Physicians Reluctant To Move To Anti Abortion States. Corporations To Move Elsewhere

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Physician recruiters are having trouble filling positions, not only ob-gyn, but other specialties as well. One recruiter was turned down by 20 doctors, who did not want to practice in a red state. One doctor had a three word answer: “Roe vs. Wade.” Resident physicians are not seeking employment in red states. Medical students are preparing to look elsewhere for residencies.

This will have an enormous negative impact on health care for all, but especially for women in rural areas.

Tellingly, Florence added, none of the recruiters had encountered a single physician seeking to practice in a state because it had banned abortion.

A third-year OB/GYN resident at U-N. M., Alana Carstens Yalom attended medical school at Tulane University, in New Orleans. She had entertained the idea of going back to Louisiana for her medical practice. Not anymore. She wants abortion care to be a part of her OB/GYN practice, and Louisiana has a ban.

"Now I don't think that is even an option for me," she said.

Red states will lose business revenue and probably have a decline in population, which could be a good result.

“Major pharmaceutical company looks to expand out of Indiana following abortion ban,” is the headline of a Yahoo News article, originally published by The Hill. Eli Lilly will not be the only company to do this. More will follow, especially in the areas of technology and science, imo. The law of unintended consequences for the GOP in their zealous scheme to restrict a woman’s right to choose.

C'mon Fuck.Boy® ..... there are physicians and abortionists.

They're not subsets of each other. Maybe this will help:

6p877b.jpg

Physician recruiters are having trouble filling positions, not only ob-gyn, but other specialties as well. One recruiter was turned down by 20 doctors, who did not want to practice in a red state. One doctor had a three word answer: “Roe vs. Wade.” Resident physicians are not seeking employment in red states. Medical students are preparing to look elsewhere for residencies.

This will have an enormous negative impact on health care for all, but especially for women in rural areas.

Tellingly, Florence added, none of the recruiters had encountered a single physician seeking to practice in a state because it had banned abortion.

A third-year OB/GYN resident at U-N. M., Alana Carstens Yalom attended medical school at Tulane University, in New Orleans. She had entertained the idea of going back to Louisiana for her medical practice. Not anymore. She wants abortion care to be a part of her OB/GYN practice, and Louisiana has a ban.

Red states will lose business revenue and probably have a decline in population, which could be a good result.

“Major pharmaceutical company looks to expand out of Indiana following abortion ban,” is the headline of a Yahoo News article, originally published by The Hill. Eli Lilly will not be the only company to do this. More will follow, especially in the areas of technology and science, imo. The law of unintended consequences for the GOP in their zealous scheme to restrict a woman’s right to choose.

This is a real shame. Red states already have shortages in many specialties.

I call bullshit. I imagine most doctors don’t want to be anywhere near an abortion.
The doctor I worked for who did abortions in addition to his general practice never looked very happy when he was ripping tiny unborn babies limb from limb. But he got paid about $200 for actually spending 15 minutes with the patient, from first contact to the part where I was cleaning up the equipment and flushing the victims down the sink drain. $800 an hour was good money in 1982.

Very good.

Authoritarian red states hostile to privacy right should suffer the consequences of their contempt for individual liberty.

Forum List

Back