Percentage of americans rejecting organized religion continues to grow

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Fox News – “The rise of the ‘nones’. Why is it happening?” FOX News contributor and Fox Nation host Tom Shillue asked a panel of experts on “Deep Dive.” Shillue was referring to new Pew Research Center polling that shows that more Americans than ever before say that they are not connected to any religious faith. The Pew survey, conducted in 2018 and 2019, found that the percentage of the U.S. population that described themselves as “religiously unaffiliated” had risen to 26%, up from 17% in 2009. At the same time, the percentage of Americans describing themselves as Christians has declined 12 percentage points over the past decades.

Percentage of Americans rejecting organized religion continues to grow

Because once again when it's in your face daily but still choose to deny it all...............well troubles coming for deniers of all.

Fox News – “The rise of the ‘nones’. Why is it happening?” FOX News contributor and Fox Nation host Tom Shillue asked a panel of experts on “Deep Dive.” Shillue was referring to new Pew Research Center polling that shows that more Americans than ever before say that they are not connected to any religious faith. The Pew survey, conducted in 2018 and 2019, found that the percentage of the U.S. population that described themselves as “religiously unaffiliated” had risen to 26%, up from 17% in 2009. At the same time, the percentage of Americans describing themselves as Christians has declined 12 percentage points over the past decades.

Because once again when it's in your face daily but still choose to deny it all...............well troubles coming for deniers of all.
More Believers though and they are studying that part. When the churches start realizing their errors church pews may get more people in them. Then again maybe not as people realize the holy spirit and the kingdom of heaven is in them.

I don't know -- maybe the problem is that congregations keep getting mowed down by gunmen. Like in movie theaters.

• Banned
I don't know -- maybe the problem is that congregations keep getting mowed down by gunmen. Like in movie theaters.
maybe it's because you haven't figured out just why those FALSE flags take place and they shortly after it's " TAKE THE GUNS" ..

[
maybe it's because you haven't figured out just why those FALSE flags take place and they shortly after it's " TAKE THE GUNS" ..

Naaaah, I don't believe any of that kind of conspiracy theory. The Batman movie killer wasn't a false flag operation by anyone; he was floridly psychotic.

The more churches and synagogues have standing, armed security guards from the congregation, the less able the government is to grab guns. That's why I want to see this spread into Missouri, Arkansas --- nbot the crazies, the common habit of carrying guns. They can't grab guns if everyone carries and uses them, politically impossible. IMO.

You can be religious without belonging to an organized religion.

Organized religions, churches, just might cause more harm than good.
It provides millions with a false belief that by simply repeating the habit of going to church is being Christian.... saying a prayer before each meal...all of these formulaic habits can, and does, provide a false sense of "being religious".

first.....i matured to the point that I understand that santy clause wasn't real

then.....i matured some more....and I understood that gods aren't real.....

the thing is....Ya can't go back!

you can't GROW UP and MATURE and then regress....

I am NEVER going to believe in YOUR god.....

I grew PAST that superstition.....long ago....

Now if only they reject organized science, as per the arguably archaic 15-16th century Baconian method, and the popular indoctrination on the subject, marketed to the unintelligent and those stuck at the level of mass K-12 education and 6th grade reading levels, as opposed to more thinking and intelligent men and women who read more contemporary books on science and other academic subjects as a hobby, not caring about what some archaic TV or radio pedagogue has to say about, thankfully.

“The rise of the ‘nones’. Why is it happening?”
Perhaps it is happening as a weeding out of those who were not that interested to begin with. It is certainly nothing new as the Old Testament also notes the falling away of people who no longer took their faith seriously. We are also told there would always be a remnant and new, healthier growth would take place.

More Believers though and they are studying that part.
Well, people will always tend to believe in magical gods and such. But the bronze and iron aged religious texts are becoming archaic and irrelevant, in light of modern scientific knowledge and in light of better ethics and morals based on reason.

Percentage of americans rejecting organized religion continues to grow

But the bronze and iron aged religious texts are becoming archaic and irrelevant,
We are also told there would always be a remnant and new, healthier growth would take place.

the remnant eventually will discard altogether the fallacies inscribed in all three desert religion texts - for humanity to ever be set on the true path for all to succeed, not just satisfaction for the vindictive.

Forum List

Back