People of color

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
What exactly are people of color? How many of the 5 races recognized by the US Census does the term "people of color" apply to, and which races are not people of color?

Anyone who is not purely European (including England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, as well as Russia) is a Person of Color.

Not sure about Spain (aka "Espana"). They are "white," but Hispanic. It's a puzzle.

Anyone who is not purely European (including England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, as well as Russia) is a Person of Color.

Not sure about Spain (aka "Espana"). They are "white," but Hispanic. It's a puzzle.
So there are whites and then there are people of color?

Do you think negroes are the only people who the term applies to?

Yup. There are white people, and there are colored people. That's the way I was raised, and that's how I sees it.

I just checked it out on the lefty biased Wikipedia:

A person of color (plural: people of color, sometimes persons of color) is an American term referring to someone who is not white. Since the 2010s, it has been used in other parts of the English-speaking world (sometimes using the British English spelling "person of colour").

In the United States, people of color include African Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, mixed-race Americans, and some Latinos. It can also refer to people of non-white ancestry outside of the US

I just checked it out on the lefty biased Wikipedia:

A person of color (plural: people of color, sometimes persons of color) is an American term referring to someone who is not white. Since the 2010s, it has been used in other parts of the English-speaking world (sometimes using the British English spelling "person of colour").

In the United States, people of color include African Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, mixed-race Americans, and some Latinos. It can also refer to people of non-white ancestry outside of the US

Told ya. :laughing0301:

Even if the color is white...

MED Albino 1.jpg

It also completely erases the differences between non-white races and cultures.

Leftists are very racist.
Yes lefties are very racist. I've watched thwm arrogantly conflate race and nationality, race and religion, and race with heritage. I've watched them provide cover for unfavorable crime statistics. Lefties are racists.

What exactly are people of color? How many of the 5 races recognized by the US Census does the term "people of color" apply to, and which races are not people of color?
I’m a person of color. Granted, it’s a pretty light color. Somewhere between off white and pinkish.

But I do kind of believe that humanity literally arose “out of Africa.” So, I “identify” as a proud black man.

Do you think negroes are the only people who the term applies to?

Skin Color? There's Brown, Yellow, Black, White and Red. There's FIVE???

But I think the term POC has taken a "wider" meaning because of "intersectionality".

Which is a major buzzword for the Woking Dead so they count your TOTAL WORTH in terms of ability to speak freely. Points are scored for COLOR, GENDER, DISABILITIES, and POLITICS.

For instance, leftist blacks "uncle tom" any "non-woke" blacks and call them Oreos or worse. They dont even GET the "skin color" points to speak.

And of course -- being white (which scientifically is ALL COLORS of light) is the only one of the FIVE above to get NEGATIVE "intersectionality" points.

I’m a person of color. Granted, it’s a pretty light color. Somewhere between off white and pinkish.

But I do kind of believe that humanity literally arose “out of Africa.” So, I “identify” as a proud black man.
My race and heritage is almost a perfect match with AOC. I was reading up on her when I was posting on a race related thread a couple years ago, and was shocked to see an almost identical race and heritage. Kind of embarrassed to have something in common with her though...

Skin Color? There's Brown, Yellow, Black, White and Red. There's FIVE???

But I think the term POC has taken a "wider" meaning because of "intersectionality".

Which is a major buzzword for the Woking Dead so they count your TOTAL WORTH in terms of ability to speak freely. Points are scored for COLOR, GENDER, DISABILITIES, and POLITICS.

For instance, leftist blacks "uncle tom" any "non-woke" blacks and call them Oreos or worse. They dont even GET the "skin color" points to speak.

And of course -- being white (which scientifically is ALL COLORS of light) is the only one of the FIVE above to get NEGATIVE "intersectionality" points.
Oreos was a reference to mulattos.

We should call out lefties when they use this racist term.

This is interesting. According to Wikipedia,The term "people of color" gets its roots from critical theory and Marxism.

"In the late 20th century, the term "person of color" was introduced in the United States in order to counter the condescension implied by the terms "non-white" and "minority",[18] and racial justice activists in the U.S., influenced by radical theorists such as Frantz Fanon, popularized it at this time."

Person of color - Wikipedia

Frantz Fanon referenced to in the Wikipedia was influential in the fields of post-colonial studies, critical theory and Marxism.

So there you have it.

Oreos was a reference to mulattos.
Oreo is a more general term than mulatto. My son from my first marriage gets incorrectly referred to as mulatto, but he doesn't really have enough white in him.

Forum List

Back