physical, mental relationship issues.

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
So here goes.

As a patient who endured two emergency surgeries which resulted from a leg 'charley horse' which collected into a hematoma to which the swelling and the collections of fluids did not deplete but rather accumulated into a leaking and from there an infection, I have to admit that the physical, mental relationship issues that one has to endure dealing with a certain kind of 'life' can have its toll... not only on the patient but on the doctors and nurses as well.

And although freedom is fought for, it seems very contrary that 'freedom' is actually wanted by such personnel who persist in having their own right to be able to be free; in expression, in life, in safeties and in self preservation(s)...

What i mean is that these doctors and nurses claim to be infringed upon when certain patients, who are being denied visitation rights from their local friends and family due to this covid-19 'thing' prevents the patients from having any kind of human interaction with those they have knowledge outside of the certain 'wards' or 'units' or 'wings' within the hospital setting(s)... to which if the visitation rights were not infringed upon the patient could and would still remain in a somewhat quasi associative condition to keep in touch with the outside world with personal contacts rather than needing to depend on only phone conversations.... and this also is a right where 'freedom' does have a key issue.

So while being a patient and while being denied any visitation rights due to this covid 19 thing by close friends, relatives, loved ones, spouse, etc...the patient can grow a little more dependent upon self. And within the hours of the day being in a room recovering from 2 emergency surgeries with open wounds and post surgical healing needing to occur and all the while not completely 'remedied' but with possibilities of further skin grafting surgeries, etc.... the patient does still require sustenance with foods and drinks... And as a debilitated patient and with the nurses and aides within the unit to tend to the patients' well beings, assisting the patients with their personal 'well being' maintaining should also be assumed to be a natural part of a person's tending to self and self preservation and self maintenance.

So let us flip the situation...

Let me assume that I'm a nurse or an aide or a wing leader... A patient is within the unit I'm nurse within and he/she has a certain quirk that is unlike the other patients' own quirks. And this patient seems to be well adept in ordering outside food, not excessively but as hunger allows, while trying to be as cordial and patient-like as any other tended to patient in the unit while and after receiving surgeries for whatever reason so that recuperation could occur to be discharged and the regular outside world could be reaccepted into the life. So as a nurse I'm informed, either by this patient or by another staff this patient has dialogue with that certain Uber foods, or Door Dash food deliveries, or Grubhub deliveries, are being ordered, for hunger's sake, and this patient was wondering, since he/she has been denied any visitor rights by which the visitors could have brought in some extra 'grub' or even some other allowed material, if a nurse or aide could kindly go to the front of the ward, the unit, the extension, the wing, into the main lobby area, not more than 500 feet or so away from the nurse's unit in the wing, to pick up the delivery OR if not if the patient would be allowed to venture a little walk to do so himself/herself. But since the unit also restricts the patient from doing any 'leaving' of the unit, the patient is left to ask for another permitted one to pick up the delivery; of course for hunger's sake. And so as a nurse, I would not find this odd nor out of place seeing that even I would require food to be eaten if I was hungry and that I also do not always follow the normal eat like everyone else on t.v does, type of life.. at exact times with exact measures, with exact proportions, etc.... and so to be a nurse or an aide to patients' well being, to extend concern to their well being, picking up an ordered item, food wise, for the patient, would inform me as a nurse, that he/she was trying to get healthy him/herself by eating and providing for his/her own bodily 'health', to which I would not find too out of place but rather enthused that such a patient was desiring to cooperate with the healing process rather than sit and sulk and be depressed due to some emergency surgeries which might have taken some 'joy' and physical privileges out/away from his/her life... even if such hematomas turning into infections and the limbs thereof needed to be amputated... nonetheless, to assist in the patients' personal tending to self would not be a burden, more or less, to me as a nurse working in a hospital setting, but would have me feel privileged in being allowed a little glimpse into the patient's personal tending to self to which I would find as being 'helpful' rather than 'obligatory' to assist the patient with their personal requirements and personal progression unto discharge. Now keep in mind all this is for a no more than a 500 feet walk away from the unit while others are on the unit, a picking up of a delivered bag or bags which would be waiting at/in the lobby and a returning to the unit, another 500 feet or so to have the bag, the bags, given to the patient to which the patient's heart and life and spirit would spring back into a well joyful hope of a better brighter tomorrow; not to mention the subsiding of the hunger pangs. And this, as a nurse, I would not find as wrong to do nor burdensomed to do; even if it was a courtesy that as a paid nurse or aide, I would assist the patients with their personal well being.

So I, once again as the patient, after being reprimanded that to have such expectations of any pick up of foods or such from the main lobby be extended and being told that to have the nurse or aide actually extend that kindness is more of a courtesy and not a breaking of a restriction, would cause an uneasy feeling and tension between staff and patient... the staff being in full health while the patient is in wound bandages, wrappings and open sores and stiches and staples, etc... So a phone call is made to the original unit from where the 'transfer' occurred..

From 1 hospital to another, each hospital worker, just like each unit's nurse and aides, should have some basic idea of what is being asked by the local persons that call in, right? So if a person calls in and asks what could be done to be retransferred out of the place where visitation rights are restricted to the operator's response that he/she does not know would only show that the worker who answered the phone was not trained on how to respond to questions he/she is unsure about.. Instead of 'I do not know' a 'if you call back between such and such time and ask for etc etc, maybe he/she could better assist you', could prove alot less painful speaking with such paid workers whose response to patients and loved ones of patients and such is 'i do not know'.

And then for the helping community of aides and nurses and doctors to have the same type of mentalities; that even in nursing homes where seniors need to be try to find rest and solace but being beaten and slapped around by those 2 or 3 times their minors only goes to show that these nurses and or aides or hospital setting staff, who require more than a highschool diploma to tend to such debilitations are actually getting paid in the 'helping' profession while being disgruntled with extending 'helping' attitudes and actual 'helps'.

• Banned
So the food was ordered, the person from the delivery 'team', door dash, calls and says that she was sent to a different address than what was placed on the 'delivery' address; on the order form.. etc... gps handles these sorts of location problems and while she is explaining that she was redirected to another location, she says that she is being held up by gunpoint... I ask, at gunpoint, to which she replies yes to to that precise moment. I hang up, call her back and ask if she wants me to call the local authorities for her and she says that it was the police who was holding a gun to her.

Well, she gets to the correct location, the nurse is irate because she went down to the lobby for no reason, the driver leaves the food with the security downstairs, the driver calls in and tells me that the food was left at the right address with the security downstairs to which I say, God bless you and I'm glad you did not get shot.

Was this a Freudian slip?

two emergency surgeries which resulted from a leg 'charley horse'
The legal term is MAYHEM. Sometimes cause and effect are reversed or perverted.
she was sent to a different address than what was placed on the 'delivery' address; on the order form.. etc... gps
Women are told they are "queer" and they need a map and compass or sense of direction or something like that.
My dream is a life without worries. My name is Alexander
Some dude is gay and people are full of shit, because it's not like he's "out" and living happily after with some other dude.

My only issue with hospital are nurses who think they are nurse cops who can impeded what you want to do, up to and checking out on one's own.

A cousin had to inform a nurse (quietly and privately) that if he was interfered with in leaving he would paying said nurse a visit at home. This was some twenty years ago, and I don't remember what happened. But I understand the feeling.

My only issue with hospital are nurses who think they are nurse cops who can impeded what you want to do, up to and checking out on one's own.
They go to court and petition for civil commitment to keep you as a patient, and from that point on, it's mental health only. You will never have any physical health care.
A cousin had to inform a nurse (quietly and privately) that if he was interfered with in leaving he would paying said nurse a visit at home. This was some twenty years ago, and I don't remember what happened. But I understand the feeling
Hospitals are Mafia extortion rackets and that's the only language they understand. Don't dare make an outright threat to sue or use force to get out of the hospital.

The U.S. healthcare system is a system of Catholicism that offers homosexual "conversion therapy" for gay patients, as well as abortions under extenuating circumstances on the advice and consent of celebrate priests.

Forum List

Back