Physical theatre

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Theatre in India has often been deeply traditional, using storylines, dialogue and song to reflect issues in society.

But over the last few years at the annual theatre festival held in Delhi, a different type of production has been gaining popularity.

Inspired by their international counterparts, Indian directors are experimenting with forms of physical theatre which use light, sound and body movements to tell the story.

Watch the video here: BBC News - Physical theatre draws attention of theatre-lovers in India

Theatre in India has often been deeply traditional, using storylines, dialogue and song to reflect issues in society.

But over the last few years at the annual theatre festival held in Delhi, a different type of production has been gaining popularity.

Inspired by their international counterparts, Indian directors are experimenting with forms of physical theatre which use light, sound and body movements to tell the story.

Watch the video here: BBC News - Physical theatre draws attention of theatre-lovers in India

I took such a workshop when I was living in the international community of Auroville, India the last 6 months of 2013. It was a little outside what I would normally participate in, but that was all the more reason why I wanted to do it, especially since this community is becoming renown worldwide for this and many other existential practices and explorations. I learned quite a bit and grew greatly my awareness as a person. I loved it. Great way to finish off my stay in India. You can read more about this group and there arts at the link below.

Auroville Retreat - Home

Last edited:

Forum List

Back