People need to post in the correct forums

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I saw at least three different threads on the Iranian commander being killed. I don't believe any of them were posted in the "Iran" forum, unless they were and then moved into this thread, which is in the "politics" forum. For that matter, "Current events" would probably be a more applicable forum, but the "Iran" forum would be the most fitting.

Irans Quds foce General Soleimani just killed in rocket attack !

When I start a thread, I peruse active topics and then the forum where I believe it might be found. If I don't see it anywhere, I then create the thread in the forum where it should belong. That way, anyone else thinking of starting a thread on the same topic, should find my thread in the appropriate forum.

Apparently, many posters don't bother with any of that and that's why we have multiple threads on the exact same topic.

Maybe it should be in the military forum since it involves the use of the military :alirulz:

I saw at least three different threads on the Iranian commander being killed. I don't believe any of them were posted in the "Iran" forum, unless they were and then moved into this thread, which is in the "politics" forum. For that matter, "Current events" would probably be a more applicable forum, but the "Iran" forum would be the most fitting.

When I start a thread, I peruse active topics and then the forum where I believe it might be found. If I don't see it anywhere, I then create the thread in the forum where it should belong. That way, anyone else thinking of starting a thread on the same topic, should find my thread in the appropriate forum.

Apparently, many posters don't bother with any of that and that's why we have multiple threads on the exact same topic.

but it happened in Iraq,,,

current events should be OK,,,

Maybe it should be in the military forum since it involves the use of the military :alirulz:

No. It's should be in "The Garage" because I've been planning this strike for months in my garage.

But Trump beat me to it.

:04:

I'm a troll. My brand of bullshit cannot be contained! I just plop into threads all over the place.

In involves America and American foreign policy. No issue with it being in politics

Almost everything belongs in politics or curgent events. I would never think to look in an Iran subforum for something about Iran, thats just weird.

Almost everything belongs in politics or curgent events. I would never think to look in an Iran subforum for something about Iran, thats just weird.

Putting Iran-related topics into the Iran subforum would eliminate duplicate threads. Right now I believe there are at least four threads on the topic, and that might not include threads that moderators have already merged.

I consider anyone who bitches to a moderator about what goes where to be a Rat.

I think your twat is sore from your wild conspiracy theory thread that imploded. You need a teenage girl's shoulder to cry on.

I think your twat is sore from your wild conspiracy theory thread that imploded. You need a teenage girl's shoulder to cry on.
Rat.

Putting Iran-related topics into the Iran subforum would eliminate duplicate threads. Right now I believe there are at least four threads on the topic, and that might not include threads that moderators have already merged.
There isn't really anything wrong with duplicate threads. The weak ones die off and the strong ones rage on. I've been on many political boards over many years, so I have seen things work like this. The more different subforums there are, the harder it is to enforce what doesn't really need enforcing. Admins end up having to do a lot of management, and end up developing a weird thread merging disorder. The natural discourse that occurs on forums isn't as chaotic as many fear.

In involves America and American foreign policy. No issue with it being in politics

That's how we get multiple threads on the same topic.

The reason why there are multiple threads on one topic is there are posters that think they’re personal opinions are special and deserve their own threads, instead of just posting them in existing threads.

That's how we get multiple threads on the same topic.

The reason why there are multiple threads on one topic is there are posters that think they’re personal opinions are special and deserve their own threads, instead of just posting them in existing threads.
It drives me nuts, because I don't pay a lot of attention to the title of the thread I'm in, but when I want to check back on it, there are three and I don't remember which one I was in. Or you are arguing with someone and think you've already clearly made a certain point--only to realize you posted it in a different thread on the same topic.
It drives me nuts.

Forum List

Back