Peter Principle

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I've worked in several different capacities and businesses- the only real difference I've noticed outside of the individual personalities is the names and faces-

Peter Principle: What You Need to Know

The Peter Principle is thus based on the logical idea that competent employees will continue to be promoted, but at some point will be promoted into positions for which they are incompetent, and they will then remain in those positions because of the fact that they do not demonstrate any further competence that would get them recognized for additional promotion. According to the Peter Principle, every position in a given hierarchy will eventually be filled by employees who are incompetent to fulfill the job duties of their respective positions.

And that we all rise to our level of incompetence. I read it 40 years ago. The lab office was directly diagonal to the dumbass office in the back.

I've worked in several different capacities and businesses- the only real difference I've noticed outside of the individual personalities is the names and faces-

The Peter Principle is thus based on the logical idea that competent employees will continue to be promoted, but at some point will be promoted into positions for which they are incompetent, and they will then remain in those positions because of the fact that they do not demonstrate any further competence that would get them recognized for additional promotion. According to the Peter Principle, every position in a given hierarchy will eventually be filled by employees who are incompetent to fulfill the job duties of their respective positions.
I've seen plenty of people promoted simply for playing the game to get into the proper clique. Typically, the laziest fucks on site.

I read the book many years ago. The Peter Principle does make a lot of sense, but it is not absolute. Sometimes incompetent people get promoted for a variety of reasons.

And that we all rise to our level of incompetence. I read it 40 years ago. The lab office was directly diagonal to the dumbass office in the back.
Oink oink.
Ned beatty impressions are so progressive.
For your Chicago PD Made 53 Weekend Felony Gun Arrests, Judges Let Them Out Of Jail - Blue Lives Matter
That's your kind in action. Catch and release so they can murder.

Oink oink.
For your Chicago PD Made 53 Weekend Felony Gun Arrests, Judges Let Them Out Of Jail - Blue Lives Matter
We love killing, that's why we war across the globe for access to resources and markets.

I read the book many years ago. The Peter Principle does make a lot of sense, but it is not absolute. Sometimes incompetent people get promoted for a variety of reasons.
They are selected for such, see your political and economic system.

Oink oink.
We love killing, that's why we war across the globe for access to resources and markets.
You do nothing. You are a waste of meat.

Been involved in a few business turnarounds and quite often they’re in need of turning due to a Pete or two who’ve screwed the place up. IMO the PP folks rank right up there with the “we’ve always done it this way” clowns when it comes to screwing up businesses.

Forum List

Back