Photo essay | Syria ruins

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Here's some Syrian people who took refuge in the ruins last Fall. With the temperatures dropping, can you imagine how cold they must be now?

Posted By: Jerome Adamstein
Posted On: 7:01 p.m. | October 8, 2013

KAFER ROUMA, Syria (AP) — Looking weary and malnourished, the baby girl could hardly open her eyes.

Fatima was born just a month ago amid the ancient ruins outside Kafer Rouma, a village in northern Syria that has come under shelling by government forces during the country’s civil war. Her family fled their home in the village to the giant stone blocks and centuries-old walls so that Fatima’s mother could give birth in relative safety.

To continue reading, go to:

Photo essay | Syria ruins - Framework - Photos and Video - Visual Storytelling from the Los Angeles Times

What the Syrians are doing to their own innocent civilians, especially their children sickens me. Needless to say while I have issues with Zionists placating demands of Palestinian squatters, I am grateful to Israel for their humanitarian efforts in saving many lives of Syrian children who are the victims of their own people.

Here's some Syrian people who took refuge in the ruins last Fall. With the temperatures dropping, can you imagine how cold they must be now?

KAFER ROUMA, Syria (AP) — Looking weary and malnourished, the baby girl could hardly open her eyes.

Fatima was born just a month ago amid the ancient ruins outside Kafer Rouma, a village in northern Syria that has come under shelling by government forces during the country’s civil war. Her family fled their home in the village to the giant stone blocks and centuries-old walls so that Fatima’s mother could give birth in relative safety.

Photo essay | Syria ruins - Framework - Photos and Video - Visual Storytelling from the Los Angeles Times

What is happening in Syria is a tragedy and no one seems to know what to do because there appear to be no "good guys".

I'm greatful for the humanitarian efforts of everyone who is trying to help these people: Israel, Lebenon, Turkey, Jordan, Iraque, Egypt - it's no easy task when many of those countries are facing problems themselves and some folks seem to forget that it's not just Israel providing aid.

The UN estimates that well over a million people now are displaced and estimate it could be over 3 million by 2014. When have we last seen a crisis of that proportion?

That is heartbreaking :(

It breaks my heart to see the poor freezing refugees. And the little children wearing just sandals or bare-footed. Obviously no shoes could have been bought for them in the last couple of years.

This is a severe emergency.

I'm not quite sure why the mother of that baby cant breast feed it, and I'm sure Obama never gave a shit about these people when he made that deal and decided not to help get rid of Assad.

I'm not quite sure why the mother of that baby cant breast feed it, and I'm sure Obama never gave a shit about these people when he made that deal and decided not to help get rid of Assad.

I would imagine due to ill health and stress, the mother may not have any milk.

What an awful situation for the mother and baby! Unbelievable, Sally.

Forum List

Back