want to get blown up, go back to Europe where you came from.

Waters and Mason do not constitute Pink Floyd, they were there at the beginning but Waters sought to take the ball and go home. The surviving members would be Gilmour and Mason.
With the passing of Rick Wright in 2008 (RIP) and Gilmour's dissolution announcement in 2006, there is no Pink Floyd. There have been subsequent inclusive appearances but they were as individuals not as the Floyd.

You see, I have a different view. What made Pink Floyd was the artistic vision of Waters. Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and of course, The Wall were all him.

Nobody thinks that the Gilmour/Mason led Floyd produced anything of note. The Division Bell and Momentary Lapse of Reason are uninspired albums.

Not to true Floyd followers as Division Bell is iconic and has sold more that the other albums

That's probably not true. Dark Side of the Moon was a best seller for decades.

Also, the Division Bell is really a shitty album. I mean, it isn't the steaming pile that Momentary Lapse of Reason was.

I do remember being at the Soldier Field concert Floyd did in 1994, where they played Lapse and Bell songs, and the crowd politely listened, and then when they got to the Earlier Waters era stuff, that's when the crowd got excited and cheered.

Nothing like a sing-along of 50,000 people doing the lyrics for "Wish YOu were Here".

With the recent news that the Rolling Stones will be playing their first-ever concert in Israel, and at what is a critical time in the global struggle for Palestinian freedom and equal rights, we, the two surviving founders of Pink Floyd, have united in support of Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS), a growing, nonviolent global human rights movement initiated by Palestinian civil society in 2005 to end Israel’s occupation, racial discrimination and denial of basic Palestinian rights.

The BDS movement is modeled on the successful nonviolent movements that helped end Jim Crow in the American South and apartheid in South Africa. Indeed, key figures who led the South African freedom struggle, like Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Mandela’s close associate, Ahmed Kathrada, have come out in support of BDS for Palestinian rights. BDS offers us all a way to nonviolently pressure the Israeli government to fully realize that its injustices against the Palestinian people are legally and morally unacceptable and unsustainable.

Good for them.

And yes Waters is a rabid Jew hater and does not hide the fact. That is why he is a run down old has been with very few followers.

If you read the Article, Nick Mason co-signed the statement.

Richard Wright passed away in 2008. Syd Barrett passed away in 2006.

David Gilmour is not a founding member, and did not sign on to the statement.

Oh, as far as Waters not having many followers, he's been spending the last few years on tour performing The Wall to sold out stadiums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Live_(2010-2013)

Total Gross Revenue - $458,673,798

Good for them.

If you read the Article, Nick Mason co-signed the statement.

Richard Wright passed away in 2008. Syd Barrett passed away in 2006.

David Gilmour is not a founding member, and did not sign on to the statement.

Oh, as far as Waters not having many followers, he's been spending the last few years on tour performing The Wall to sold out stadiums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_Live_(2010-2013)

Total Gross Revenue - $458,673,798

Dont worry Joe I am sure you cant catch Dirty Jew germs.

Last edited:
Okay, diptstick.

It's isn't about the Jews.

It's about one group treating another group like second class citizens in their own country. Something we Americans would normally be against, but we have this big blind spot about Israel, Liberals and Conservatives alike.

I do recall when I was a college conservative, and there was this snivelly liberal Jewish kid who was talking all sorts of smack about South Africa and Apartheid. And my answer to him was, "And how is that any different to what the Israelis do to the Palestinians?"

Dead Silence.

Okay, diptstick.

It's about one group treating another group like second class citizens in their own country. Something we Americans would normally be against, but we have this big blind spot about Israel, Liberals and Conservatives alike.

I do recall when I was a college conservative, and there was this snivelly liberal Jewish kid who was talking all sorts of smack about South Africa and Apartheid. And my answer to him was, "And how is that any different to what the Israelis do to the Palestinians?"

Dead Silence.
Oh stop. We all know it is because they are Jews . You hate Jews. The democrat Party Hates Jews... Racism is what you are all about.

Okay, diptstick.

Dead Silence.
Oh stop. We all know it is because they are Jews . You hate Jews. The democrat Party Hates Jews... Racism is what you are all about.

Um, yeah, guy, not that I'm a Democrat. I'm a Republican trying to get the Party back from the Religious nuts and rich douchebags.

But how do you explain the fact that Obama got 78% of the Jewish vote in 2008 and 69% of the Jewish vote in 2012?

In fact, the Democrats have won the majority of the Jewish vote in every election since they started tracking it in 1920.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/jewvote.html

Let me know when you figure that one out, Okay?

Okay, diptstick.

Dead Silence.

Um, yeah, guy, not that I'm a Democrat. I'm a Republican trying to get the Party back from the Religious nuts and rich douchebags.

But how do you explain the fact that Obama got 78% of the Jewish vote in 2008 and 69% of the Jewish vote in 2012?

In fact, the Democrats have won the majority of the Jewish vote in every election since they started tracking it in 1920.

Lying doesnt change what we know about you and your party JewHateingJoe.

Lying doesnt change what we know about you and your party JewHateingJoe.

Guy, is literacy one of those things they didn't cover with you in Home school?

Forum List

Back