Do you consider Englisch to be more true American

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
As child back in the 80s I grew up with cowboy and Indian toys and western movies back then my idea of a american was that he is English I didn't know they are mutts but if you say doc holiday or Billie the kid sounds damn English and the face is white often blue eyed like Clint Eastwood. Maybe not purely genetically but I consider a white looking person with English names and surnames who's native language is considered to be English to be more typically American than other cultures.

French, Spaniard, German and English are what mainly make up the American culture while you sprinkle in the Irish, Scottish and Italians but Serbians are not mainstream American… Hell, Roma have more to do with the true American culture than Serbians…

Maybe not purely genetically but I consider a white looking person with English names and surnames who's native language is considered to be English to be more typically American than other cultures.
If I understand your comment correctly, you have actually touched on a very important and sensitive point.

I am 84 years old.

When people in other countries have thought of "Americans," they have long assumed that they are referring to Caucasian people (whose ancestors came from Europe).

Of course, there have always been "Americans" who were African American and Asian and Hispanic and Native American, but that was not the stereotype of an "American."

By the end of this century, however, more people in this world will think of non-Caucasians as "American."

Last edited:
As child back in the 80s I grew up with cowboy and Indian toys and western movies back then my idea of a american was that he is English I didn't know they are mutts but if you say doc holiday or Billie the kid sounds damn English and the face is white often blue eyed like Clint Eastwood. Maybe not purely genetically but I consider a white looking person with English names and surnames who's native language is considered to be English to be more typically American than other cultures.

Wow, what a mess.

Billy the Kid was of Irish descent. Doc Holliday was Scottish. Clint Eastwood is English-Dutch.

Tell me, what nationality was Doctor King? Jessie Jackson? Damn, but those or good old "White Names", are they not?

Oh, and those "Indian toys" you played with? They were "Americans" also.

Then there is my wife, born in Argentina, but now has a "Good German" last name, because that is where my last name came from. My dad's mother? A good Norwegian last name (that is less than 200 years old because until fairly recently they did not even use last names).

However, "America" is not a race, it is a location and culture. We do not care where you, or your ancestors came from. Move here and join us and you are as "American" as somebody who's family first came here 300 years ago.

Why is it that every post you make seems to be obsessed about race?

Wow, what a mess.

Billy the Kid was of Irish descent. Doc Holliday was Scottish. Clint Eastwood is English-Dutch.

Tell me, what nationality was Doctor King? Jessie Jackson? Damn, but those or good old "White Names", are they not?

Oh, and those "Indian toys" you played with? They were "Americans" also.

Then there is my wife, born in Argentina, but now has a "Good German" last name, because that is where my last name came from. My dad's mother? A good Norwegian last name (that is less than 200 years old because until fairly recently they did not even use last names).

However, "America" is not a race, it is a location and culture. We do not care where you, or your ancestors came from. Move here and join us and you are as "American" as somebody who's family first came here 300 years ago.

Why is it that every post you make seems to be obsessed about race?

Ok but I count actually Irish, Scottish, English etc. as same thing. Well if Swiss, Austrians, and even Hungarians and Czechs with german surnames are counted all as the same thing or as "German" I count the British Isles as same thing. That is petty point, to divide Scots-Irish from English etc. and claim it was so "diverse".

Ok but I count actually Irish, Scottish, English etc. as same thing. Well if Swiss, Austrians, and even Hungarians and Czechs with german surnames are counted all as the same thing or as "German" I count the British Isles as same thing.

Wow, really? And I guess the Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians are all the same also. And I guess all in central America are "Mexicans".

Sorry, but by that very statement you come across as racist and ignorant.

And go up to somebody who is Irish and tell him he is "English". But be prepared to have the crap beat out of you for it. The same with most who are Scottish.

Wow, really? And I guess the Finns, Swedes, and Norwegians are all the same also. And I guess all in central America are "Mexicans".

Sorry, but by that very statement you come across as racist and ignorant.

And go up to somebody who is Irish and tell him he is "English". But be prepared to have the crap beat out of you for it. The same with most who are Scottish.

Actually yes they are or scandinavians and some groups like the nordic resistance movement operates as well in sweden as well in norway, finland etc. there is something which connects them. Most people in England are part Irish, Irish speak English, well there is gaelic but very few speak it.

French, Spaniard, German and English are what mainly make up the American culture while you sprinkle in the Irish, Scottish and Italians but Serbians are not mainstream American… Hell, Roma have more to do with the true American culture than Serbians…
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Forum List

Back