Personal US debt hits record

This isn't Trumps or any presidents fault really.
Remember 1.2 trillion of this is when obama took over student loans
For people to borrow like this is stupid.

ANd for people to LOAN like this is professional unethical and immoral.
Why? Home ownership was at an all time low 3 years ago. This doesn't necessarily mean that people have borrowed too much , it doesn't necessarily mean that lenders are unethical.

Lenders are too quite to lend too much money.

I don't know what parameters banks use to calculate what mortgage people can afford, but it seems to include, "Live on dog food", among other bad ideas.

https://www.ze
debt%20q2%20breakdown_0.jpg

US Household Debt Hits Record $13.3 Trillion

This is unreal. Wait until this collapses..
This isn't the fault of any president either.
It's peoples greed.
Our economy is based on debt. As long as things go well, we should be okay. If there is another major recession like we had ten years ago, many Americans will be in big trouble.

Why? Home ownership was at an all time low 3 years ago. This doesn't necessarily mean that people have borrowed too much , it doesn't necessarily mean that lenders are unethical.

I don't know what parameters banks use to calculate what mortgage people can afford, but it seems to include, "Live on dog food", among other bad ideas.
Since you don't know, your comment is pretty foolish. The ones asking for the loans have responsibility as well.

Since you don't know, your comment is pretty foolish. The ones asking for the loans have responsibility as well.

I know enough to know they are happy to give you more money that you can afford.

Credit score, no debt, capital liquidity are the trinity of a healthy financial basis at home.
Why would you need a credit score?
Buy with cash, not debt.
I am talking for other people, like you. I can pay in cash, yes.
If people can’t pay in cash, they shouldn’t buy it.
Says who? You, the guy who went bankrupt? Or Trump, who went bankrupt seven times?

It's peoples greed.

Most of it is house debt. That is interesting.

We really need to downsize what we consider normal for housing.
From what I hear, in a lot of places the cost of an average home is astronomical. That could be part of it. This has happened twice in my life time and it has been bad both times. Can't something be done to control it?

I know enough to know they are happy to give you more money that you can afford.
Of course they do. The individual has responsibility for their own actions. Blaming the banks, lenders or anyone else is foolish. You don’t even know what these numbers mean but you want to point the finger. Typical uninformed response.

Credit score, no debt, capital liquidity are the trinity of a healthy financial basis at home.
Why would you need a credit score?
Buy with cash, not debt.
I am talking for other people, like you. I can pay in cash, yes.
If people can’t pay in cash, they shouldn’t buy it.
Says who? You, the guy who went bankrupt? Or Trump, who went bankrupt seven times?

When did I ever go bankrupt?

I have zero debt. I buy my vehicles with cash.

It's peoples greed.

Most of it is house debt. That is interesting.

We really need to downsize what we consider normal for housing.
From what I hear, in a lot of places the cost of an average home is astronomical. That could be part of it. This has happened twice in my life time and it has been bad both times. Can't something be done to control it?

I can imagine all sorts of remedies. All require political will and people working together reasonably.

So, no.

Of course they do. The individual has responsibility for their own actions. Blaming the banks, lenders or anyone else is foolish. You don’t even know what these numbers mean but you want to point the finger. Typical uninformed response.

If professional bankers are purposefully being predatory, then they are being unethical and need some more regulation.

A customer might get one or two mortgages in a lifetime. THey are not going to be experienced at making that type of transaction.

If banks have been taking advantage of inexperienced borrowers, then the customers deserve help and if that is at the cost of the bank, that would be morally and ethically Just.

If professional bankers are purposefully being predatory, then they are being unethical and need some more regulation.

A customer might get one or two mortgages in a lifetime. THey are not going to be experienced at making that type of transaction.

If banks have been taking advantage of inexperienced borrowers, then the customers deserve help and if that is at the cost of the bank, that would be morally and ethically Just.
They haven’t been. You don’t seem to realize that the loan applicant has responsibility in saying “ I can’t afford that”. People that aren’t smart enough to realize that if they make 5 grand a month and the mortgages is 35500 A month then they hav the right to say I can’t afford that. If they are to stupid then it’s their fault. I love the people that try to say banks are predatory. They aren’t going after these morons.

They haven’t been. You don’t seem to realize that the loan applicant has responsibility in saying “ I can’t afford that”. People that aren’t smart enough to realize that if they make 5 grand a month and the mortgages is 35500 A month then they hav the right to say I can’t afford that. If they are to stupid then it’s their fault. I love the people that try to say banks are predatory. They aren’t going after these morons.

I've been a professional. Professional's, in my experience are expected to abide by professional standards in dealing with customers.

If our banking profession has not standards of conduct for dealing with customers, then they need them, ASAP.

IF they have them, I find it hard to believe they are living up to them.

YOur lack of concern for US citizens faced with unethical lending, is noted. It is not a justification for unethical behavior.

Banks are predatory, and any who say they are not, indeed, are mentally feeble or malignantly motivated or woefully educated or in the pay of the banks or all or any of the above.

I've been a professional. Professional's, in my experience are expected to abide by professional standards in dealing with customers.

If our banking profession has not standards of conduct for dealing with customers, then they need them, ASAP.

YOur lack of concern for US citizens faced with unethical lending, is noted. It is not a justification for unethical behavior.
You are supposing unethical lending. You read that debt is up and jumped to a conclusion. Your overreaction is well noted.

You are supposing unethical lending. You read that debt is up and jumped to a conclusion. Your overreaction is well noted.

THis news tidbit does not exist in a vacuum. I have decades of observation of the Debt Industry.

You "jump to a conclusion" is well noted.

Forum List

Back