Penn State professor demands students write essay explaIning why the Taliban is not a terrorist group

Your argument is nonsensical. Benghazi and the email thing were two different things.

You aren't even aware of the facts but you see "Hillary" and facts be damned.
You were the one who brought up Benghazi, with the nonsensical claim that the Republican you were responding to probably believed it was a video. Republicans suspected that Hillary lied about it because she is a liar, amd was trying to deflect blame AWAY from herself.

And yes, I see “ Hillary” when a Democrat brings up her lie about the Benghazi video, on a thread having nothing to do with it. How DUMB can you be?!

The fact remains that you are showing more contempt for America than you do for Islamic barbarians - which is the entire problem with leftists in a nutshell. They have more hate for their own country than they do for scumbag terrorists because….Muslim!

You were the one who brought up Benghazi, with the nonsensical claim that the Republican you were responding to probably believed it was a video. Republicans suspected that Hillary lied about it because she is a liar, amd was trying to deflect blame AWAY from herself.

If you will believe one lie, why not others?

And yes, I see “ Hillary” when a Democrat brings up her lie about the Benghazi video, on a thread having nothing to do with it. How DUMB can you be?!

The fact remains that you are showing more contempt for America than you do for Islamic barbarians - which is the entire problem with leftists in a nutshell. They have more hate for their own country than they do for scumbag terrorists because….Muslim!

They have a right to defend their own country. We had no business being there. If we had minded our own business there would have been no need for any of it. We killed thousands of innocent men, women and children and you will defend the lies that caused that to happen.

Personally, there’s a lot of value in the ability to synthesize a cohesive argument you disagree with. In fact, the ability to understand the other side of an issue is massively overlooked in society.
I agree. Early on in posting on boards like this I used to purposely take the opposing sides in true debates for just that reason...But, this classroom is not a debate. It is supposed to be a place where there is a mix between learning, and discussion.

The only thing these young people seem to be learning is that their professor is a closed minded shrew, that wants them to learn anti American stances...Great investment....

If you will believe one lie, why not others?

They have a right to defend their own country. We had no business being there. If we had minded our own business there would have been no need for any of it. We killed thousands of innocent men, women and children and you will defend the lies that caused that to happen.
Yes, yes….I KNOW that’s your position. They are Muslims, and foreigners, and so of course you are quick to defend them and blame us. That’s the leftist position. It was also the professor‘s opinion.

The point of the thread is not whether or not the lowlifes are terrorists. The point of the thread is that the professor DEMANDED all his students defend the leftist position of downplaying and justifying terrorist actions if they are committed by Muslims.

The point of the thread was to show the indoctrination of students at liberal universities and how they are SILENCED - like everywhere else - from expressing an opinion that dissents from the leftist position.

Yes, yes….I KNOW that’s your position. They are Muslims, and foreigners, and so of course you are quick to defend them and blame us. That’s the leftist position. It was also the professor‘s opinion.

The point of the thread is not whether or not the lowlifes are terrorists. The point of the thread is that the professor DEMANDED all his students defend the leftist position of downplaying and justifying terrorist actions if they are committed by Muslims.

The point of the thread was to show the indoctrination of students at liberal universities and how they are SILENCED - like everywhere else - from expressing an opinion that dissents from the leftist position.

It would suck for these student to maybe research something other than what the government has been telling them eh? You seem to be a big proponent of government propaganda.

The government would never lie to you would they?

It would suck for these student to maybe research something other than what the government has been telling them eh? You seem to be a big proponent of government propaganda.

The government would never lie to you would they?
Damn but you leftists are dense. The point is the biased, pro-Islamic scumbag professor had all the students take the identical, leftist position, disallowing them to do research and arrive at their own conclusion.

The prof TOLD them what conclusion they were to reach.

Damn but you leftists are dense. The point is the biased, pro-Islamic scumbag professor had all the students take the identical, leftist position, disallowing them to do research and arrive at their own conclusion.

The prof TOLD them what conclusion they were to reach.

And as of yet no one has defined how you decide to call those defending their own county a terrorist.

If another country attacked us, would we be a terrorist for defending the country?

And as of yet no one has defined how you decide to call those defending their own county a terrorist.

If another country attacked us, would we be a terrorist for defending the country?
Not the issue. You're trying to defend the Islamic scumbags, and the thread is about how a leftist professor demanded his students conclude that the Taliban aren’t terrorists and figure out a way to justify that - warning them that they better not take the dissenting view.

Typical leftist - see things MY way, or shut up.

Not the issue. You're trying to defend the Islamic scumbags, and the thread is about how a leftist professor demanded his students conclude that the Taliban aren’t terrorists and figure out a way to justify that - warning them that they better not take the dissenting view.

Typical leftist - see things MY way, or shut up.

I'm addressing the issue at hand. Whether or not those defending their own country can be labelled terrorists. Obviously you are not able to make that argument so the point is ceded. They were not terrorists.

I'm addressing the issue at hand. Whether or not those defending their own country can be labelled terrorists. Obviously you are not able to make that argument so the point is ceded. They were not terrorists.
No, the issue at hand is whether a professor at a university - a place where students should be encouraged to think and reason for themselves - should ALL be given the same leftist “conclusion” to defend, and forbid any opposing view.

Perhaps another professor should come up with a biased conclusion - let’s say, affirmative action unfairly punishes innocent whites - and DEMAND every one of his students write an essay explaining why that is so.

No, the issue at hand is whether a professor at a university - a place where students should be encouraged to think and reason for themselves - should ALL be given the same leftist “conclusion” to defend, and forbidden any opposing view.

Facts are not right or left. Facts are facts. The professor is likely trying to teach that.

Perhaps another professor should come up with a biased conclusion - let’s say, affirmative action unfairly punishes innocent whites - and DEMAND every one of his students write an essay explaining why that is so.

As you have shown, his position is not biased. It's a simple fact. Those defending their own country are not terrorists.

Facts are not right or left. Facts are facts. The professor is likely trying to teach that.

As you have shown, his position is not biased. It's a simple fact. Those defending their own country are not terrorists.
It’s not a fact. And for the last time, the intolerant leftist demanded students see things HIS way, and threatened them if they dissented.

College is no place to indoctrinate students into defending Islamic barbarians, while simultaneously condemning our own country.

It’s not a fact. And for the last time, the intolerant leftist demanded students see things HIS way, and threatened them if they dissented.

I saw no threats. They were in your head.

College is no place to indoctrinate students into defending Islamic barbarians, while simultaneously condemning our own country.

How do you define those defending their own country as terrorists? Not being able to answer this my only conclusion is you have allowed the government to indoctrinate you. It's good to have professors in college that can get students to think for themselves and not be led around by government lies.

So then the professor should have asked his students which among them think the Taliban are terrorists, and which do not, and then have them defend the opposite position. He should haven’t forced them all to come out with reasons why the Taliban aren’t terrorists.

This just shows how leftists - the worst of whom are educators, but there are plenty on this forum - jump to defend, downplay, or justify terrible behavior when committed by one of their protected groups (Muslims is one, blacks is another) yet vilify wrongdoing by those in their unprotected groups (whites being the prime example).
Patriot1235793 hours ago
I spoke to this professor at length in Twitter DMs. He wasn't saying the Taliban aren't Terrorists. He was merely using the essay as a kick-off discussion as to how organizations are classified as Terrorist or not.
He pointed out, correctly, that the Trump Administration never classified the Taliban as a terrorist organization.
He despises the Taliban and very much considers them to be a Terrorist organization. I have reached out to Dr. Cook before writing this story.

This was a Political Science class, and this type of discussion does happen, for those of you who like to diss higher education as a means to expand your mind.

Have you ever been exposed to a college political science class, or any higher education class?

I saw no threats. They were in your head.

How do you define those defending their own country as terrorists? Not being able to answer this my only conclusion is you have allowed the government to indoctrinate you. It's good to have professors in college that can get students to think for themselves and not be led around by government lies.
Listen up. This thread is now in EDUCATION. If you want to be a good leftist an defend Islamic barbarians, start a thread in politics.

And OMFG! The professor is getting students to “think for themselves”? He has demanded that they think one way, and one way only…..HIS way, the leftist way.

Leftists like yourself credit people with “thinking for themselves” when they buy into the leftist position. If not, you say they’re indoctrinated. There is room for one ONE view in Upside-Down Leftist World.

If I were to say “blacks are still oppressed in America,” you would say, “now you’re thinking for yourself!” If I were to say “blacks are given many advantages in this day and age, and while there still remains some racism on an individual, there is no widespread oppression or racism,” you start in on me.

IOW:

1) agree with the liberal position = thinking for yourself

2) examining facts and circumstances and disagreeing liberal position = indoctrinated, or stupid, or racist, or white supremacist

This is not a communist country, where only one view is applauded and any dissent is silenced, condemned, or punished

Patriot1235793 hours ago
I spoke to this professor at length in Twitter DMs. He wasn't saying the Taliban aren't Terrorists. He was merely using the essay as a kick-off discussion as to how organizations are classified as Terrorist or not.
He pointed out, correctly, that the Trump Administration never classified the Taliban as a terrorist organization.
He despises the Taliban and very much considers them to be a Terrorist organization. I have reached out to Dr. Cook before writing this story.

This was a Political Science class, and this type of discussion does happen, for those of you who like to diss higher education as a means to expand your mind.

Have you ever been exposed to a college political science class, or any higher education class?
I have a graduate degree. And far from dissing higher education, I lament that intolerant leftists are indoctrinating students with leftist beliefs rather than encouraging them to think for themselves.

Forum List

Back