PERPETUAL WAR: Mosul: Where Obama's Last Gambit Could Ruin Trump...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Interesting piece by Martin Jay of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity.

Here’s why the bombing has to stop and what US journalists are not telling you: hundreds are dying in Mosul, not at the hands of ISIS, but through a failed military strategy which no one, it seems, has the guts to tell President Trump cannot achieve its objectives.

Does Trump actually really know what he is doing in Mosul or is he wildly deluded? There is a military solution to killing ISIS there, but who will be the one to present it to him?

Hugh Hewitt is a card. The pro-Trump American radio host recently told the BBC a disturbing anecdote about the US president. Apparently, Hewitt interviewed him before the US elections, and Trump told him, “Obama created ISIS.” Hewitt tried to help the (then) Presidential candidate out with his messaging: “Surely you mean Obama allowed the vacuum to develop in the Middle East which created ISIS?” to which Trump defiantly replies: “No, I mean Obama actually created ISIS.”

Is this what we are witnessing in the Middle East? Is Trump surrounded by yes-men, none of whom will question the rationale behind some of his more ludicrous decisions? Take Mosul, for example. Doesn’t Trump’s Lebanese Middle East adviser – pro-Saudi academic Walid Phares – have the guts to tell the President that the bombing is counter-productive in that the high number of civilian deaths will sow the seeds for more insurgency...

More:
Mosul: Where Obama’s Last Gambit Could Ruin Trump

The war on terror is perpetual...and always will be

I tend to agree. 9/11 was the perfect storm for the CIA/MIC. They now have the war they always dreamed of. One with no final conclusion. It can go on forever with no 'win' or 'loss.' It's an insane '1984' scenario. Sadly, the future does look pretty bleak.

I tend to agree. 9/11 was the perfect storm for the CIA/MIC. They now have the war they always dreamed of. One with no final conclusion. It can go on forever with no 'win' or 'loss.' It's an insane '1984' scenario. Sadly, the future does look pretty bleak.

The "war" started long before 911....long long before

The 'War on Terror' truly is the war the CIA/MIC always dreamed of. It's designed to go on indefinitely.

The 'War on Terror' truly is the war the CIA/MIC always dreamed of. It's designed to go on indefinitely.

You (or we) are fighting an ideology, an ideology that anyone not Muslim is an infidel and must die....that didn't begin with 911...its been ongoing for centuries.

You (or we) are fighting an ideology, an ideology that anyone not Muslim is an infidel and must die....that didn't begin with 911...its been ongoing for centuries.

True. And unfortunately, we've contributed significantly to radical Islam's rapid rise. It started back when we funded & armed Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan against the Soviets. We've gone along with Saudi Arabia in supporting radical Islamists for decades. We're part of the problem. But hey, it's all good. The CIA/MIC love it. The 'War on Terror' will drag on indefinitely.

Forum List

Back