Phil Robertson...Better 'n Terry Bradshaw???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Just came across this......

....who knew?

1."In the 1960s, Robertson, now 66, was the starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech for two seasons ahead of Terry Bradshaw. His teammates and a coach recall him as a talented, outdoors-obsessed character who walked away from his final year of eligibility to spend more time hunting and fishing, but had the talent to play in the NFL...

2. ...When Dad was in high school he was a baseball pitcher and a javelin thrower. He basically was all-state in both.

3. He had a great arm. The thing I remember about him is we went over and played Alabama. Bear Bryant was the coach, and of course Alabama beat us that day (34-0 in 1966). But I remember the next day in the paper Bryant said, “That young man over there on the Tech sideline, that quarterback, he has one heck of an arm. He’s a great prospect. He’s one of the best prospects I’ve seen.”

4. I had the arm. The ability was there. Bradshaw probably had me a little more on distance. I was about a 65-yard man. … I remember at some point, Bradshaw and I would get out there and he would throw like 70-plus.

5. When I would throw it, a lot of times they (receivers) would decide they were gonna change their mind, go somewhere else. Or when they looked around, the ball was within three feet of them. In other words, I understood I had to get that sucker to them with no delay.

So a lot of these boys would turn and the ball would be like three or four feet from them when they turned their head. They just didn’t have the reaction time to catch the doggone thing.... if I’d been throwing to the caliber of receivers that are in the NFL now, oh my goodness, my stats would have been far higher, ....As it turned out, a lot were bouncing off the hands and off the headgear and I don’t know what all, but I just took it in stride.

6.Hunting and fishing was his life. He’d come into class all full of blood after skinning a deer or something. That was Phil."
'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson once kept Terry Bradshaw on bench - ESPN

The full article is interesting.....

Yup, all football phans know it.

What made Terry successful was the fire in his belly that Phil, by admission, did not have for the sport.

He sure, however, has it for duck calls.

Just came across this......

....who knew?

1."In the 1960s, Robertson, now 66, was the starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech for two seasons ahead of Terry Bradshaw. His teammates and a coach recall him as a talented, outdoors-obsessed character who walked away from his final year of eligibility to spend more time hunting and fishing, but had the talent to play in the NFL...

2. ...When Dad was in high school he was a baseball pitcher and a javelin thrower. He basically was all-state in both.

3. He had a great arm. The thing I remember about him is we went over and played Alabama. Bear Bryant was the coach, and of course Alabama beat us that day (34-0 in 1966). But I remember the next day in the paper Bryant said, “That young man over there on the Tech sideline, that quarterback, he has one heck of an arm. He’s a great prospect. He’s one of the best prospects I’ve seen.”

4. I had the arm. The ability was there. Bradshaw probably had me a little more on distance. I was about a 65-yard man. … I remember at some point, Bradshaw and I would get out there and he would throw like 70-plus.

5. When I would throw it, a lot of times they (receivers) would decide they were gonna change their mind, go somewhere else. Or when they looked around, the ball was within three feet of them. In other words, I understood I had to get that sucker to them with no delay.

So a lot of these boys would turn and the ball would be like three or four feet from them when they turned their head. They just didn’t have the reaction time to catch the doggone thing.... if I’d been throwing to the caliber of receivers that are in the NFL now, oh my goodness, my stats would have been far higher, ....As it turned out, a lot were bouncing off the hands and off the headgear and I don’t know what all, but I just took it in stride.

6.Hunting and fishing was his life. He’d come into class all full of blood after skinning a deer or something. That was Phil."
'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson once kept Terry Bradshaw on bench - ESPN

The full article is interesting.....

Yes, I knew of his football playing and here are some pictures of him:

And one of Si: ( love both these guys ) lol

Forum List

Back