photoshop gurus wanted

I like sitarro's! They are more full lips. Moist, too! And it matches the scarf to boot. Can't get better than that, lol.

Thank you IMEURU. I actually liked the shape that you used better but that woman has some huge lips, make Angelina jealous. Then again it was hard to see exactly where the lines were with the lack of resolution. I liked how you highlighted the lower lip too. I thought that matching the blindfold was the obvious choice, it's how I would have had her made up if I was the photographer. I can't believe Ernie assumed I was female for that.:doubt:

I like sitarro's! They are more full lips. Moist, too! And it matches the scarf to boot. Can't get better than that, lol.

Thank you IMEURU. I actually liked the shape that you used better but that woman has some huge lips, make Angelina jealous. Then again it was hard to see exactly where the lines were with the lack of resolution. I liked how you highlighted the lower lip too. I thought that matching the blindfold was the obvious choice, it's how I would have had her made up if I was the photographer. I can't believe Ernie assumed I was female for that.:doubt:

Yeah, the resolution made it nothing but pixels, lol. Couldn't see where the lips started and ended..so I guessed. I just used my eyedropper tool, copied the blindfold, used the paint brush for the first dot, then did the smudge for the rest of it. And for smoothing it all out, I use the Smooth tool.

Many moons ago, a friend made me learn paint shop pro. I have loved it ever since. Only thing I don't know how to do is animation. But, seeing as how I came from a webtv and not knowing diddly squat and learning html there, straight to a pc and having to learn what all those gadgets are..I'm pretty happy with fiddlyfarting around with graphics. And there is so much I DON'T know.

Yeah, the resolution made it nothing but pixels, lol. Couldn't see where the lips started and ended..so I guessed. I just used my eyedropper tool, copied the blindfold, used the paint brush for the first dot, then did the smudge for the rest of it. And for smoothing it all out, I use the Smooth tool.

Many moons ago, a friend made me learn paint shop pro. I have loved it ever since. Only thing I don't know how to do is animation. But, seeing as how I came from a webtv and not knowing diddly squat and learning html there, straight to a pc and having to learn what all those gadgets are..I'm pretty happy with fiddlyfarting around with graphics. And there is so much I DON'T know.

You wouldn't know it from your work, you have a great eye, the heart looks quite real. I have a Wacom tablet and it makes a huge difference. I have been drawing since I was 3 so a stylus is much more comfortable for me than a mouse. It is infinitely more responsive than a mouse also, it is literally not possible to do what you can with the pen with a mouse. The nib has somewhere around 1300 increments of pressure sensitivity. The newest one has 2,500. With the mouse, if you set 50 % flow, that's all you get. With the pen it depends how hard you you press, you can go from 0-50 percent with the same setting. Takes some getting used to but once you do it opens up a lot of possibilities.

I have no clue what a Wacom Tablet is. I do everything with a mouse. And yes, I cuss a lot in the process cuz drawing with a frigging mouse isn't an easy task, lol. But...I figure I can teach myself, once I learn what a Wacom is.
I also have done art since an early age. I taught myself how to paint with oils using a library book. Now I just use acrylics....the ones in the little bottle you get at the hardware store. I don't use tube paints.

I started off as doing just portraits, in pencil only. But I loved color..and was always amazed at painting I saw...so I wanted to try it. That was many moons ago. Then I discovered I didn't really like canvas. I liked weird surfaces. I painted my bedroom door with the face of Frank Zappa..the closet door, Jim Morrison. Then it progressed to walls..and furniture. Now it's just furniture..IF my hands let me (rheumatoid arthritis). When it is on hiatus and I have a dresser or coffee table or end table, I paint them. When it is in full flare up...I just groan and rock a lot with finger pain.

Anyway....this is the first piece (octogon shaped coffee table) I ever did that wound up making me an international artist, lol. It is painted with housepaint background (black, green and blue), the fish are acrylic and the lilypads are raised because they are smeared globs of spackle that I painted so it is more dimensional. It wound up in Russia via someone seeing it on the net.

34hgfh3.jpg

Wow. That looks like fun. But it also looks extremely expensive. So...I will continue with my cussing and my mouse, lol.

I have no clue what a Wacom Tablet is. I do everything with a mouse. And yes, I cuss a lot in the process cuz drawing with a frigging mouse isn't an easy task, lol. But...I figure I can teach myself, once I learn what a Wacom is.
I also have done art since an early age. I taught myself how to paint with oils using a library book. Now I just use acrylics....the ones in the little bottle you get at the hardware store. I don't use tube paints.

I started off as doing just portraits, in pencil only. But I loved color..and was always amazed at painting I saw...so I wanted to try it. That was many moons ago. Then I discovered I didn't really like canvas. I liked weird surfaces. I painted my bedroom door with the face of Frank Zappa..the closet door, Jim Morrison. Then it progressed to walls..and furniture. Now it's just furniture..IF my hands let me (rheumatoid arthritis). When it is on hiatus and I have a dresser or coffee table or end table, I paint them. When it is in full flare up...I just groan and rock a lot with finger pain.

Anyway....this is the first piece (octogon shaped coffee table) I ever did that wound up making me an international artist, lol. It is painted with housepaint background (black, green and blue), the fish are acrylic and the lilypads are raised because they are smeared globs of spackle that I painted so it is more dimensional. It wound up in Russia via someone seeing it on the net.

34hgfh3.jpg

That looks great, I like the multidimensional quality. Here is a place that has a small Wacom Bamboo, great way to start out, they have it for 55 bucks.

Wacom Tech Ctl460 Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet -

within a day you will say you can't believe you ever tried to draw with a bar of soap.

The tablet I use is the Intuos 3, it's a bit more expensive and actually there is a version 4 now. Here is a refurbished 9x12 Wacom Intuos 4, very nice machine.....

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-PTK640-Intuos4-Factory-Refurbished/dp/B003IY32GO]Amazon.com: Wacom PTK640 Black Intuos4 Medium Pen Tablet with Pen & Mouse (Factory Refurbished) - Newest Model: Electronics[/ame]

it's obviously more expensive but very well made.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Syrenn, you made the right choice.

As a typical guy, I have limited comprehension of color. :lol:

But here's something for the 4th of July, Syrenn:

2ak9z0k.jpg

It was the matching color thing; usually more important to a woman than a guy who wears black tee-shirts and jeans.

You did great! I owe you reps but it wont let me.... but is coming. Thanks again for the red lips ;)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Syrenn, you made the right choice.

As a typical guy, I have limited comprehension of color. :lol:

But here's something for the 4th of July, Syrenn:

2ak9z0k.jpg

lol... you go daveman! how fun is that?

Forum List

Back