Penn State professor demands students write essay explaIning why the Taliban is not a terrorist group

Listen up. This thread is now in EDUCATION. If you want to be a good leftist an defend Islamic barbarians, start a thread in politics.

And OMFG! The professor is getting students to “think for themselves”? He has demanded that they think one way, and one way only…..HIS way, the leftist way.

Leftists like yourself credit people with “thinking for themselves” when they buy into the leftist position. If not, you say they’re indoctrinated. There is room for one ONE view in Upside-Down Leftist World.

If I were to say “blacks are still oppressed in America,” you would say, “now you’re thinking for yourself!” If I were to say “blacks are given many advantages in this day and age, and while there still remains some racism on an individual, there is no widespread oppression or racism,” you start in on me.

IOW:

1) agree with the liberal position = thinking for yourself

2) examining facts and circumstances and disagreeing liberal position = indoctrinated, or stupid, or racist, or white supremacist

This is not a communist country, where only one view is applauded and any dissent is silenced, condemned, or punished
This professor is a smart guy, because he already knew how his students feel about the Taliban.
He obviously wanted to hear another side to foment discussion.

Cancel culture. You guys are snow flakes. No one complains about his class content. Read his student reviews. They think he is a pretentious prick who’s quizzes are trick questions vs assessing if they read and comprehended the content. He doesn’t give many A’s. No one complained about the content and his ratings are from best class ever to terrible. This is a right wing fake issue.

By the way on the OP

3F81F136-2FFA-4688-947F-C0783AEDAA6C.jpeg

Nobody here has come up with an explanation as to how those defending their own country are the terrorists.
That’s not the issue at hand. Start your own thread in politics defending Islamic barbarians. This thread is about not allowing college students to think for themselves.

This professor is a smart guy, because he already knew how his students feel about the Taliban.
He obviously wanted to hear another side to foment discussion.
Then he should have divided the class in half, some defending Islamic scumbags who terrorize women and torture people to death, and some who condemn it.

I have a graduate degree. And far from dissing higher education, I lament that intolerant leftists are indoctrinating students with leftist beliefs rather than encouraging them to think for themselves.
Stop lamenting and start thinking, which was indeed the purpose. I am sure that these students had a difficult time with this paper, as it was meant to be.

Then he should have divided the class in half, some defending Islamic scumbags who terrorize women and torture people to death, and some who condemn it.
You are an expert on what he shoulda done? No

That’s not the issue at hand. Start your own thread in politics defending Islamic barbarians. This thread is about not allowing college students to think for themselves.

It's not my problem that you are unable to understand that is exactly what the professor is teaching his students. You prefer they simply buy the lies told by the government without questioning them like you have done.

Students should be exposed to both sides, before doing any thinking.

Listen up. This thread is now in EDUCATION. If you want to be a good leftist an defend Islamic barbarians, start a thread in politics.

And OMFG! The professor is getting students to “think for themselves”? He has demanded that they think one way, and one way only…..HIS way, the leftist way.

Leftists like yourself credit people with “thinking for themselves” when they buy into the leftist position. If not, you say they’re indoctrinated. There is room for one ONE view in Upside-Down Leftist World.

If I were to say “blacks are still oppressed in America,” you would say, “now you’re thinking for yourself!” If I were to say “blacks are given many advantages in this day and age, and while there still remains some racism on an individual, there is no widespread oppression or racism,” you start in on me.

IOW:

1) agree with the liberal position = thinking for yourself

2) examining facts and circumstances and disagreeing liberal position = indoctrinated, or stupid, or racist, or white supremacist

This is not a communist country, where only one view is applauded and any dissent is silenced, condemned, or punished

Says the person demanding people think only her way even though she isn't even able to defend her beliefs.

You are an expert on what he shoulda done? No
And you are?

This professor is backtracking because of all the negative publicity his brainwashing methods have garnered. He really should be fired for telling students that criticism of Islamic barbarians is not allowed in his class - which is what he effectively did.

And you are?

This professor is backtracking because of all the negative publicity his brainwashing methods have garnered. He really should be fired for telling students that criticism of Islamic barbarians is not allowed in his class - which is what he effectively did.

Link.

Students should be exposed to both sides, before doing any thinking.
And they weren’t in his class. They were given the leftist conclusion, which is to go easy and defend Islamic terrorists, and then told to justify it.

I gave the link in the OP.

I can’t believe that leftists have become so intolerant of dissenting opinion that they defend a professor who only permits the leftist view to be expressed in his classroom.

You people are sick in the head, and I’m done with your insanity.

I can’t believe that leftists have become so intolerant of dissenting opinion that they defend a professor who only permits the leftist view to be expressed in his classroom.

He is asking people to defend something you are unable to defend and you want him to shut up because it makes you uncomfortable.

And they weren’t in his class. They were given the leftist conclusion, which is to go easy and defend Islamic terrorists, and then told to justify it.
They weren't in his class? What do you mean? If they were in his class, they were given A conclusion, not a "leftist" conclusion. If they were not in his class, then who cares? That conclusion, by you, is mistaken, especially when he said that he regards the Taliban as a terrorist group. Are you sure that you have a degree?

And you are?

Your opinion and diagnosis, while unfounded, is duly noted.

I think that it is YOU who is sick in the head. There is NO "leftist" VIEW, other than another view that is different from yours. Tump, the con-man himself, never declared the Taliban to be a terrorist group.
Everybody I know believes the Taliban is indeed a terrorist group. Of course, there is an opposing view, yes? Why not hear it, as weak as it is?

Forum List

Back